TDF 2019: Stage 8, Mâcon > Saint-Étienne 13/07/2019 - 200 km *Spoilers*

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Finding the ITV adverts difficult in my emotionally fragile state.

One minute its dogs in pain and the next minute it's long descriptions about african kids with eye infections.

I'll have no money left soon!

Harden your heart and remember you need that money for the next session which is far more important.
  • meursault
    meursault Posts: 1,433
    Eurosports Morrocan tourist ad gives me a smile

"Africa's most stable country"!

Where shall we go this year? Has there been a bloody coup and ethnic cleansing in Morroco? No, let's go!
    Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    well Im not interested in going to see Fast and ridiculous thats for sure...
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,814
    Terpstra and King starting to struggle up front.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,863
    sunweb going to run out or riders
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mididoctors
    conversations at the front
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    bobmcstuff wrote:

One minute its dogs in pain and the next minute it's long descriptions about african kids with eye infections.

There's far better charities to give money to than those who spend their income on tv adverts and central London offices for their 1000 admin staff.

I have joined the cat lottery though.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • mididoctors
    TDG has accelerated.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    Looks like Sagan and Matthews are going to still be there for the finish unless things get harder in the peloton.
  • mididoctors
    gsk82 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

There's far better charities to give money to than those who spend their income on tv adverts and central London offices for their 1000 admin staff.

charity is no substitute for social justice I say

...one solution revolution
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    De Marchi and De Gendt off up the road now - classic.

Gap going out a little bit too.
  • bobmcstuff
    De Marchi runs a corner wide and nearly has a major upset... ok and rides on
  • above_the_cows
    De Marchi does a Voeckler.
  • mididoctors
    Pross wrote:
    Looks like Sagan and Matthews are going to still be there for the finish unless things get harder in the peloton.

strange day. de Marchi overcooked a corner
    chasing on
  • Alan Ha Ha
    Alan Ha Ha Posts: 88
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    De Marchi runs a corner wide and nearly has a major upset... ok and rides on

The year Nibali won did this hill get used as well and he went off at the same corner?
  • mididoctors
    tdg not waiting
  • mididoctors
    yeah he is
  • mididoctors
    i hope they stay away.
  • above_the_cows
    gsk82 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

charity is no substitute for social justice I say

...one solution revolution

giphy.gif
  • mididoctors
    look at nibali enjoying it. :)
  • mididoctors
    there are two men riding their bikes quite hard.
  • mididoctors
    they have to go all in to get them?
  • above_the_cows
    What on earth are Astana riding for?
  • mididoctors
    de -kurr -nick were always thinking of tomorrow me thinks..lot less energy to mug that time bonus than today.
  • mididoctors
    What on earth are Astana riding for?
    I dont know.... birdsong to do a flyer?
  • mididoctors
    TDG looks bloody strong...been putting the miles in
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,814
    Sagan on the elastic....
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • mididoctors
    sagan fading
  • bobmcstuff
    Sagan getting dropped