LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hold the front page!!
    Britain makes world class product and people queue up to buy them. Read all about it!

If the UK is not breaking any international law then fine.

Perhaps you would be happy for the UK to export arms only to countries who promised not to use them.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Hold the front page!!
    Britain makes world class product and people queue up to buy them. Read all about it!

Perhaps you would be happy for the UK to export arms only to countries who promised not to use them.

Arms I am happy with but instruments of torture?
  • Instruments of torture? Jeez! Such a wide range of items could fit that description. Can you please narrow it down? It's just that Sheffield used to be renown for the quality of its stainless steel cutlery once and you can use that for torture too. Car batteries? What exactly is the torture instruments that we're talking about here?

Campaigners bandy about phrases and catchy soundbites such as "instruments of torture" but they're simply pointless without definition. Also dual use is a problem. You'd never import anything if you're strict about dual use. Or is that no importation to dodgy states? Friendly states you can import to even if they're a likely to torture?
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    Getting back to arms, it's inevitable that we arm our enemies e.g. terrorist organisations, whether we intend to or simply don't care.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,478
    Robert88 wrote:
    When you are heading down sh1t creek you can't be picky about your friends.
    I wonder if the 'Losing Mentality Squad' will ever become a proscribed organisation?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    I wonder if the 'Losing Mentality Squad' will ever become a proscribed organisation?

I wonder if that will ever catch on. Kudos for persistence.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Sounds like one of those wanky corporate life coach sayings, or something those vain men on Instagram bellow into their phone cameras.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:

I wonder if that will ever catch on. Kudos for persistence.
    Well the mindset is certainly persisting here.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Not selling item that could be used for torture does not stop states torturing folk. Its simply a way of people in Britain feeling like they have done something good without changing anything.

In one way opposing sales like this is pointless grandstanding.

Also you have to arm your enemies before you fight them it the sporting thing to do.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • Stevo_666
    It's just as well we don't have a panel consisting of the 'moral conscience' of Cake Stop vetting every UK export. That would be a bigger drag on trade than any form of Brexit.
  • ballysmate
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's just as well we don't have a panel consisting of the 'moral conscience' of Cake Stop vetting every UK export. That would be a bigger drag on trade than any form of Brexit.

On the plus side, we would become world leaders in the manufacture and sale of hair shirts. (Subject to a trade deal of course)
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:

How would you (or Ballysmate) know about a moral conscience? Did you google it?

Anyway, my point was an easy one to understand. The UK is a far more effective player in spreading terror than a 15 year old school girl or her older self. Of course it's not personal, just good business as Liam Fox or his friend Adam Werrity would explain.
  • ballysmate
    And world leaders in satellite equipment for all of the virtue signalling.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Hold the front page!!

Arms I am happy with but instruments of torture?

Im not sure we have any company manufacturing turbo trainers?
  • Meanwhile in shock news this morning grandstanders blocked the sale of buckets, towels and water, That'll teach those torturers
  • Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Anyway, my point was an easy one to understand. The UK is a far more effective player in spreading terror than a 15 year old school girl or her older self. Of course it's not personal, just good business as Liam Fox or his friend Adam Werrity would explain.

Are you the arbitrator of morals? only it makes you sound like any other smug knows best liberal "thinker"
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Are you the arbitrator of morals? only it makes you sound like any other smug knows best liberal "thinker"
    Nail. Head.

But to be fair he's hardly the only one on here who has that self-appointed role :)
  • ballysmate
    81O78DC2ZkL._SY606_.jpg
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    The thing about arms is if we did not sell them the french, american, russian, cechz's, chinese.... would and they do. We dont want the french to benefit from our principles do we.

It does not matter if prinicpled western governments stop selling weapons others will and the hard fact is that no body likes is military clout counts in world affairs and arms sales is diplomacy. That how the world works, it works that way because we are human so the those that want the world to be a different way forget it not populated by peace loving hippies (it would be nice if it was). It populated by people and outside the relative calm of the UK the world is a pretty violent place.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • robert88
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nail. Head.

But to be fair he's hardly the only one on here who has that self-appointed role :)

Say what you like about me, but it doesn't change my point:
    The UK is a far more effective player in spreading terror than a 15 year old school girl or her older self. Of course it's not personal, just good business as Liam Fox or his friend Adam Werrity would explain.
  • Stevo_666
    Robert88 wrote:
    Say what you like about me, but it doesn't change my opinion
    FTFY
  • rick_chasey
    Why on earth are the Tory white men who were in discussions with May on the weekend referring to themselves with a KKK name!?!?!?!?!

I mean, come on.
  • tangled_metal
    tangled_metal Posts: 4,021
    Please explain since I for one don't follow KKK name bit. What name did they call themselves? I missed what you are referring to in the news.
  • rick_chasey
    The men who went down to Chequers, IDS, Johnson etc, are referring to themselves as the "grand wizards".

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/11 ... 7485527043

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Wizard
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Oh god, there's another one and it is just as creepy as the original! Remember folks, this is what is going to be leading us in 30 years time. Another JRM clone with a born right to be in charge of the country (and similarly born at the age of 47 by the looks of it). This is the party that Stevo loves.....

11400790-0-image-a-18_1553459908998.jpg

And so it goes on, year by year, decade by decade. And this is what Brexiters prefer over Europe......

DboFFkLX4AAfcEi-674x1024.jpg
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Why on earth are the Tory white men who were in discussions with May on the weekend referring to themselves with a KKK name!?!?!?!?!

I mean, come on.
    It's not clear to me if they chose the nickname or if some wag of a reporter used it. It's rarely the politicians that come up with these labels. And isn't it also a Masonic term?

More dog whistle politics, I think.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,638
    mrfpb wrote:

I mean, come on.
    It's not clear to me if they chose the nickname or if some wag of a reporter used it. It's rarely the politicians that come up with these labels. And isn't it also a Masonic term?

More dog whistle politics, I think.

That's Grand Master (Flash?) not Wizard
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Hip hop was created by Masons?!
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Rolf F wrote:
    Oh god, there's another one and it is just as creepy as the original! Remember folks, this is what is going to be leading us in 30 years time. Another JRM clone with a born right to be in charge of the country (and similarly born at the age of 47 by the looks of it). This is the party that Stevo loves.....

11400790-0-image-a-18_1553459908998.jpg
    JRM certainly deserves whatever abuse he gets.
    Targeting / abusing his kids and publishing their pics though? I would say that's crossing the line. If you think about it, abusing a politician's kids means you are accepting the hereditary principle that what matters is who your Dad is.
  • rick_chasey
    Criticising the kid probablynot, but the unfortunate truth is it absolutely does matter who your parents are in the U.K.