Any cricket lovers on here?

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,977
    From the way he was batting in that innings, Bairstow hasn't done his case much good.
  • JimD666
    JimD666 Posts: 2,293

Lead over 200 with 5 wickets left. Looking pretty good.

um.......

Please stop posting now!

😉
  • JimD666
    I have no idea how this will finish. Have to think they'd of liked another 20-30 runs as a minimum. A bowler able to spin the ball without leaving most of his flesh on it would be handy about now.

Joe Root to take a 5'fer?
  • kingstongraham
    I think Bairstow might have just doomed himself.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

I think Bairstow might have just doomed himself.

It was a bad break - I think Stokes will feel he owes him more than one test.

Maybe give the gloves to Pope and lethim open the bowling.
  • When eng and aus are evenly matched, there really isn't anything better in cricket than the Ashes.
  • JimD666

When eng and aus are evenly matched, there really isn't anything better in cricket than the Ashes.

I'll agree but I suspect Ind/Pak fans may not :)
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,804

When eng and aus are evenly matched, there really isn't anything better in cricket than the Ashes.

Nothing better in all of sport IMO.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,492
    JimD666 said:

If they could all grow up and maybe play a test match they may have a case!
  • JimD666
    Tashman said:

JimD666 said:

If they could all grow up and maybe play a test match they may have a case!
    That would probably fix 95% of the world's issues, not just India and Pakistan!

Everytime you get the feeling to invade a neighbour, play a Test Match instead. World Peace obtained!
  • Don't want to be a doom monger, but the claim was the rain would start to clear around 11am. It looks pretty well set in for the moment across the Midlands, I think we have at least 2 or 3 more hours and then they would need to prepare the ground.

We may get a last day washout or a bit of play leading to a draw.

Hope I am proved wrong, of course!

• JimD666
    It'll be a shame. This game really deserves a winner. Even if it's the Aussies.
  • kingstongraham
    No play before 1:10 after an early lunch.

If the rain is anything like it has been here, it will clear so I'd expect a decent amount of play this afternoon. They can go on until the light is too bad - maybe past 7:30ish, so should be enough time for either team to win.
  • Hopefully, but local weather were adamant last night that it would blow over by midday, and are now saying showers until late afternoon.

When we get big weather fronts over here they tend to stick longer than other parts of the country.

Am hoping to be proved wrong though!
  • kingstongraham
    At least it means Moeen won't be needed too much. The three main bowlers with a bit of cloud and a bit of breeze... lovely stuff.
  • Good point, I suspect when they do on, batting will be a bit of a nightmare for the Aussies!
  • Tashman

Don't want to be a doom monger, but the claim was the rain would start to clear around 11am. It looks pretty well set in for the moment across the Midlands, I think we have at least 2 or 3 more hours and then they would need to prepare the ground.

We may get a last day washout or a bit of play leading to a draw.

Hope I am proved wrong, of course!

We only need 7 balls!!
  • We only need 7 balls!!

Make it 10 to account for NB's!
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867

We only need 7 balls!!

Make it 10 to account for NB's!
    After factoring in old iron hands behind the stumps I think 20 overs is the bare minimum and 40 should be enough
  • After factoring in old iron hands behind the stumps I think 20 overs is the bare minimum and 40 should be enough

Probably right. Being pragmatic, we are looking at 3+hrs of play to try and get a result. It is still raining and grey cloud for miles, I genuinely don't see any play before 2pm unless things change dramatically, and once they do get out there is the prospect of going off again for more rain.

If we start getting towards 3pm or later it is going to be very tight.
  • kingstongraham
    edited June 2023
    2:15 start.

67 overs scheduled
  • Tashman
    Plenty of time for it to go either way then. It's certainly been well balanced through the England approach.
  • JimD666
    Have the feeling that if we can get Khawaja out in the first 30-45 minutes that we'll win.

If not then the Aussies go one up
  • kingstongraham
    Here we very much go.
  • commuterlegs
    commuterlegs Posts: 271
    This is such a good advert for Test cricket!
  • Tashman
    5 more!
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Tense.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,423
    I reckon they've lost this now. They needed Khawaja out in that session, I don't think they really have a chance now.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,423
    Although, I will be extremely happy to be proven wrong!
  • JimD666
    The weirdest thing is even if we lose this game, I can see us bouncing back. More than I could say about the last Ashes series