LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

Comments

• Some grist for the mill.

Look at that graduate lead

Really interesting to see how the core demographics of the two main parties have changed over the 30+ years I’ve been voting. IMO the desire to leap up the social and class ladder has given the Tories a really solid base for now - as a population we’ve generally become more aspirational. The modern-day equivalent of serfs voting for landowners perhaps!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 73,869
    I would argue it plays into my theory of a redrawing of left-right
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    If your degree is in history and psychology then you should vote for labour as those benefits will come in handy.
  • Ahem - if you’re a Tory voter you’re surely more likely to rely on benefits, referencing the info in the survey!
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    Not by the time those 1998 graduates filter through.
  • Williamson threatens schools with legal action if they move to online learning early due to soaring COVID cases. 5 days later Spaffer announces Tier 4. Williamson cobbles together a phased late return to schools for Jan, issued either (a) after end of term for independents, or (b) right at end of term for state, without pertinent details. Testing plan for schools in Jan seems to involve mass-recruitment of vaccination admin who presumably need to be enhanced DBS checked.

I bang on about the abject failure of Williamson a bit I suppose, but it’s hard to imagine him doing a worse job, particularly around planning. In a commercial organisation he’d have been forced out long ago.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 41,491
    In a Government full of incompetents Williamson's level of incompetency still manages to shine bright.
  • Any adult who does the double thumbs up gesture for any reason at all should be permanently excluded from all roles requiring responsibility.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 59,532

Any adult who does the double thumbs up gesture for any reason at all should be permanently excluded from all roles requiring responsibility.
    There are quite a few...

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • It's such a naff gesture. Although at the least the two above are not as bad as a tourist doing it outside of Auschwitz.
  • Pross said:

In a Government full of incompetents Williamson's level of incompetency still manages to shine bright.

It is interesting to mull over what position he would have in a commercial organisation. It obviously would not be outwardly facing or commercial but I figure if he stuck around long enough he could become a supervisor/team leader in a processing dept.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    "What's got two thumbs and doesn't give a crap?"

Bob Kelso
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

"What's got two thumbs and doesn't give a censored ?"

Bob Kelso

I loved that show.
  • Pross said:

It is interesting to mull over what position he would have in a commercial organisation. It obviously would not be outwardly facing or commercial but I figure if he stuck around long enough he could become a supervisor/team leader in a processing dept.
    Assistant supervisor in the mailroom?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,911

Pross said:

Assistant supervisor in the mailroom?
    No, because he would do xxxx all but bullshite all the time, delivering sweet FA. A bit like now.
  • elbowloh

elbowloh said:

"What's got two thumbs and doesn't give a censored ?"

Bob Kelso

I loved that show.
    If you like podcasts, try Fake Doctors, Real Friends with Zac Braff and Donald Faizon. It's ostensibly a re-watch show, but if you skip the first 10 or so episodes it's just JD and Turk shooting the shit for an hour with guests from the show including all the guest stars and supporting cast. It's really very good.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Seen the thing in the FT, where there is a new dispensation in the covid rules that came in on December 2nd, that any family with a child under one year old can form a support bubble with another family of any size, in any tier?

They are slightly suspicious because there is a notable family with a child under one year old.
  • rick_chasey

Seen the thing in the FT, where there is a new dispensation in the covid rules that came in on December 2nd, that any family with a child under one year old can form a support bubble with another family of any size, in any tier?

They are slightly suspicious because there is a notable family with a child under one year old.

Keep up at the back
  • Seen the thing in the FT, where there is a new dispensation in the covid rules that came in on December 2nd, that any family with a child under one year old can form a support bubble with another family of any size, in any tier?

Keep up at the back
    There's only so much I can absorb. Did I miss this?
  • elbowloh
    I couldn't read the FT thing, as. I'm not a subscriber
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • elbowloh said:

I couldn't read the FT thing, as. I'm not a subscriber

I just click through from Google news and seems to let me read it.

• orraloon
    Erm, Steve Baker MP and Stephen Barclay MP are not the same person. While the both probably are liars being Con jobs, is this a game of Spot the Difference?
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 28,233
    orraloon said:

Erm, Steve Baker MP and Stephen Barclay MP are not the same person. While the both probably are liars being Con jobs, is this a game of Spot the Difference?
    Steve Baker is a couple of places up the list if you view the whole uncropped image.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    Ru ro spaghettio.
  • orraloon
    rjsterry said:

orraloon said:

Steve Baker is a couple of places up the list if you view the whole uncropped image.
    Ah ok. i did wonder if the tw@tterer who sent that out at 1.15am had been on the sauce a little too much... 😉
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 28,233
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • rick_chasey
    https://www.ft.com/content/7c721361-37a4-4a44-9117-6043afee0f6b

Probably the most dovish statement you can get from the OECD.