TDF 2019, Stage 12: Toulouse > Bagnères-de-Bigorre 18/07/2019 - 209,5 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    nice shot of a movistar rider having a wizz while his mate pushes him along.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Please please please keep up the commentary. Doing #1 son a favour (he owes me big time): sat in a student house in Sheffield awaiting for the internet man to cometh.

Have my big bag of snacks, ITV4 on the telly box - bargain methinks. Alas previous occupants have run off with the TV aerial cable so no ITV4, no internet (yet) and only a shonky 4G signal. Boo.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Nizzolo abandons. Nice shot of Contador off the moto consoling him - he was pretty banged up in yesterday's crash.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Nizzolo abandons. Nice shot of Contador off the moto consoling him - he was pretty banged up in yesterday's crash.

Rohan Dennis climbs off too. Stomach issues in the team, apparently.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Rohan Dennis quits the race too. A day ahead of the ITT.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • poptart242
    poptart242 Posts: 531
    Flippin heck Dennis too. Seems some gastro issues in the Bahrain team. Gutted for him with the TT tomorrow.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    Dear Julian. Please stop playing up for the cameras. It was annoying when Voeckler did it and it still is.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    Dear Julian. Please stop playing up for the cameras. It was annoying when Voeckler did it and it still is.
    Nah, stuff like that is great.
  • Sagan takes the sprint.
  • gweeds
    Bahrain DS’s saying they’ve no idea why Dennis abandoned.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • blazing_saddles
    Bora bottle man nearly kills himself getting out of GVA's way. :shock:
  • gweeds
    Missed it. Bladdy Itv break
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    Bora bottle man nearly kills himself getting out of GVA's way. :shock:

Yes but at least he had the reaction to throw himself out of the way rather than cause an accident. Hope he's ok.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • gweeds
    Christ. That looked like it hurt.
  • davidof
    Calmejane 3km from the col, 34 seconds ahead of the break. Peloton taking it easy over 6 minutes back.
    Instagramme
  • davidof
    and hop, Calmejane caught 2 meters from the Peyresourde
    Instagramme
  • blazing_saddles
    52kms of descending and 10kms of climbing left.
    Not great.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,570
    Does anyonne know who does the commentary for SuperSport? It's quite diffrent to Eurosport and ITV.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    Yates moving up
  • Right, have just switched on.

1. Is everyone waiting for the Tourmalet?
    2. Has anyone checked on Carlton?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    So what happened to Simon Yates saving his legs to help Adam? He appears to have gone on an adventure with Trentin instead
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Those Mitchelton Scott helmets are fugly.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • blazing_saddles
    Nicholas 21005.jpg?v=14a6e8 hanging in there.
  • ShutupJens
    30km of descending to the finish, bar the little kicker a quarter of the way down. Mitchelton Scott appear to be sitting pretty here although I thought they were here for a GC result
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Nicholas 21005.jpg?v=14a6e8 hanging in there.

What a shame that actually is a roach, can't use my witty retort about it being Amber...
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    boesemani-rainbow-500x500.jpg

Leads the peloton over the top of the climb.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    EPC06 wrote:
    Ineos to control strong pace on final climb ..ride cautious on descent limiting small loses from daredevil descenders ... Smash the TT next day,.. maybe bernal takes a flyer over the top if they are feeling aggressive.

If they are left to it.

Counter move is for Astana and or movistar to ramp it up on the peyresoude and smash the ineos train early though isolating themselves in the meantime. If movistar/Astana get riders in the break to support a early attack by having guys to bridge too we will see the intent. Risky cos it can backfire. But they have to do something.

Jumbo? Follow best they can.

DQS are the new factor. If they ride to defend early it helps out ineos a lot.

Agree. Don't see the prevailing logic that everyone will be saving themselves for TT.
    Attack Ineos today and take the risk, otherwise there will be only 3rd place on the podium up for grabs in Paris.

So there wasn't any GC action on the climbs then.
  • ShutupJens
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    Ineos to control strong pace on final climb ..ride cautious on descent limiting small loses from daredevil descenders ... Smash the TT next day,.. maybe bernal takes a flyer over the top if they are feeling aggressive.

If they are left to it.

Counter move is for Astana and or movistar to ramp it up on the peyresoude and smash the ineos train early though isolating themselves in the meantime. If movistar/Astana get riders in the break to support a early attack by having guys to bridge too we will see the intent. Risky cos it can backfire. But they have to do something.

Jumbo? Follow best they can.

DQS are the new factor. If they ride to defend early it helps out ineos a lot.

Agree. Don't see the prevailing logic that everyone will be saving themselves for TT.
    Attack Ineos today and take the risk, otherwise there will be only 3rd place on the podium up for grabs in Paris.

So there wasn't any GC action on the climbs then.

None, everyone thinking about the TT and the climbs still to come. There's too much riding after the 2nd summit and there's a lot of racing left to do after the TT
  • gweeds
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    more epic and accurate predictions from me on future stages Thank me now.

However the finale of this stage is my kind of ride