LEAVE the Conservative Party and save your country!

Comments

• Anyone who voted for Boris has been subject to, and influenced by some serious propaganda. Corbyn wasn't a Holocaust-denying terrorist sympathising communist. If you think that, then there is no hope for you.

The Tory party, according to polling and demographics, the party of the old, racist and rich. This is an incontrovertible fact. The second fact is that they are set to govern for some time, due to their support for FPTP and generally hindering the democratic process.

He will probably be the last PM of the United Kingdom. Hopefully. Scotland wants less and less to do with the hatred, corruption, xenophobia and increasingly dictatorial nature of this and the last Conservative governments.

Hopefully, England can come to its senses and break up Murdoch's evil empire, rejoin the EU and maybe make amends with the home nations.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Anyone who voted for Boris has been subject to, and influenced by some serious propaganda. Corbyn wasn't a Holocaust-denying terrorist sympathising communist. If you think that, then there is no hope for you.

The Tory party, according to polling and demographics, the party of the old, racist and rich. This is an incontrovertible fact. The second fact is that they are set to govern for some time, due to their support for FPTP and generally hindering the democratic process.

He will probably be the last PM of the United Kingdom. Hopefully. Scotland wants less and less to do with the hatred, corruption, xenophobia and increasingly dictatorial nature of this and the last Conservative governments.

Hopefully, England can come to its senses and break up Murdoch's evil empire, rejoin the EU and maybe make amends with the home nations.

Please, can we make the satire more interesting? This is too much of a crude agitprop-by-numbers pastiche to look anything like what even a political zealot would write in real life.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288

Anyone who voted for Boris has been subject to, and influenced by some serious propaganda. Corbyn wasn't a Holocaust-denying terrorist sympathising communist. If you think that, then there is no hope for you.

Please, can we make the satire more interesting? This is too much of a crude agitprop-by-numbers pastiche to look anything like what even a political zealot would write in real life.
    Oh I don't know, I think he'll fit in quite well here 😉
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,472

No precedent to suggest anyone will resign for a massive f*ck up.

In that regard we are still well and truly aligned with the EU.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,229
    "Chris Grayling" is trending on twitter. Through all the people making the same comment that they can't believe he wasn't involved in the A-level algorithm.
  • No precedent to suggest anyone will resign for a massive f*ck up.

sets too dangerous a precedent

and he could probably take them to a tribunal for unfair dismissal based upon their tolerance of incompetence and all round idiocy
  • Stevo_666 said:

obsessed?
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

obsessed?
    No, I meant aligned.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

obsessed?
    No, I meant aligned.
    you are aligned with the EU?
  • kingstongraham
    I must say, it is very on brand this year to come to the right decision after things are already screwed up. Any defence of this one, Stevo?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    As pointed out elsewhere - if the govt regularly goes back on “red lines” it’s hard to take other “red lines” seriously.
  • I must say, it is very on brand this year to come to the right decision after things are already screwed up. Any defence of this one, Stevo?

it shows that the party listens and adjusts it's position accordingly.

It is too early to judge and we must wait several years (decades?) to assess the impact, though as there is no parallel world running the original grades then it will remain hypothetical.
  • rick_chasey
    edited August 2020
    So far the only legislation I have seen passed in parliament which has been well received have been things suggested by the labour party...

BUT ISN'T IT GREAT THE TORIES WON AN 80 SEAT MAJORITY IM GLAD THEY ARE MAKING THE MOST OF IT HAHA LOSER LABOUR LOSER LIB DEMS LOOK AT US ISNT IT GREAT WHO CARES WHAT THE POLICIES ARE I DONT I JUST WANT TO WIND PEOPLE UP HAHA BANTER
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    It would be quite refreshing if one day, just once, Stevo would just say "Fair point", and not "But Corbyn..." or "But the EU..."
  • Stevo_666

I must say, it is very on brand this year to come to the right decision after things are already screwed up. Any defence of this one, Stevo?

Not sure what you mean? Is this something about hindsight being wonderful?
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2020

So far the only legislation I have seen passed in parliament which has been well received have been things suggested by the labour party...

BUT ISN'T IT GREAT THE TORIES WON AN 80 SEAT MAJORITY IM GLAD THEY ARE MAKING THE MOST OF IT HAHA LOSER LABOUR LOSER LIB DEMS LOOK AT US ISNT IT GREAT WHO CARES WHAT THE POLICIES ARE I DONT I JUST WANT TO WIND PEOPLE UP HAHA BANTER

Recognising that you are a loser (in political terms at least) is an important step. Next step is to understand why.
  • Stevo_666

Stevo_666 said:

Stevo_666 said:

obsessed?
    No, I meant aligned.
    you are aligned with the EU?
    You understood my point first time. Good try, now stop wasting my time.
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

Recognising that you are a loser (in political terms at least) is an important step. Next step is to understand why.
    The Tories are losing rather a lot in political terms at the moment, as commented on by Jeremy Warner, even if they have an 80-seat majority at the moment. It would indeed be useful for them, and the country, to understand why.
  • kingstongraham
    Stevo_666 said:

Not sure what you mean? Is this something about hindsight being wonderful?
    No, you always try to see the bright side of whatever the conservative government has done, wondered how you thought this had gone.
  • kingstongraham
    edited August 2020
    There's always, always a few...

On in every 16 people thinking "played a blinder there, Gav."
  • rick_chasey
    edited August 2020
    The problem with this is every failure erodes a bit more faith in the value of democracy. Everyone expects gov'ts to get it wrong some of the time but not to this degree.

If it can't produce competent government...
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,747

The problem with this is every failure erodes a bit more faith in the value of democracy. Everyone expects gov'ts to get it wrong some of the time but not to this degree.

If it can't produce competent government...

There would be a vote of no confidence in place.
    If anyone had a hope that they'd be able to do better. Says a lot. 😢
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    The exam debacle mirrors the corona debacle.

This from the FT is quite good.

The affair was the political equivalent of a low doorway — being the first to hit it was embarrassing; being the second was inexcusable. Scotland’s government inflicted similar unfairness on its school-leavers, before first minister Nicola Sturgeon reversed course. Results in England came out nine days after Scotland’s. As with coronavirus itself, the UK’s extra preparation time was wasted

• pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,314
    Stevo_666 said:

Recognise and learn from your mistakes would be a fairly open goal normally.

But you're saying it whilst refusing to recognise the enormous mistakes your party are making. Undermines it somewhat.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Stevo_666
    pangolin said:

Stevo_666 said:

Recognise and learn from your mistakes would be a fairly open goal normally.

But you're saying it whilst refusing to recognise the enormous mistakes your party are making. Undermines it somewhat.
    Maybe that should be aimed at Rick, good point.
  • briantrumpet
    I missed "Yebbut Rick". Sorry.
  • Stevo_666

What's up Brian, not enjoying the thought of quarantine and feel like having a go?
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo_666 said:

What's up Brian, not enjoying the thought of quarantine and feel like having a go?
    Not too bothered about quarantine,especially as I'm having a fantastic time here in the French sun. But debate is tiresome when the stock response is deflection. Which you've just done again.
  • Stevo_666
    edited August 2020

Stevo_666 said:

Not too bothered about quarantine,especially as I'm having a fantastic time here in the French sun. But debate is tiresome when the stock response is deflection. Which you've just done again.
    Some call it debate, others might call it a half arsed attempt at interrogation. I can tell the difference and react accordingly. Maybe you should learn to tell the difference as well.