• crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    England have started really really well

Still very nervous though
  • Great to see nz under pressure but a long way to go
  • Wow. England were sensational.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Superb by England. Made NZ look very average.

Glad that the disallowed try at the start of the second half didn't prove a factor, as I think that was a very dodgy call, not that I can claim to be an expert.
  • Get in!!!

:D:D:D:D

I hope we get the Welsh next Saturday
  • crispybug2
    I never thought I’d see a New Zealand team be second best in every single department from start to finish

Could’ve had two more tries and New Zealand’s only score came from a England mistake
  • Think ill pass on the turbo and ho for a few beers.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,948
    Pulled out a fantastic performance when it was needed, very enjoyable to watch. I would like to face SA in the final for a potential southern hempisphere hat trick in the knockout stages.
  • As good an England performance as I've ever seen.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • AWESOME just AWESOME.

Possibly Englands best game ever? In terms of performance anyway.

Now just need to repeat that next week.

Would not like to face NZ in 3rd place play off game, they will be fired up!
  • crispybug2
    I’ve just gone back and watched the game again ( this time minus the gut wrenching tension that accompanies live sports!) and I have to say that England were even better than I thought at the time, the best statistic from the match is that England conceded a grand total of six penalties during, to put that into context they conceded eight in the first ten minutes against Tonga

Maro Itoje was absolutely immense, and In general New Zealand supporters have been magnanimous and generous with their praise, I thoroughly enjoyed the kiwi bitching about the stadium playing the bass part from Seven Nation Army so England fans could sing “Oooohhh Maro Itoje” which gave England an unfair psychological advantage and proved that they wanted New Zealand to lose!! I always enjoy watching a graceless loser!!
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,345
    Well....I don't know how to process that...

That was an incredible performance. Not only were the ABs outplayed, without a momentary coc3 up they'd have been shut out. Not a single kickable penalty given away by England.

Did anyone hear the Kiwi Orla Chennoui on the house of rugby podcast last week*? Ooof she needs some humble pie today!!!

(*First time I've listened to it too)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I have been buzzing all day after watching that this morning
    I fully expected NZ to win but was hoping ENG would scrape a low scoring tight win.
    How wrong can you be they were incredible. They deserve all the praise that MR heaps upon them :D
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,142
    Only saw a few minutes at the start as I had a marathon to run but couldn't understand what happened to New Zealand. They've looked a level above all the other teams in the tournament until now. I'm quite glad as if Wales can win tomorrow I'd fancy their chances over England, no matter how well they are playing at the moment, than NZ who I think are the one side Wales may feel they can't beat.
  • crispybug2
    Wales vs South Africa has been really dull so far
  • timothyw
    Not exactly dull but not quite the standard from yesterday, certainly.

Wales need to find a bit of inspiration otherwise SA will just keep grinding them down.
  • Pross
    It's understandably nervy, even worse watching on a pub TV that must have an internet feed that keeps buffering at key moments!
  • Pross
    Usual problem, Welsh squad is too weak and as soon as they make changes they struggle.
  • Pross
    Can't take this!!
  • timothyw
    Oh dear me, that was really careless giving away two penalties in quick succession to give SA the lead in the last ten.
  • ddraver
    Bokke Out WarrenBalled Wales...
    - @ddraver
  • Oh well, Good Luck England next week. I think you'll smash that lot.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • I thought it was a dreadful match and the commentary was appalling.

Equally nervous about SA if they try to kill the ball at the breakdown all the time.
  • I think both sides should have kicked the ball more often :roll:
  • What a dreadful game THAT was.

Still on the bright side England in final!

Oh and MF, Max Boyce, Shirley Bassey, Ivor the Engine, Tom Jones - your boys took one hell of a beating! :lol:
  • well if SA play like that in the final it will be dull.

I reckon the match of the tournament was the England NZ game.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Pross wrote:
    Only saw a few minutes at the start as I had a marathon to run but couldn't understand what happened to New Zealand. They've looked a level above all the other teams in the tournament until now. I'm quite glad as if Wales can win tomorrow I'd fancy their chances over England, no matter how well they are playing at the moment, than NZ who I think are the one side Wales may feel they can't beat.

What happened to NZ is that they met a team who, on the day, were simply better than them in every department. They didn’t suddenly play badly, they were stopped from playing well.

Shame for Wales, that’s a hard loss to take. But I’d rather have played SA than Wales in the final.
  • ddraver
    TimothyW wrote:
    Oh dear me, that was really careless giving away two penalties in quick succession to give SA the lead in the last ten.

That Faf de Klerk kick down the line in the last few minutes was just insanely good though. The ability to do that so perfectly under such pressure makes me worried about next week. He was a star today even if he would've box kicked that star...

That and SA did really well to get into Welsh heads. There were even a few of the Welsh elder statesman getting riled. Considering a few of England's key players have wide open patio doors into their heads, if I was Mr Jones I'd be sacking off training this week and sending them up to a cloud ringed monastery to learn super galactic zen oneness...
    - @ddraver