TDF Stage 19, Stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne > Tignes 26/07/2019 - 126,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• 'kin River Monsters. How does he manage to keep peddling that myth?
    skynews-jeremy-wade-dark-waters_4641207.jpg?20190416081548
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    On Danish TV2 we don't have any ads during the stage, much less for river monster fish or donkey sanctuaries.

On the other hand, we did get a detailed weather forecast - abut 30c at the start 19c at the finish, 30% chance of rain on l'Iseran, 60% at the finish (which could also drop the temperature to 13-14c)

We also had Rolf Sørensen fresh from a recon ride of Tignes - where he says they don't take the normal route, but take something a bit smaller and harder, with some steep ramps.*

*Paging Davidoff for local knowledge!

Oh and then a clip of Bernal warming up while being serenaded with "Olé Olé Olé, Egan, Egan" by a bunch of Colombian fans :-D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    Dabber wrote:
    I heard there has been a bit of road damage in the area after the storm that started just after the end of yesterday's stage. Hope it doesn't effect today.

The French commissaire will probably decide to re route the stage around all mountains and cancel the summit finish. Best do the same tomorrow as well just to be safe.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Brian Smith really doesn't like Geraint Thomas does?
    All race he has talked his chances down.
    He's all but written him off.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Oh Romain

Polka Dot helmet
  • Oh Romain

Polka Dot helmet

STD?
  • Oh Romain

Polka Dot helmet

STD?

LARF
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Off we go, not without another one of Ned's wind reports though! The man's as obsessed with wind direction as Kirby is with wet roundabouts
  • Alan Ha Ha
    Alan Ha Ha Posts: 88
    Millar... Never before in the history of cycling has brown shorts been described as a merciful choice :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • ShutupJens
    Oh Romain

Polka Dot helmet

STD?

LARF

Has he kept the brown shorts though? Not an ideal choice to make really
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,861
    Alan Ha Ha wrote:
    ATC did you see these maddies yesterday?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 0508948466

high culture...geddit!
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ShutupJens wrote:
    Off we go, not without another one of Ned's wind reports though! The man's as obsessed with wind direction as Kirby is with wet roundabouts

Ned has 27 x 43 x 18 x 21 different ways of describing wind direction x force x significance x rising or falling
  • mididoctors
    i wonder who's going to win?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • blazing_saddles
    edited July 2019
    Alan Ha Ha wrote:
    Millar... Never before in the history of cycling has brown shorts been described as a merciful choice :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Handy for those wet descents, innit.
  • i wonder who's going to win?

of minor concern
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    Picked a good day to have the electricity switched off for the afternoon to have some work done at home :-(
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • blazing_saddles
    Movistar winding up their clockwork soldiers.
  • mididoctors
    larkim wrote:
    Picked a good day to have the electricity switched off for the afternoon to have some work done at home :-(

crazy scheduling...get down a wifi hotspot and watch it on the itv4 hub
  • mididoctors
    Movistar winding up their clockwork soldiers.

get nairo to attack over the iseran would be panic inducing
  • ShutupJens
    Millar getting emotional over the start, this does look mean though
  • mididoctors
    Movistar cant have anything left. Amador is falling to bits.... ..
  • mididoctors
    soler is riding to an early grave FFS
  • mididoctors
    movistar
  • ShutupJens
    Movistar just windmilling like crazy, throwing punches left right and centre. Definitely modelling themselves as the anti sky. Katusha making a go at the Lanterne with the old 1-2
  • blazing_saddles
    Blimey, what a start. Katusha going all out gamble for the Lantern Rouge....
  • mididoctors
    dowsett....nooooooooooooo
  • ShutupJens

I don't think he'll make the cut going this early
  • mididoctors
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Movistar just windmilling like crazy, throwing punches left right and centre. Definitely modelling themselves as the anti sky. Katusha making a go at the Lanterne with the old 1-2

Spanish anti postals
  • Less than 5km done and the shedding begins.

The time cut is going to break a few hearts today I think...
  • mididoctors
    ShutupJens wrote:

I don't think he'll make the cut going this early

not looking good...hey guys wait for me