JiffyGate....No Charges!!

vinnymarsden
vinnymarsden Posts: 560
edited July 2018 in Pro race
Well...Theres a surprise...NOT..did anyone ever really anticipate there would or even should?
There was never any proof of anything, loads of hyperbole, and muck raking and reputation smearing, but no HARD FACTUAL evidence.

That Quango run by Damian Collins will have to shift the spotlight onto something else now...oh I know...maybe Wiggins and Froome had motors in their bikes..that will keep them in beer token for another 3 or 4 years!!

We really do see our taxes put to effective use don't we!
Th enquiry into "JiffyGate" must have cost a fortune, it never had any real chance of finding out the definitive "truth" of what went off, and now we, the public shoulder the cost, for something that 99.9% of us care very little about.

Show me a sport or business that doesn't push the barriers of what is allowed and that sport/business will more than likely be a failing one, sad but true.

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    They had to investigate it properly. The probability was that they wouldn't be able to find out, but they have to follow due process.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    LOLOLOL what a farce,

i for one now think theres a cover up. My personal view is hes probably cheated his way through his career.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    It's a good day to see butt hurt journos whining on twitter...

Can't help but :lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Can we draw a line under this now? The conspiracy theorists will continue to disagree but nothing has been found, proven or any tests failed. If you want to continue down the ‘neither was LA’ route to justify your argument then you may as well stop watching cycling or any sport for the rest of your days.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    don't forget the CMS enquiry shut down over the election and then post election there was no point raising Damien's profile so why bother. Am I right that they never actually interviewed Wiggins over it ?

Maybe they will move onto doping in football ?
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    I wonder if our high quality tabloid journalists will continue the pursuit of evidence... nah I think they'll find someone else to tarnish without offering any evidence and only encouraging, not making, direct accusations.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gsk82 wrote:
    I wonder if our high quality tabloid journalists will continue the pursuit of evidence... nah I think they'll find someone else to tarnish without offering any evidence and only encouraging, not making, direct accusations.

Well for the next 12 months we have the ashes and World Cup to distract them. I’m sure they will spill plenty of vitriol over them two events alone
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    lol Dr will you give evidence?

No I'm poorly

Oh dear we have no evidence.

So its good to know that thousands of pounds and much admin time is involved in getting something that could be easily obtained over the counter in the place where it was needed. Nothing to see here. BAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604
    I know he twists and turns like a twisty turny thing, but Wiggo did state at one point that he would be having his say when the investigation was complete. It'll be interesting to see what comes ...
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    CarbonClem wrote:
    I know he twists and turns like a twisty turny thing, but Wiggo did state at one point that he would be having his say when the investigation was complete. It'll be interesting to see what comes ...

I'm anticipating an instagram post with him flickin' vs at a copy of the Daily Mail personally
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    sherer wrote:
    don't forget the CMS enquiry shut down over the election and then post election there was no point raising Damien's profile so why bother. Am I right that they never actually interviewed Wiggins over it ?
    No. The only male cyclist they have interviewed in this whole investigation into doping in sport is a middle aged printer salesman who had to take EPO to get to Cat 3.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:
    No. The only male cyclist they have interviewed in this whole investigation into doping in sport is a middle aged printer salesman who had to take EPO to get to Cat 3.

that's like declaring someone not guilty at a trial but not even having them present.

Seems it was more for political gain then and not to actually investigate the facts.
  • sherer wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

that's like declaring someone not guilty at a trial but not even having them present.

Which routinely happens anyway.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Sir Bradley Wiggins: No charges over 'mystery' package - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/41996027

See Roan manages a little snipe at the end there.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    sherer wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Seems it was more for political gain then and not to actually investigate the facts.
    You don't say...
  • Confirms that being cynical about tabloid journalists is a far more enlightened stance than being cynical about doping.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,194
    ddraver wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

I'm anticipating an instagram post with him flickin' vs at a copy of the Daily Mail personally

https://twitter.com/SirWiggo/status/930810897005797378
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,604
    r0bh wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

https://twitter.com/SirWiggo/status/930810897005797378

Less exciting than I expected. Blames the team, which is expected.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • salsiccia1
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Sir Bradley Wiggins: No charges over 'mystery' package - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/41996027

See Roan manages a little snipe at the end there.

Can only be expected from him. He's had the hatchet out for BC and Sky for ages. Probably fell out with someone when he worked at Sky many moons ago, which is how he ended up at Setanta. And that went well.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Wiggins claims his life has been "a living hell" during investigations.
    Wiggins you tw4t I'll tell you what a living hell is. Being a refugee in a war torn country, being subjected to ethnic cleansing, being diagnosed with an incurable disease or condition. Those are examples of a living hell. Its NOT being investigated because you may or may not have doped and cheated your way to victory for which you earnt alot of money. Dick.

Rant over.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • salsiccia1
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Wiggins you tw4t I'll tell you what a living hell is. Being a refugee in a war torn country, being subjected to ethnic cleansing, being diagnosed with an incurable disease or condition. Those are examples of a living hell. Its NOT being investigated because you may or may not have doped and cheated your way to victory for which you earnt alot of money. Dick.

Rant over.

Easy, mate. It's not good for your health.

Everything is relative.
  • RichN95.
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Not good for your health? I'll tell you what's not good for you health - clearing asbestos from abandoned landmine factory in Chernobyl with only a diet of uncooked chicken and tequilla
  • RichN95 wrote:
    sherer wrote:

Correct.
  • Mr Goo wrote:

Rant over.

U ok hon?
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Scandal would have been better had there actually been an allegation.
    2/10
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    Scandal would have been better had there actually been an allegation.
    2/10
    If UKAD wanted to find out that Sky (like any team) can be a bit disorganised at times - particularly in the early days - they could have just read Richard Moore's book about it and saved everyone the bother.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Not good for your health? I'll tell you what's not good for you health - clearing asbestos from abandoned landmine factory in Chernobyl with only a diet of uncooked chicken and tequilla

So long as it's not Chlorinated Chicken.....
  • Scandal would have been better had there actually been an allegation.
    2/10

2/10

Would not watch series 2
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    Roan is an embarrassment. I listened to him on the radio, BC's new CEOs appeasement campaign in apologising for having not done anything wrong seemed to go down well with him but he was surprised that Sky took a robust stance of not having done anything wrong when UKAD have found no wrong doing. He then went on to say that Wiggins will be remembered as the first British Tour winner and most decorated Olympian but that this will have cast a cloud over him before regurgitating how he had gained an exemption to use performance enhancing drugs for a hitherto unstated health issue. Absolutely no mention that there are processes allowing that which were followed and that, irrespective of personal views on whether it is ethical, he broke no anti-doping rules. It was almost like he had backed a non-story for his chance of Pulizter glory and it had come crashing down around him.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,582
    Mr Goo wrote:

Rant over.

Have you ever lived with gutter journos hanging around your house harassing you and your family and constantly having people belittling everything you have worked hard to achieve on the basis of no evidence?

The media hound people on the basis of 'news' they create and fertilise themselves and as we've seen recently with a politician it can become too much to take. Maybe we should all camp outside your house asking questions based on views you've expressed in Cake Stop in the past and maybe you'll understand.