Wife of ISIS fighter wants to return to the UK

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,692
    There's an easy answer to all of this that keeps everyone happy.

52588565_2137713086265575_3237830897898094592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-2.fna&oh=4e6f97f2f130132470c5a849809e5e4e&oe=5CED093D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Imposter wrote:
    Slowbike wrote:
    So we have a 19yo girl (19 is still young) who ran away from home to join what she considered an ideal 4 years prior - in that time she's seen more death and destruction than anyone on here would like to see in their lifetimes.

She's lost 2 children and the 3rd will be at risk.

Let's look at the child first - born to a British Citizen (I believe she was "still" British at the time of the birth) - I assume that means the child is entitled to British Citizenship - the child has a family here in the UK - there is no reason I can see that the child shouldn't be returned. The child should not be deprived purely because of mistakes made by the mother.

As for the girl - knee jerk says "Stay where you are - you're not welcome here" - if you still sympathise with ISIS after everything you've been through then what good will come of you returning to the UK - but then I'm reminded of the Prodigal Son (no I'm not religious, but the law and morality in UK is based on Christianity) - whilst the girl may not be repentant, perhaps thats due to influences outside her control - returning to the UK - or at least returning to the western world where she could be de-radicalised may change that - if there's a small chance of that happening, shouldn't we (as a country) try it?

AFAWK, she's been a housewife - not making bombs or killing others - and whilst just being a housewife is supporting the terrorist regime, you have to look at the circumstances around how that came about - perhaps she's not culpable for getting into the situation she's found herself in.

Finally - think about if it was your child who had become a drug dealer - decided they'd had enough and wanted to stop being a drug dealer, but didn't regret any of it - the only way they could stop would be to move back in your home with you. You have other children in the house too.
    What do you do? Point blank refuse? Or try and facilitate a return whilst minimising the risk to the rest of the household?

To adapt your analogy. Four years ago your daughter met a hippy, told you to FRO and moved into a squat. Now the squat has been bulldozed and the hippy has done one. Your daughter is still dealing drugs, still thinks you are a cvnt but wants to move back into the family home as if the last four years never happened. Oh and the hippy has knocked her up and you will have to pay to bring the baby up.

She's still your daughter, so I'm in for that. The baby is your grandchild. Do you have kids?

And now you lash out accusing me of being infertile. You have until 08:30 to publicly apologise or I am reporting you.

Anyway you strong sperm fascist I have not made up my mind about her but I do like an analogy.

I quite like the idea of Saj d1cking her around on the cheap and if she gets back to the UK without a passport then make life a little more difficult. However she is one of our and trying to send her off to Bangladesh is quite funny. If Saj had a skinful and drove into a mini-bus full of school kids would he advocate deporting himself to Pakistan because that is where his grandparents came from?

not really because he would be done for multiple counts of death by dangerous driving rather than offences under the terrorism act by joining a particularly hideous terrorist organasation whether under the guise of being a housewife or not.

its snooker and fish, innit.

Not sure about fish but hamsters in the pockets acting as goalkeepers would make snooker a televisual feast.

Anyway I like the idea of him deporting himself to gain popularity with the Tory party membership. And your housewife is lacking “just a” unless this one is a housewife

HOUSEWIFE??????? HOUSEWIFE???????? GODDANM MO'******* HOUSEWIFE???????

THATS IT. WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

Right - you have until 09:47 (Zulu) to change all references you have made to "houseperson" and to apologise to 6 random people on here or I'm going to tell Josh because he's just not busy enough as it is.

Phool- you did not specify a public apology so you will have to take my word that I did it privately
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    bugger. you have outwitted us.

I BLAME DA'ESH
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    I think we all need to apologise to ourselves for this thread. We all have until 9.30am tomorrow...
  • Matthewfalle
    i agree. in fact, i will go to bed now and punish myself repeatedly for being a naughty boy.

now, where is my special sock.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Personally I think the UK should take positive action to bring her and the baby home, mainly for the child's sake. In the eyes of the world were damned if we do, damned if we dont, so lets take the compasionate and humanitarian path.

The UK taking any action to bring her back to the UK removes a huge deterrent to others who leave the UK to join these terrorist organisations.

If she returns she is a huge risk to the UK, as someone who radicalises others or a suicide bomber herself. She is going to jail and that is where the former happens most.

I'm disappointed, but not wholly surprised, that there are people on here who are willing to risk the lives of decent UK citizens for this piece of scum!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,692
    I think we have to consider how to stop more impressionable teenagers running away to join IS in the face of a formidable propaganda machine

25DEF7CC00000578-2961578-This_pro_ISIS_Twitter_user_manipulated_a_photograph_of_British_m-m-107_1424440850104.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • imposter2.0
    I'm disappointed, but not wholly surprised, that there are people on here who are willing to risk the lives of decent UK citizens for this piece of scum!

Once again - I must have missed those posts. People like that are clearly dangerous - if you point them out, we can ask them to publicly apologise.

On the upside though - if these people are only risking the lives of 'decent' UK citizens, you ought to be pretty safe...
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Apparently we have out-trumped the anti-christ himself:

The UK should be ashamed of paving the way for Trump's inhumane treatment of Hoda Muthana

Jarvid is now eligible for US citizenship.

Steveo is green with envy.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Imposter wrote:

Once again - I must have missed those posts. People like that are clearly dangerous - if you point them out, we can ask them to publicly apologise.

On the upside though - if these people are only risking the lives of 'decent' UK citizens, you ought to be pretty safe...

Hat.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Imposter wrote:

Oh I am willing to risk the lives of decent UK citizens for this piece of scum. And I think you are being mean to Coopster; he is perfectly decent. Infact, I am hoping that she is brought back home and goes and finds Coopster and radicalises him. It's pretty likely. People are trying to radicalise me all the time and quite successfully I'd like to point out. So you'd all better watch out.

Are there any time slots remaining available this morning for a public apology. I'm free most of the morning but do have a teleconf at 10:30.

Seriously, Javid is a cretinous, irresponsible fool. All he had to do was say "fine, she comes back and gets prosecuted for any crimes against British law" and it would all be done with. But for cheap political point scoring he will drag this thing out to nobodies long term benefit least of all his own. At least that is one thing we should be grateful for. Does nobody in Government have a functioning brain?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Oh I am willing to risk the lives of decent UK citizens for this piece of scum. And I think you are being mean to Coopster; he is perfectly decent. Infact, I am hoping that she is brought back home and goes and finds Coopster and radicalises him. It's pretty likely. People are trying to radicalise me all the time and quite successfully I'd like to point out. So you'd all better watch out.

Are there any time slots remaining available this morning for a public apology. I'm free most of the morning but do have a teleconf at 10:30.

Seriously, Javid is a cretinous, irresponsible fool. All he had to do was say "fine, she comes back and gets prosecuted for any crimes against British law" and it would all be done with. But for cheap political point scoring he will drag this thing out to nobodies long term benefit least of all his own. At least that is one thing we should be grateful for. Does nobody in Government have a functioning brain?

Would you risk your own life or the lives of your children to go into a warzone and find her though?
  • rolf_f
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Would you risk your own life or the lives of your children to go into a warzone and find her though?

Probably not. At the moment I think that it is up to her to get herself back or to an embassy etc. Has she actually asked for consular help in getting out of Syria? It's a separate issue.
  • Matthewfalle
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

if you believed in the cause enough then yes you would.

its just that none of us believe in this cause enough.

#totesobvsinnit

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rolf_f
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

#totesobvsinnit

Doesn't have to be about the belief though - just what the legal duties are of the government in terms of retrieving its citizens from countries with which it has no diplomatic relations. That's the great thing about law - you don't have to get hung up on details such as whether you like the person that needs retrieving - you just follow it.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

#totesobvsinnit

Doesn't have to be about the belief though - just what the legal duties are of the government in terms of retrieving its citizens from countries with which it has no diplomatic relations. That's the great thing about law - you don't have to get hung up on details such as whether you like the person that needs retrieving - you just follow it.

ok so youd risk or sacrifice other people to bring her home (its their job innit.) but you wouldn't risk or sacrifice your own or childrens life to bring her home. It seems there's more than a little hypocricy here.

As it happens i also believe my life is more valuable and worthwhile than hers so we're in agreement about that at least.
  • imposter2.0

ok so youd risk or sacrifice other people to bring her home (its their job innit.) but you wouldn't risk or sacrifice your own or childrens life to bring her home. It seems there's more than a little hypocricy here.

As it happens i also believe my life is more valuable and worthwhile than hers so we're in agreement about that at least.

I don't think anyone's suggested a 'hot extraction' for her - and besides, she is in a refugee camp, not on the front line. There is no consular support where she is, so she would probably have to make her own way to the Turkish border (for instance) before getting any. Let's have no more talk about who would/would not send 'their own kids' in to get her out. It's absurd.
  • rolf_f
    Rolf F wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

#totesobvsinnit

It's not about what I think as I've already said in this thread. I would imagine that if there is a legal requirement for the UK to retrieve Shamima then there are people who have made a decision to undertake a career in which that task is part of their responsibilities and they can therefore go and do it. I'm not responsible for the choices of others (I'm not ordering people to go and fetch her as you seem to imply) and if nobody has a duty to do it then so be it. I wouldn't wish my family to work in the sewers but that doesn't mean I am against sanitation.

And no, I don't agree that your life is more valuable and worthwhile than that of Shamima Begum. I have no particular opinion on that and insufficient information to make the comparison but if she so chooses she may be able to become more of a positive influence than any of those of us whose influence extends no further than posting on BR.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Still not consigned to chip paper.
    All very convenient for HM Gov to deflect media focus from Brexit failings.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

You think this is designed to distract from Brexit?

Seriously? Like seriously seriously?

Pass the tin foil hat.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

Pass the tin foil hat.

Nope. But I bet TM is pleased the spotlight is pointing elsewhere.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,752
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

Pass the tin foil hat.

No, obviously the issue arose more or less inevitably, but it would be naive to think Robbie Gibb, wasn't at least seeing if any advantage could be gained. Corbyn coming out firmly against Javid is perfect for them.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Matthewfalle
    Rolf F wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

#totesobvsinnit

As far as i am aware no one is talking about sending 1 PARA or Hereford or even the coffee lady from Llandudno County Council in to get her.

its all about risk/reward: if she was useful they would look at extraction. In this case - not so much.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

Pass the tin foil hat.

there is no spotlight pointing anywhere else - Brexit is still top of the agenda. Brexit will always be on top of the agenda.

This is just passing news.

TM is still the headliner.

#tinfoilhat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

Pass the tin foil hat.

just had a quick look at the online versions of the guardian, times, observer, telegraph.

bizarrely all their headlines are Brexit related with sub line being that breakaway party.

no mental da'esh bird.

will check red tops now

#hat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    The Scum is leading with some bloke who failed a drug test because of a liaf of Aldi bread.

The Mirror is some burd who beat up her bloke.

#hat

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,752
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Seriously Willis?

Pass the tin foil hat.

just had a quick look at the online versions of the guardian, times, observer, telegraph.

bizarrely all their headlines are Brexit related with sub line being that breakaway party.

no mental da'esh bird.

will check red tops now

#hat

Begum second story after Austin leaving Labour in the Graun. Top story on inews.co.uk. Not mentioned on the Indie homepage.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Matthewfalle
    bbc radio news hasn't got it on top two so far - will keep you updated.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    not top 3 so far.

De Sisti wrote: