2018 Gear

Comments

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Colnago paint jobs are just marvelous! Could use a few more Art Decor versions. Love the blue one though.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    dish_dash wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Much as I love Campag... eTap is the future.
    Shame...I am off to Vicenza tomorrow, so I won't bother to pick anything up for you if I pass the factory!

Show off!!!

I would recommend a wonderful cheap lunch spot I went to on honeymoon, but they had cameras in because, after 150 years, it was about to shut down.

39258708055_7d8a5cf421_z.jpg
    "Keep going driver...I have it all and Dish is after etap now..."

:D:D:D pursued by a skoda...

I felt justified in my statement when my local bike shop informed me that Campag have upped their prices by 20% recently, then they told me how much etap costs! :shock:
    For clarification, we were in a range rover hybrid campagnolo slowing down for the photo opportunity...the Skoda yeti etap was struggling to keep up!
    Half man, Half bike
  • m.r.m.
    That Skoda probably drafted illegally.
  • New colour

DVsjVfJXUAAWOzv?format=jpg&name=medium
  • New colour

looks like a ribble
  • New colour

looks like a ribble

It matches my proteam kit though!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    New colour

A few years ago, Cervelo were really pushing the boundaries. Now they're producing stuff like this.

Talk about vanilla!

#sadface
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Ben6899 wrote:
    New colour

A few years ago, Cervelo were really pushing the boundaries. Now they're producing stuff like this.

Talk about vanilla!

#sadface

Gerard Vroomen left and put his creative energy into 3T.
  • inseine
    looks like a Boardman to me.

2018_Pinarello-Dogma-F10_gradient-fade-carbon-road-race-bikes_Ambra-front.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I think it looks quite smart. Is it me (@ inseine) or are manufacturers repeatedly shortening wheel bases?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    That's a really nice colour scheme.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    Has a bit of this about it

8738-BI_Boardman_AIR_Signature_Aero_Triathlon_Bike_Drive_Side.jpg
  • inseine
    Pinno wrote:
    I think it looks quite smart. Is it me (@ inseine) or are manufacturers repeatedly shortening wheel bases?

I don't know, but i quite like what they're doing with gravel bikes to shorten the wheelbases within the challenges of wide tyres (dropped chainstays). I've got the same challenges with Bosch electric motors :shock:
  • pinno
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I don't know, but i quite like what they're doing with gravel bikes to shorten the wheelbases within the challenges of wide tyres (dropped chainstays). I've got the same challenges with Bosch electric motors :shock:

Are you party to electric doping?!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    inseine wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    New colour

Talk about vanilla!

#sadface

Gerard Vroomen left and put his creative energy into 3T.

Yeh it shows.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • inseine
    Pinno wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

ssssh

The serious point is that, whatever people might personally want, electric bikes are going to be huge and in some countries already are.
  • inseine wrote:
    looks like a Boardman to me.

2018_Pinarello-Dogma-F10_gradient-fade-carbon-road-race-bikes_Ambra-front.jpg

Are there some new handlebar tape rules I don't know about?
    I like it
  • inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

ssssh

The serious point is that, whatever people might personally want, electric bikes are going to be huge and in some countries already are.

James Huang tweeted only yesterday, some industry projections are that 70% of mountain bike sales in 2018 will be eBikes... 70%!
  • pinno
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

ssssh

Well, I know a couple who go out pedalling quite often (mid 50's perhaps). He rides an old hack. He's lean and pedals like he's done it a while and she (who's podgy) rides with him on an ebike.
    Whilst it's obvious that it should be the other way around, I suppose it gets people who wouldn't ordinarily ride together given their differing abilities.
  • m.r.m.
    Careful, Pinarello got into trouble for that kind of marketing. :wink:
  • inseine
    Factor twin tube is back. Oliver Naesen has been racing one apparently.

one_v2_red_frameset_3_1518704856494_1bceay6gg35j6_630_80_670.jpg
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    No. Just no.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    If Colnago couldn't make it work aesthetically, then you're up against it. Nice colour that, though.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    If Colnago couldn't make it work aesthetically, then you're up against it. Nice colour that, though.
    I did something similar. I've loved dark metallic red since the Saronni Colnago days.
    Peugeot-_0119_R02-Carbone-105-1.jpg?itok=4Zra5q5a
  • pinno
    Yes ^. How about this for a paint job?

46f1604b4a7cc388db6c9f4ede618798.jpg
  • inseine
    Pinno wrote:
    Yes ^. How about this for a paint job?

46f1604b4a7cc388db6c9f4ede618798.jpg

Gorgeous. My dream bike ( or possibly the Zabel Miram blue, also gorgeous)
  • pinno
    That is a Colnago dream resprayed for a guy on this very forum.
  • inseine wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    I did something similar. I've loved dark metallic red since the Saronni Colnago days.
    Peugeot-_0119_R02-Carbone-105-1.jpg?itok=4Zra5q5a

If that had Michelin on it then it would be perfect!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • inseine
    Pinno wrote:
    That is a Colnago dream resprayed for a guy on this very forum.

Isn't it a C40?