Northern Classics

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    i didnt even see sky in there till Owain Doull hit the deck
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    van der Poel looks quite badly injured in that finish.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Alejandrosdog
    van der Poel looks quite badly injured in that finish.
    Bit of a smash up, The northern classics arent just one day racing theyre a climax of an at times brutal build up. Brilliant.
  • blazing_saddles
    The crash in question. Spanish Eurosport, soz.

https://twitter.com/PlataformaRC/status ... 9178886145
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Who’s the rider in yellow who was pretty motionless. Other side of the road to MvDP. He went down really bloody hard face first. That looked awful. God I hate seeing them hit the deck like this.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • blazing_saddles
    Gweeds wrote:
    Who’s the rider in yellow who was pretty motionless. Other side of the road to MvDP. He went down really bloody hard face first. That looked awful. God I hate seeing them hit the deck like this.

Didn't get a mention, but from the yellow kit I think it was ex-BMC man, Floris Gerts.
  • gweeds
    Looked bloody hideous. Surprised me that they didn’t mention it.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Latest on vDP is nothing broken. I do hope everyone has a speedy recovery.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Nasty crash that. The sunweb rider just seemed to lost his chain and slow down (as sure Cervelo will get the blame), the CCC rider deflected off him and all hell broke loose.

CN seems to report that no bones were broken. Fingers crossed that's confirmed.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    Van Der Poel was back on the bike today doing a recce of the Tour of Flanders route.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,341
    Cyclists are just incredible.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gweeds
    Any news on Gerts?
  • blazing_saddles
    Gweeds wrote:
    Any news on Gerts?

“He was bleeding from his ear and had a split left eyebrow. His father, who is a doctor, joined the ambulance. I hope that everything will be fine with Floris, " sports director Peter Bauwens.
  • gweeds
    Hope he’s ok. That was a horrible impact.
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,075
    Gweeds wrote:
    Any news on Gerts?

He's tweeted @FlorisGerts
    After watching the crash, it looks as hard as I thought it must have been when I woke up, I can say that the result is a little concussion and some stitches next to my left eye. Thought to just get in that flow again...
    https://twitter.com/FlorisGerts/status/1108616645331877888
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,341
    Well that is great. He should be back in a moderate time!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • gweeds
    Thanks for the update. That’s a relief.
  • gweeds
    Thanks for the update. That’s a relief.
  • blazing_saddles
    Looks like Eurosport are pushing another hard sell of the player, next Friday, with E 3.
    Although they having nothing live or worthwhile before, they aren't going live until 3pm.
    Which means all bar the last 4 or 5 hellingen and pave will be done and dusted by the time they turn up.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Looks like Eurosport are pushing another hard sell of the player, next Friday, with E 3.
    Although they having nothing live or worthwhile before, they aren't going live until 3pm.
    Which means all bar the last 4 or 5 hellingen and pave will be done and dusted by the time they turn up.

Befriending the IT guy at work and getting him to let me use his vpn is a dream for stuff like this.
  • Alejandrosdog

At least it won’t ruin my productivity :)
  • arnuf
    arnuf Posts: 98
    Joe Totale wrote:
    Van Der Poel was back on the bike today doing a recce of the Tour of Flanders route.

And today he wins GP Denain with a 40k attack.
  • arnuf wrote:
    Joe Totale wrote:

My man Offredo takes a very bad crashed. Just come back from virus # noluck
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,232
    arnuf wrote:
    Joe Totale wrote:

This dude is something special. If not after Flanders, I’m sure he’ll warrant his own thread before long...
  • blazing_saddles
    arnuf wrote:
    Joe Totale wrote:

Eh?
    His team mates thank you for their glowing endorsement. :wink:
    Just a pity that when MvP made the decisive attack on the last cobble section, it looked as if he was getting some serious drafting from the camera bike.
    Very impressive though.
  • blazing_saddles

Befriending the IT guy at work and getting him to let me use his vpn is a dream for stuff like this.

Sporza starts up live at 1-20pmGMT, probably with a bit of chat, but as soon as they hit those hellingen. :wink:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Same goes for DDV.
  • dave milne
    dave milne Posts: 703
    last year's e3 coverage was rubbish. Decisive break (Terpstra) was gone by the time it started
  • blazing_saddles
    Spot the difference.

Friday:
    bredene-koksijde-classic-2019-profile-e1e8ae4a0c.jpg

Wednesday:
    yUwqY7N.png

Welcome to tomorrow's new look, UCI streamlined Driedaagse De Panne.

ffs.
  • blazing_saddles
    We currently have a very interesting De Panne chasse patate: - Gaviria, Haller, Postlberger, Theuns and Van Poppel