TDF 2019, Stage 15: Limoux > Foix Prat d'Albis 21/07/2019 - 185 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,816
    Quintana now looks to be struggling from the break
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,867
    quintana... oufff
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    HORSES!

Screen-Shot-2019-07-21-at-14-52-38.png
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    pinot could go early on the mur and bridge to Reichenbach and mollard?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • mididoctors
    the gap is opening up pretty rapidily
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,100
    I think I'm becoming a bit of a Ciccone fan boy.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • blazing_saddles
    Jumbo eyeing up the Quick Step slow train.
    Maybe it might be worth turning up the tempo a bit to put Viviani and co out the rear?
  • mididoctors
    dan martin... oufff
  • mididoctors
    Jumbo eyeing up the Quick Step slow train.
    Maybe it might be worth turning up the tempo a bit to put Viviani and co out the rear?

i would let the gap extend making mollard and Reichenbach's motive to stay for the stage victory or fall back for pinot favour the former more...

got to finesse the gap
  • mididoctors
    nairo holding the gap...
  • mididoctors
    they could bluff themselves out of it in the peloton and let these guys back into the gc
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Nairo 2nd "on the road"

Which of the breakaway are good descenders?
  • blazing_saddles
    Quintana seems to have bluffed his way up to 2nd on virtual GC.
  • DeadCalm
    Quintana up to 2nd on virtual GC. Lol.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    DeadCalm wrote:
    Quintana up to 2nd on virtual GC. Lol.

Blatent doping. ;)
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    they are all looking at each other behind. I guess the next climb is where it will happen
  • mrfpb
    edited July 2019
    3 mivistar riders at the front approaching the summit.

Nairo could be stretching today's lead.
  • DeadCalm
    What happened to Nibali?
    Team My Man 2022:

• mididoctors
    no one team is strong enough to impose. it will be the decisions /tactics they choose that will determine the outcome here
  • mididoctors
    DeadCalm wrote:
    What happened to Nibali?

couldn't be arsed.... parked up
  • above_the_cows
    Remember that Giro where a break was allowed to go and Porte got the pink jersey... That was funny because well Porte wasn't a GT winner, this... this is... I don't know what this is.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Had to go out and now trying to walk around Cardiff city centre watching on my phone without walking into people. It's not easy. Looks like all those who bemoaned Sky killing the Tour may have had a point but I suppose it helps that the two best GC riders aren't here as well.
  • mididoctors
    Remember that Giro where a break was allowed to go and Porte got the pink jersey... That was funny because well Porte wasn't a GT winner, this... this is... I don't know what this is.

seems like a thousand years ago...the giro with the gravel mountain ITT IIRC
  • mididoctors
    woods bike looks messed up
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,589
    Fair play to Movistar, they ballsed up yesterday but rather than licking their wounds are still trying to make a race of it.
  • above_the_cows
    And now it's raining!
  • N0bodyOfTheGoat
    N0bodyOfTheGoat Posts: 5,846
    :shock: Is that sleet?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • mididoctors
    last gasps from DQS coming up?
  • mididoctors
    ciccone from the break arttacks? ad break?
  • mrfpb
    Will Nairo race for the bonus seconds?

Currently in virtual 4th or 5th place on GC