Team SKY to be known as Team Ineos.

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I see Froome is back in action at Catalyna tomorrow. Is he just doing that and Dauphine and a million climbing miles before the tour? Seems a bit light on racing compared to Thomas' programme

But Froome looks after himself during the off-season, whereas G openly admitted he 'enjoyed himself' after his tour win, so perhaps needs the racing.

Ultimately they might be following different programmes but I expect both to be perfectly conditioned for the tour.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    I see Froome is back in action at Catalyna tomorrow. Is he just doing that and Dauphine and a million climbing miles before the tour? Seems a bit light on racing compared to Thomas' programme

He is also down to ride the all singing and dancing Tour de Yorkshire.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Each year from 2014 to 2017 he started with Catalunya, then did Romandie and Dauphine. He may swap Romandie for Yorkshire this time. It also suggests he'll probably do the Vuelta again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    "Ineos warns it is likely to abandon plans to frack in England
    Chemicals company tells UK regulator that limit on earth tremors is ‘artificially low’"

So good chance of no fraking anyway...

https://www.ft.com/content/0bd2bbcc-5e8 ... cd5d43599e
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    "Ineos warns it is likely to abandon plans to frack in England
    Chemicals company tells UK regulator that limit on earth tremors is ‘artificially low’"

So good chance of no fraking anyway...

https://www.ft.com/content/0bd2bbcc-5e8 ... cd5d43599e

Yeah, I thought about posting that...

Though there is an interpretation that Ineos are putting pressure on the Govt/Regulator to ease earth tremor regulators and thus get on with fracking. Ineos could be successful, particularly if a more favourable PM was in place post Brexit (think Johnson et al).
  • bobmcstuff
    I think the current government's problem w.r.t fraking is that a lot of the rural NIMBYs who oppose fraking are also core Conservative voters.

They have other electoral problems coming up as well but that's for another thread on another board I think.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Fracking is a very naughty word
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ******* is a very naughty word

Potty mouth
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    RichN95 wrote:
    If Brailsford had secured sponsorship from Cycling News, Cycling News would have written an article about how awful Cycling News is.
    That made me laugh out loud !
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Ineos kicking it off at Romandie now. One off kit for the race as the 'official' kit launch will be in Yorkshire.

Its all about not being able to overlap and race as Sky and Ineos at the same time.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Ineos kicking it off at Romandie now. One off kit for the race as the 'official' kit launch will be in Yorkshire.

Its all about not being able to overlap and race as Sky and Ineos at the same time.

It's also about thinking people give two hoots what their kit looks like.
  • RichN95.
    CarbonClem wrote:

Lots of people do, though. About all kits, not just theirs.
  • carbonclem
    CarbonClem wrote:

I’d say its using that to retain the big launch for the home crowds. They know it’ll be a big deal for those that are out at that event, and like it or not, it will be.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    CarbonClem wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

I’d say its using that to retain the big launch for the home crowds. They know it’ll be a big deal for those that are out at that event, and like it or not, it will be.

What a load of self indulgent tosh.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • bobmcstuff
    Self indulgent but true, at least to some extent - I'm not sure how much the "home fans" actually care, I guess not a lot. Ineos is hardly a household name, as you can tell from earlier responses on this thread.

They want to introduce the new sponsor at Yorkshire, which is fair enough as it's a British company. I couldn't really care less but I can see why a sponsor would want that. The rules mean they can't race in 2 kits at once so they need to use the same kit for Romandie because it overlaps. It's hardly complicated.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    The rules mean they can't race in 2 kits at once so they need to use the same kit for Romandie because it overlaps. It's hardly complicated.

albeit they arent,the TdR kit is supposed to be their one off for the season...so no TdF winners special if they win it this time ?

Im intruiged to see it because part of me likes that stuff except I know its going to look basically like Team Skys kit with just Ineos on it, so no big deal really
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    awavey wrote:
    Im intruiged to see it because part of me likes that stuff except I know its going to look basically like Team Skys kit with just Ineos on it, so no big deal really
    Like the Ocean Rescue one but instead of the whale it has a single raised finger?
    :D
  • kingstongraham
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    They want to introduce the new sponsor at Yorkshire, which is fair enough as it's a British company.

I've just taken up a floor and seen there is Quickstep underlay, which made me happy for some reason. I know I'm going to get all my whatever Ineos do from Ineos in the future.
  • gsk82
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    They want to introduce the new sponsor at Yorkshire, which is fair enough as it's a British company.

I've just taken up a floor and seen there is Quickstep underlay, which made me happy for some reason. I know I'm going to get all my whatever Ineos do from Ineos in the future.

Statutory redundancy pay?
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Ineos Salt?

pdv.jpg
  • kingstongraham
    gsk82 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Statutory redundancy pay?

Only if I can't get it from Mitchelton.
  • carbonclem
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Self indulgent but true, at least to some extent - I'm not sure how much the "home fans" actually care, I guess not a lot.

Noone cares much about the company Ineos, but about the team? Yes, they do, and will.

It had never really occurred to me before but when I was at E3 this year I parked near the team buses. Quick Step were all barrierd off with a press area and fans waiting to see the riders - just like Team Sky at the Tour of Britain.

Team Sky's bus was deserted - not a person in sight, no fans, noone gave a hoot. You could have literally walked straight on. It really bought home the different way they are viewed in the UK (and maybe now Columbia?).
  • gsk82
    CarbonClem wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Self indulgent but true, at least to some extent - I'm not sure how much the "home fans" actually care, I guess not a lot.

Noone cares much about the company Ineos, but about the team? Yes, they do, and will.

It had never really occurred to me before but when I was at E3 this year I parked near the team buses. Quick Step were all barrierd off with a press area and fans waiting to see the riders - just like Team Sky at the Tour of Britain.

Team Sky's bus was deserted - not a person in sight, no fans, noone gave a hoot. You could have literally walked straight on. It really bought home the different way they are viewed in the UK (and maybe now Columbia?).

Lets not forget how much shit sky took for having a barrier around their bus in the early days. The double standards around super rich ruining the sport sky and exciting smart quick step are pretty laughable.
  • RichN95.
    CarbonClem wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

When I've been around the buses at the Giro and Vuelta, the buses that get a crowd are the local big team or big local rider, the ones with a genuine A list star and the ones with Colombian riders.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Ineos supply chemicals to most consumer goods companies so we are all supporting them anyway.
  • kingstongraham
    cougie wrote:
    Ineos supply chemicals to most consumer goods companies so we are all supporting them anyway.

In that case, I'll buy all my consumer goods from most consumer goods companies, in order to support cycling.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    yet I fear that I still expect a visit from the delightful lot currently clogging up London at the moment, in Yorkshire during the race :(
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    So, Ellingworth is leaving, pretty shocked about this, thought he was part of the furniture.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    I’m more shocked by his choice of destination.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    Isn’t his main bit the lot he brought through from teenagers to the pro world? Cav, Thomas, Cummings etc.

They’re all about to retire, so he’s gone for the big bucks presumably.