The cooking thread and what are you having for dinner tonight beansnikpoh?

1515253545557»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,367

There's fine schools in Wimbledon?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694

Some are underground, some are overground, usually free...

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,557
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • I went to a fairly standard comprehensive school but over the first five years up to GCSE, we had around 15 kids expelled from my year group. This always struck me as a fairly high number, much higher than average for a single year group?

• pinno

Last nights concoction:

[Serves 8]

Roasted tomato and pepper sauce (for pasta).

Take 3 good sized red bell peppers chopped into large chunks.

6 - 8 shallots halved

3 whole cloves of garlic (peeled)

Toss in a little olive oil, Thyme and Oregano, season well.

Roast in a suitably sized gratin dish for 35-40 mins (until slightly charred)

Add 500g passata, place back in the oven and roast for another 20-25mins.

Remove from the oven and blend for a very short period (I did this in 2 batches). Do not puree, keep the texture but do not blitz.

Toss into pasta (about a serving spoon per person) of your choosing. Handy for pulling out of the freezer when in a hurry. Better than the usual Pesto which gets a little tedious after 30+ years.

We had Fusilli with a side salad including: Finely sliced red pepper, iceberg, Bistro salad with chard, spring onions, mayo and a small amount of crumbled stilton.

• beansnikpoh
    beansnikpoh Posts: 1,533

I did a very similar batch for the freezer a month or so ago for that very purpose. Don't tell mini about the peppers. She thinks it's just tomato.

• pinno

Clever move.

Shorty can be quite fussy though she's eaten plenty of food with the very stuff in it that she claims she doesn't like.

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420

Shin of beef and bean stew. Dried beans soaked overnight, cooking in a nice stock for 45 mins before adding to the beef with a few sausages thrown in. Cooked for hours 🤞

Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי