Paris - Nice 2018 SPOILERS

Comments

• Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    yates been working on his TT. make a note.

Not watching it but is this not a TT route that would flatter him??

Definitely but its not silly steep
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    yates been working on his TT. make a note.

Not watching it but is this not a TT route that would flatter him??
    It's not exactly a stellar TT field either. The top ten is filled with people you'd call a climber before a time triallist
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,154
    Glad everyone's enjoying PN with LLS in yellow whilst they whine about Wiggins.

Bizarre.

Unfortunately not all of us can watch live cycling in work, I just clicked on here to find out what was happening. The level of spoiler threads has dropped recently though, I regularly have to look elsewhere to find out the actual finish order after reading a few cryptic comments on spoiler threads.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    Pross wrote:
    Glad everyone's enjoying PN with LLS in yellow whilst they whine about Wiggins.

Bizarre.

Unfortunately not all of us can watch live cycling in work, I just clicked on here to find out what was happening. The level of spoiler threads has dropped recently though, I regularly have to look elsewhere to find out the actual finish order after reading a few cryptic comments on spoiler threads.

Will try my best to help you out tomorrow with mostly evidence based updates: but I reserve the right for the occasional snide comment.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    Game on again as LLS cedes part of his lead to a handful of contenders.
    Sky have stacked the deck making Poels the most likely beneficiary.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    It's their second man on GC that you have to watch for. See Bernal in Colombia and Kwiatkowski in the Algarve
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    RichN95 wrote:
    It's their second man on GC that you have to watch for. See Bernal in Colombia and Kwiatkowski in the Algarve
    Sky have all the cards, with two men up there on GC they should be able to work over LLS
  • RichN95.
    sherer wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Sky have all the cards, with two men up there on GC they should be able to work over LLS
    I think they'd like to get De La Cruz in the break on the final stage to make Astana work hard.
  • ocdupalais
    Politt and Cousin @ 30 secs with 2.4km to go
  • ocdupalais
    Cousin d!cking about... Politt attacks
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,790
    class wheel sucking
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ocdupalais
    Cousin wins Politt 2nd
  • mididoctors
    2 days in a row that worked
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • ocdupalais
    Greipel wins bunch sprint for 3rd
  • mididoctors
    griepel is good at those grippy final 20km parcors in stage racing.. that excellent sage he won..cant remember where... long draggy finish

the one where the metal bollard poleaxed a couple of riders
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Cousin on French TV

‘I played with his balls’
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • 2 days in a row that worked

not literally though

Direct Energie are taking the p out the WT teams

My man Calmejane poised nicely to show a bit of FLAIR

and all on red Wilier's - what's not to love?
    714324297_670.jpg
  • mididoctors
    power to them..it worked didn't it?
  • ContrelaMontre
    ContrelaMontre Posts: 3,027
    I pretty much called it in PTP today... Just the wrong DE rider :roll:

Rule No.10 // It never gets easier, you just go faster
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    I pretty much called it in PTP today... Just the wrong DE rider :roll:
    Yeah good call! Hat!
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,703
    Jerome Cousin played an extreme game of chicken, there.
    Against a more experienced rider, his gamble would undoubtedly ended with a win for Greipel.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Sisteron to Vence - what a lovely way to spend a day!

stage-6-route.gifstage-6-profile.jpg?01

Lilian - c'est l'heure

240px-Denain_-_Grand_Prix_de_Denain%2C_13_avril_2017_%28B107%29.JPG

Hotel Cantermerle Vence

hotelspastpaulvence11_0.jpg
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,448
    BMC's Dylan Teuns was in the 13 man break that got away early on - he's only a minute down on GC, so his fellow escapees have somehow convinced him to sit up to give them a better chance of staying away and contesting the win.

It's a real shame that discussions like that can't be captured by TV coverage, it'd be fascinating to hear I think.
  • OOH me mate has a house just down the mountain from Col de Vence. Lovely.
  • RichN95.
    andyp wrote:
    It's a real shame that discussions like that can't be captured by TV coverage, it'd be fascinating to hear I think.
    "F*** off Teuns" is probably the gist of them. I don't image there's much nuanced debate and negotiation.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    andyp wrote:
    BMC's Dylan Teuns was in the 13 man break that got away early on - he's only a minute down on GC, so his fellow escapees have somehow convinced him to sit up to give them a better chance of staying away and contesting the win.

Yeah there's so much goes on that I wish we could get to see. Watching the huge breaks go in the tour is great, glad they show the whole stages now
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Demare and Kristoff in the break, interesting!
  • ShutupJens wrote:
    Demare and Kristoff in the break, interesting!

Demare 45 secs back - dropped or riding up? (with Bak) Nice punchy break group Kristof fis in it an so is Politt - his DS has obviously told him to go out and do it properly this time! :?
  • Col Bas

Blinkin heck Dimension Data are in this race :)

DX2ee4CWkAENwm0.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,645
    ^^good to see Gesink back in the peloton.