Boris as PM

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,698
    he's just promised everything to everyone.. even animals WTF
    The need to be adored is a little nauseating.

Thing is: if anyone can talk their way out of not leaving by 31st October (or any other "commitment") Johnson can.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Of course, now he has got the top job, is there any need for him to pretend to be a leaver any more?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Rolf F wrote:
    Of course, now he has got the top job, is there any need for him to pretend to be a leaver any more?

I am sure he sees the referendum as a way of strengthening our hand to negotiate better membership terms.
  • rjsterry
    The, um, reshuffle is interesting...

A relief that Truss isn't Chancellor.

Is Raab being parked out at the FO for reasons other than he'll do a good job?

Hang'em Patel as Home Sec...
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Maybe Raab has been studying maps of the world, y'know outside the confines of London SW1, to expand his knowledge, such as Dover being an important port on the SE coast, so is now well qualified to be Minister of the Furrins?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looking on the bright side, he does appear to be raising leftie blood pressures :)

Who are these lefties?
    The ones with high blood pressure?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Looking on the bright side, he does appear to be raising leftie blood pressures :)

Who are these lefties?
    The ones with high blood pressure?

So high blood pressure and you are a leftie?

Given the average age of the Tory membership I think you could mistaken about that.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Grayling has gone, not for boundless ineffectiveness or incompetence, no sireee, but he’s gone

Every cloud eh!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Raab as Foreign Sec and Patel as home sec after she *really recently* got binned for gross misconduct.

This is what Italian politics is like isn’t it?
  • Stevo_666
    Raab as Foreign Sec and Patel as home sec after she *really recently* got binned for gross misconduct.

This is what Italian politics is like isn’t it?
    We're trying to follow the European political model. Surely that has to be a good thing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • rick_chasey
    OMG the cabinet is like a who’s who of stone cold liars, idiots and purveyors of professional misconduct.

Ha.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    OMG the cabinet is like a who’s who of stone cold liars, idiots and purveyors of professional misconduct.

Ha.

But no room for Fox or Grayling?
  • rjsterry

Ha.

The main qualifying criteria appears to be support for Boris during his campaign.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    rjsterry wrote:

Ha.

The only criteria appears to be having shoved your nose Boris' arze during his campaign.

FTFY
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Blood pressure tablets on standby if anybody needs them :)
  • rjsterry
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Better send them to the ERG, what with Dominic Cummings installed in no.10.
    One source said veteran Brexiters including Johnson’s campaign chair Iain Duncan Smith, Bill Cash and Owen Paterson were furious.

So much for uniting the party.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    R 4 commentator iirc said it was Cummins cabinet. Basically it's not about who was up BoJo's behind, Liz Truss was right up there but got nothing significant. It was about clearing out the old cabinet and getting new (ish) faces in.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    JRM Leader of the Commons. This has to be the worst Cabinet in history.

Listening to pundits earlier and the consensus was he knows he won't get parliament to agree no deal so is preparing for a GE. I don't see how that will help though unless the Tories somehow win a significant majority which seems unlikely.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,804
    R 4 commentator iirc said it was Cummins cabinet. Basically it's not about who was up BoJo's behind, Liz Truss was right up there but got nothing significant. It was about clearing out the old cabinet and getting new (ish) faces in.
    Sounds like my work.
    You work on a certain aspect of the project until 75% complete and then get moved to another aspect.
    You then get up to speed on that aspect, and get moved on again.
    It appears to be trying to improve things but simply does not work.
    #allaboutimage
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    edited July 2019
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So, by contrast, do you rate this cabinet?

The idea that Williamson who was sacked for a serious security leak as head of the MoD only 85 days ago is being made Education Secretary is one that fills your heart with joy?

Or Priti Patel who was sacked for running her own international back channels has failed upwards to become Home Secretary?

Or Grant Schapps, kicked out for bullying, who secretly moonlighted as Micheal Green as a web marketer and denied it multiple times before being forced to by investigative journalists, as transport secretary?
  • rick_chasey
    Presumably since Cummins is involved he’s basically prepping for an election?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So, by contrast, do you rate this cabinet?

The idea that Williamson who was sacked for a serious security leak as head of the MoD only 85 days ago is being made Education Secretary is one that fills your heart with joy?

Or Priti Patel who was sacked for running her own international back channels has failed upwards to become Home Secretary?

Or Grant Schapps, kicked out for bullying, who secretly moonlighted as Micheal Green as a web marketer and denied it multiple times before being forced to by investigative journalists, as transport secretary?
    Bit difficult to judge given that they haven't actually done anything yet. First cabinet meeting is at 8:30 this morning apparently.

I'll judge them on what they do now that they are the government. Patience, young jedi.

Out of interest, what do you think Jo Swinson has achieved since taking over the LibDem leadership?
  • rick_chasey
    Au contraire, they have already done a lot, as per the above.

They’re not grads straight out of uni.

You could say the same for Corbyn but you don’t. Surely by the logic you’ve just used you ought to wait until he’s PM to see how he does?

Duuuuh.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited July 2019
    Cabinet of horrors. Self serving horrors too (obvs). Aside from "no deal" are they likely to agree on anything? Are they capable of compromise or so convinced of their own brilliance and everyone else's stupidity that they'll get nothing done. Meanwhile, Bojo stands on the steps of Number 10 spouting a load of crap he made up five minutes previously as to how he is going to spend all the money he hasn't got. Anyone applying for a job in the force? Apparently the interviews are today.

I wonder how long before Boris's new cabinet starts sticking their knives into him. Not long I expect. That's the problem with being the lead hyena; it's not long before you are just a pile of bones, fur and blood.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Stevo 666 wrote:

Reading this thread (even with the c*nt list turned on) it seems like anti-depressants are more appropriate
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Reading this thread (even with the c*nt list turned on) it seems like anti-depressants are more appropriate

Have you tried anti-Brexidants? Most efficacious in every case, even, just possibly, yours.

Anyway, I wouldn't turn you off Coopster. Every time I read your stuff it confirms my opinion that Brexit is a shit-show out of which we need to walk, if not run.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Stevo, would you employ a minion who has found to be dishonest, lying to the PM or Williamson who leaks information, brings an organisation into disrepute and harms stakeholders relationships within a key HMG committee for political gain?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    edited July 2019
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Out of interest, what do you think Jo Swinson has achieved since taking over the LibDem leadership?

Well it's not gone 10 o clock yet and she's already put down a no confidence vote.

Edit - apparently this was overstated somewhat
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Far from depressing, it's moronic to install a cabinet that alienates half his own parliamentary party when he has no majority in the commons. Which is a good thing.