TDF 2019, Stage 12: Toulouse > Bagnères-de-Bigorre 18/07/2019 - 209,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Gweeds wrote:

Interesting! He has got form for rubbing management up the wrong way. Another mid season switch on the cards?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    new shoes for Simon - Sidi? he normally has those matching Scott's
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    fingers crossed for yeates 3.6 to go
  • ShutupJens
    Final 3km. Three way track sprint as the group behind are approx 2 minutes behind
  • ShutupJens
    Yates skipping turns now
  • Alejandrosdog
    Rohan always seemed a bit fragile to me. maybe hes another one to crack mentally.
  • ShutupJens
    Real soft turns, Millar pointing out the significance of the corner with 200m to go, says you need to lead into it
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,815
    I banged out the next stage preview, while this was going on. Says a lot.

Typical non sprinters sprint.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ShutupJens
    Who has the coolest head? everyone looking around, Yates takes the corner first
  • Alejandrosdog
    ooooft exciting
  • blazing_saddles
    Yates wins.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    edited July 2019
    YATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matt white will prob. have a blub.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Yates skates to victory.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Alejandrosdog
    BANG BANG BANG SIMON BOOOOOM
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,266
    Nicely done
  • Alejandrosdog
    hahahah i liked that, he looked like he was enjoying the run in to the sprint good job
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Well, I picked Yates for PTP but it was Adam. I demand finger print testing to prove that was Simon. Thought he messed that up by finally sprinting just before having to slow down for the two bends.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    In 2 or 3 man sprints, always bet on the ex-track rider.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Alejandrosdog
    the pictures of Ineos on the front as a whole team tell a story . Luke Rowe is class
  • Alejandrosdog
    Pross wrote:
    Well, I picked Yates for PTP but it was Adam. I demand finger print testing to prove that was Simon. Thought he messed that up by finally sprinting just before having to slow down for the two bends.

I thought he might have screwed that up too.
  • That was... not exactly the most exciting stage we’ve had.
  • blazing_saddles
    That was... not exactly the most exciting stage we’ve had.

To be fair, most of us thought that it would be a nothing day in terms of the GC.
    Obvious really.
  • Alejandrosdog
    That was... not exactly the most exciting stage we’ve had.

To be fair, most of us thought that it would be a nothing day in terms of the GC.
    Obvious really.

I quite enjoyed the last 10k
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    That was poor, pretty much 3 rest days back to back. I know riding through the Pyrenees is never going to be easy but when the race favourites entire team stay together on the first mountain stage it shows a lack of ambition by others. I'm surprised anyone got dropped to be honest!

Good win by Yates to get himself a full set of stages though.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    D_xDNS1XkAEsYDi.jpg

Great ride by Simon Yates.
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    the pictures of Ineos on the front as a whole team tell a story . Luke Rowe is class

It bugs the fuck out of me, Ineos are cruising around in perfect formation looking like they've got all their shit in one sock and you see the other GC teams putting random people in breakaways for no real reason.

Come the big stages when most GC contenders have no domestiques capable of influencing anything you just hear the twitterati banging on about financial doping and how Ineos are ruining racing.

If you're going for GC go for fucking GC, stop pissing about!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Pross wrote:
    A theoretical question. Suppose it's a rainy day and everyone is wearing a cape obscuring their numbers. Then Adam has a mechanical and Simon gives him his bike, unreported by race radio. Then Adam goes in the break, but everyone thinks it's Simon and he gains nine minutes on GC. Would this be allowable? No-one has done anything wrong, but the riders had duff information.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    No question though, his head does get lost in a baseball cap.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Story of the day could be Rohan Dennis......Why did he quit the day before the TT ?? Very strange.
  • Alejandrosdog
    jam1e wrote:

It bugs the fark out of me, Ineos are cruising around in perfect formation looking like they've got all their shoot in one sock and you see the other GC teams putting random people in breakaways for no real reason.

Come the big stages when most GC contenders have no domestiques capable of influencing anything you just hear the twitterati banging on about financial doping and how Ineos are ruining racing.

If you're going for GC go for ******* GC, stop pissing about!

I think the far and away best GC team and contenders are Ineos, the others probing looking for a crack or weakness is probably all they can do unfortunately. Bahrain came pre fatigued from the giro, Movistar have a guy whos leaving and really is never there or there abouts.

Perhaps its better to win something rather than nothing.