Froome Vuelta salbutamol problem

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    RichN95 wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Will we see protest banners or people hanging over railings and shouting abuse.
    Probably. But away from the media area I think it will no different than usual.
    people throwing wee-wee at him because they sre tired of another doper, the same as they did last year.

FTFY
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    redvision wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    yep absolutely, as do I, but it will as weve discussed somewhere in these 93+ pages of pure speculation Im sure, not amount to the stated adverse finding levels. Its question 1 of your yearly asthma NHS check, how often do you use your inhaler, if you answer I take it multiple times and have frequent asthma attacks, they dont say well carry on using your salbutamol inhaler because thats clearly working well for you.

Indeed. But likewise if you have an attack which makes you take your salbutamol inhaler numerous times in quick succession, they will say seek urgent medical assistance. Following which you will be told not to exercise for the following days, until completely clear of symptoms.

As i keep saying, if he required his inhaler so much it is medical neglect by the team and team doctor to allow him to continue racing.

out of interest, the official line is that it was all inhaler based, so if he did smack back the blue one it will be on camera.

or did they miss this?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I'd laugh my arse off if he did a switcheroo tomorrow and turned up at the Tour of the Algarve instead
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    RichN95 wrote:
    I'd laugh my ars* off if he did a switcheroo tomorrow and turned up at the Tour of the Algarve instead

Ya don't wanna be over complicating the ol' whereabouts like that.....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • redvision wrote:
    awavey wrote:
    yep absolutely, as do I, but it will as weve discussed somewhere in these 93+ pages of pure speculation Im sure, not amount to the stated adverse finding levels. Its question 1 of your yearly asthma NHS check, how often do you use your inhaler, if you answer I take it multiple times and have frequent asthma attacks, they dont say well carry on using your salbutamol inhaler because thats clearly working well for you.

Indeed. But likewise if you have an attack which makes you take your salbutamol inhaler numerous times in quick succession, they will say seek urgent medical assistance. Following which you will be told not to exercise for the following days, until completely clear of symptoms.

As i keep saying, if he required his inhaler so much it is medical neglect by the team and team doctor to allow him to continue racing.

out of interest, the official line is that it was all inhaler based, so if he did smack back the blue one it will be on camera.

or did they miss this?

Considering so many of the peloton are asthmatics have any of us ever seen any of them puffing away?
  • tailwindhome
    redvision wrote:
    awavey wrote:

or did they miss this?

Considering so many of the peloton are asthmatics have any of us ever seen any of them puffing away?

There's a Greenedge (or whatever they were called at the time) video which includes a rider coming back to the team car for a teammates puffer, dropping it, then trying to get one from another team

There was also a whole twitter Froome using a puffer screen shot thing.
    Though I believe he was caught on camera deliberately to set up a later excuse for salbutmol usage
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • redvision wrote:
    awavey wrote:

or did they miss this?

There's a Greenedge (or whatever they were called at the time) video which includes a rider coming back to the team car for a teammates puffer, dropping it, then trying to get one from another team

There was also a whole twitter Froome using a puffer screen shot thing.
    Though I believe he was caught on camera deliberately to set up a later excuse for salbutmol usage

Yeah, that was for No Neck Gerrans
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

Keep up RR2! We done this in the Lampre thread bump. Your predecessor Richmond Racer even makes an appearance...

Yer wat?

Oh. My bad.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Froome comes out of his cocoon (according to L'equipe).

c52f8.jpg
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    inseine wrote:
    Froome comes out of his cocoon (according to L'equipe).

latest?cb=20130219043321
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    FROOME TOP UP ON THE BBC

HAHAHAH heres the interview.
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/43060102

He seems to indicate that some people have no idea what they're talking about. Rich95
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    A cocky statement from DB - "“I 100 per cent know that he’s done nothing wrong here and despite the pressure, we need to stand up for the right process, which is why we’re here racing,” he said."

I think Froome has the right language - about process, fairness.

DB is going a step further and really puts his reputation on the line if the finding isn't 100% in line with that statement.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • Vino'sGhost
    larkim wrote:
    A cocky statement from DB - "“I 100 per cent know that he’s done nothing wrong here and despite the pressure, we need to stand up for the right process, which is why we’re here racing,” he said."

DB is going a step further and really puts his reputation on the line if the finding isn't 100% in line with that statement.

very nice larkim. He even paints froome and sky as victims or if you want to be more positive that theyre some kind of crusaders for justice. This just gets better and better.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    larkim wrote:

One thing few will dispute is that Froome is much better at PR than Brailsford.

Froome seemed confident that they have a proper defence rather than one they've googled.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    I thought Dave Brailsford spoke well, and didn't come across as being cocky in that interview with Aladair Fotheringham on CN. He was clear about the issue, spoke about fair process, and gave a good insight to what is going on.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsf ... at-may-be/
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313

In the comments:
    David Walsh 17 minutes ago
    With lungs like Froome's, if the rule is 16 puffs, I am not surprised he managed to get double the amount into his system.
    Alan Carter just now
    @David Walsh it is a measured dose, you do not suck it in. That would be bad for someone who cannot breathe properly
  • Vino'sGhost
    OCDuPalais wrote:

In the comments:
    With lungs like Froome's, if the rule is 16 puffs, I am not surprised he managed to get double the amount into his system.
    Alan Carter just now
    @David Walsh it is a measured dose, you do not suck it in. That would be bad for someone who cannot breathe properly

HAHAHAH Excellent. its the gift that keeps on giving
  • larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,485
    larkim wrote:

very nice larkim. He even paints froome and sky as victims or if you want to be more positive that theyre some kind of crusaders for justice. This just gets better and better.
    He is right of course - the process has not been followed properly, and that is almost certainly because it is Sky / Froome.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • larkim wrote:

Yeah, well, the stable door lost its lock some time ago and the horse is currently heading across the Steppes I'm afraid
  • tailwindhome
    larkim wrote:

Yeah, well, the stable door lost its lock some time ago and the horse is currently heading across the Steppes I'm afraid

Horse pictures. That's what this thread needs.
  • tailwindhome
    OCDuPalais wrote:

In the comments:
    Alan Carter just now

Missed the theory up thread that Sky were just better at breathing it in that everyone else
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

In the comments:
    Alan Carter just now

Missed the theory up thread that Sky were just better at breathing it in that everyone else

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind
  • redvision wrote:
    awavey wrote:

or did they miss this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKZsa4Fs_lo
  • indyp
    indyp Posts: 735
    'Omerta is alive and well in the peloton' - this written by a 'mod' in the comments section on CN about CF first stage today. I can't believe my eyes at times

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-f ... sol-stage/
  • Matthewfalle
    indyP wrote:
    'Omerta is alive and well in the peloton' - this written by a 'mod' in the comments section on CN about CF first stage today. I can't believe my eyes at times

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/chris-f ... sol-stage/

nowt wrong with anything on there - cross section of opinion, same as on here.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    larkim wrote:

Something else comes to mind...
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3GRSbr0EYYU
  • Vino'sGhost
    It’s gone very quiet from the Froome supporters club
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    larkim wrote:

Horse pictures. That's what this thread needs.
    A horse kept in a stable over winter is hard to bring back with spring air in its nose.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023