TDF 2019, Stage 15: Limoux > Foix Prat d'Albis 21/07/2019 - 185 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    yeah compressed the gc
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Need a before / after top 10 on GC
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 6,033
    Decent recovery by JA after G broke, think he only lost ~25secs, Pinot is on a mountain stage roll.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Two incredible days of racing! This is going to be a vintage
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    Great day for Bernal and Pinot, G shows his experience.
    If Alaphillipe gets Isolated again everyone will attack him from here on in.
  • mididoctors
    mistake....should of just stayed with thomas... went way too deep. he knew from yesterday he can't go with pinot at the business end of a mountain stage ...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    This is the most exciting tdf for years!

Brilliant!
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    1m35 JA to Thomas on GC now. So Friday, as you were, more or less.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    Gweeds wrote:
    About 25s back to JA from Thomas?
    Yes. In the end only what he lost yesterday. Ineos are going to have to play the Bernal card. Pinot should bury Ala in the Alps
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    EAAgLjTXkAAcMFL.jpg:large
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Glad I'm not on a train or plane today. Probably means it will all fizzle out after a promising start. Sorry.

I managed to reverse jinx the stage by making a prediction, which then couldn't come true.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • mididoctors
    davidof wrote:
    Landa let's Peanut take bonus with a nod

favour owed... plus he was completely bu99ered
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    Phew!
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    Great ride from Pinot again, must be the favourite now?
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    EAAgp8iXYAETKFC.jpg
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Simon Skates to another victory!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • larkim
    Pinot for Paris? Only needs 15s on Thomas.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    mistake....should have just stayed with thomas... went way too deep. he knew from yesterday he can't go with pinot at the business end of a mountain stage ...
    Yesterday he was claiming that he could have beaten Peanut
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    davidof wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:
    Yes. In the end only what he lost yesterday. Ineos are going to have to play the Bernal card. Pinot should bury Ala in the Alps

Pinot falls apart in the heat it's going to be 40 plus degrees across France mid week. He looks the favourite other than that though
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • larkim
    Those must be the three hardest days riding that Alaphilippe has ever done. He's got to be grateful that it's not summit finish tomorrow.
  • mididoctors
    pinot can get two more bites on two mountain top finishes...can get over Thomas and the rest ....alaphillipe falls away and leaves him in yellow....
  • FocusZing
    Simon Skates to another victory!

When the chips were down, he sliced and diced his competition and served them with lemon!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    gsk82 wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Pinot falls apart in the heat it's going to be 40 plus degrees across France mid week. He looks the favourite other than that though

This could be a major issue for Pinot.
    40C or more for Nimes and Gap, even 35C+ starting the Alpine stages.

Geraint said he was much better today but couldn't chase. Sounded upbeat.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    Glad I'm not on a train or plane today. Probably means it will all fizzle out after a promising start. Sorry.

I managed to reverse jinx the stage by making a prediction, which then couldn't come true.

Me too.
    I did for Wout on Friday. :oops:
  • FocusZing
    edited July 2019
    Thomas looking and sounding much better compared to yesterday during the interview.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    What are inoes doing ffs G is the reining champ support him for the bloody win stop playing around, G must be fucked off

Froome and brad wouldn't stand for it
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • mididoctors
    Fairplay to Movistar... they came surprisingly close to pulling that insane stage victory off.

bonkers
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    itboffin wrote:
    What are inoes doing ffs G is the reining champ support him for the bloody win stop playing around, G must be farked off

Froome and brad wouldn't stand for it

?
  • blazing_saddles
    FocusZing wrote:
    Thomas looking and sounding much better compared to yesterday during the interview.

Alaphilippe looking the opposite.