S*** small race thread 2018

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    ShutupJens wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Well done to Adam Blythe for getting more publicity from his dodgy bike change from his bike that would have got him 7th place to a bike that would have got him 6th.

In what context, is there a youtube clip? Interested to see how their whole single ring experiment is likely to play out
    That was weird. More due to discs and some strange rules. It should come up again since it's the only race I know of where the team cars roof racks can't carry full bikes (front wheel out).
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Cavendish having a nightmare in the desert, crash and abandon in the neutral zone of stage 1
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    Listened the Rick Delaney 'rant' on the cycling podcast yesterday. You do wonder whether AquaBlue haven't had many invites to the big races this year because of their equipment choices...
  • dish_dash
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Cavendish having a nightmare in the desert, crash and abandon in the neutral zone of stage 1

Dang... apparently fallen on the 2017 TdF crash shoulder.
    The crash appears to have been sparked by the race director's car slowing in front of the peloton. Riders hit their brakes and several went down.
  • ShutupJens
    Can someone please elaborate on the Blythe/ Aquablue thing? Was that in Abu Dhabi?
  • ShutupJens
    Ah found it, for anyone else who's clueless

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blythe- ... ke-change/
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Ah found it, for anyone else who's clueless

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/blythe- ... ke-change/
    That rule is stupid.

I assume it is to stop people waiting up the road with spare bikes in normal races??
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,387
    Does the rule mean they can put the front wheel on, but then have to have someone sat on the car with the bike off the ground until the rider arrives, and then the wheels can touch the ground?
    It doesn't exactly seem like Blythe gained any advantage.
  • ShutupJens
    So it is too early then to talk about how fast Viviani is looking this year? 5 wins already, convincing win today

Another conclusion to draw far too early; is Kittel finished?
  • ShutupJens wrote:
    So it is too early then to talk about how fast Viviani is looking this year? 5 wins already, convincing win today

Another conclusion to draw far too early; is Kittel finished?

Amazing what you can do with a leadout train!

(That point in reverse for Kittel)
  • ShutupJens
    Yes good point, the only big sprint win by someone flying solo I think so far has been Kristoffs
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Is Kittel’s head done in again?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dish_dash
    Gweeds wrote:
    Is Kittel’s head done in again?

Yep, he's back on the Alpecin... didn't go well for him last time.
  • dish_dash
    Kittel nearly wins at some desert race, pipped at the line by Sunweb's Bauhaus :D
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Kittel nearly wins at some desert race, pipped at the line by Sunweb's Bauhaus :D

Hell of a sprint to get there, he started about 15 wheels back!
  • ShutupJens
    ?type=3&theater

Fair old finish that
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ShutupJens wrote:
    Very close between seven or eight. There's clearly a lot of sprinting talent around. I hope organisers give them equitable finishes to battle it out.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • top 3
    German. German. German
  • Ardeche : Bardet has a warm up. Not abad front group

5:37:13 that was a long race for Feb !

BARDET Romain
    SCHACHMANN Maximilian
    CALMEJANE Lilian
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Dumoulin had mechanical issues 2 days in a row in Abu Dhabi... Tough luck.

Valverde, wtf. Man's a machine.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    Dumoulin had mechanical issues 2 days in a row in Abu Dhabi... Tough luck.

Valverde, wtf. Man's a machine.

Not sure which was the more impressive: the way in which Piti flew across the gap to Lopez, or the massive dummy spit from Giro Tom.

I'm watching the Drome Classic live.
    Impressed that L'Equipe have managed to coax the old F2/3 "Arts and history" Tour commentator out of retirement.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Drome : Calmejane ,Navarez , Jungels

Another 5 hour 16 mins

That's a good quality 11 hours of racing for a lot of riders who rode at Ardeche yesterday
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,701
    Also being shown live here, today from 2-30pmCET. (1-30pmGMT)

41st GP Industria & Artigianato (1.HC)

http://www.pmgsport.it/video/diretta-st ... tigianato/
  • blazing_saddles
    Chris Lawless takes the final stage win of Coppi e Bartali and Diego Rosa the GC, for Sky.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,447
    There's an ITT tomorrow, no?
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Volta Limburg Classic on Saturday:

https://www.voltalimburgclassic.nl/?language=en

A great race on the always rising, always falling roads of Limburg, NL and over the border into Belgium. Fantastic access to the start and the race itself at multiple locations. Narrow, muddy lanes, twists and turns, street furniture, the odd random car on the course. A tough race, especially when the weather is bad.

A good line-up, with Lars Boom making a return to racing after his heart problems. Usually televised on L1 Television (https://l1.nl/).

Happy days!

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • blazing_saddles
    pottssteve wrote:
    Volta Limburg Classic on Saturday:

https://www.voltalimburgclassic.nl/?language=en

A great race on the always rising, always falling roads of Limburg, NL and over the border into Belgium. Fantastic access to the start and the race itself at multiple locations. Narrow, muddy lanes, twists and turns, street furniture, the odd random car on the course. A tough race, especially when the weather is bad.

A good line-up, with Lars Boom making a return to racing after his heart problems. Usually televised on L1 Television (https://l1.nl/).

Happy days!

Steve

I never miss it, but this year I might have to forgo the tv for the net, because of the Champion's Cup rugby.
    11:00
    Volta Limburg Classic - Live

De Volta Limburg Classic met zo'n 200 kilometer door het Limburgse heuvelland.
    12:20
    Volta Limburg Classic - Live

12:45

13:45
    Volta Limburg Classic

14:30
    L1SPRT - voorbeschouwing Volta Limburg C

14:45
    Volta Limburg Classic - de koers live

17:30

I think that constitutes live coverage!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    I'll third that...

I did the sportive a couple of years ago, 16 designated climbs in 100 miles, a number of them on the Amstel Gold route.
    Half man, Half bike
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Ridgerider wrote:
    I'll third that...

I did the sportive a couple of years ago, 16 designated climbs in 100 miles, a number of them on the Amstel Gold route.

I did it a couple of times, one of them in the pouring rain - a tough few hours, that was. Having a fat backside didn't help with all those nasty little climbs, I can tell you!
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs