2018 Gear

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    That is a Colnago dream resprayed for a guy on this very forum.

Isn't it a C40?

It may be. I sent him a PM (as I am undecided whether or not to go with the original Art Deco paint job on my C40 as it desperately needs some TLC as well as new paint or a paint scheme like that) but it either got deleted or auto cropped, so I can't confirm it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Yes, it's a C40:

https://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=108015

The guy on here had a slightly different colour rear triangle (which I quite like) and it is an Asso frame:

viewtopic.php?t=13026757#p19582491
  • shipley
    shipley Posts: 549
    Pinno wrote:

The guy on here had a slightly different colour rear triangle (which I quite like) and it is an Asso frame:

Ooh that’s mine, still have it...still love it and funnily enough just finished washing it :D
  • pinno
    Shipley wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Ooh that’s mine, still have it...still love it and funnily enough just finished washing it :D

Of course - 'Shipley'. Now I remember. :oops:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    NAHBS 2018 Stanridge....

2018-NAHBS-Stanridge-3Rensho-Homage-Track-2-700x467.jpg
  • inseine wrote:
    NAHBS 2018 Stanridge....

FFS
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    New aero frame from Cannondale that appears to have fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

28166276_995034030652320_4715377720968678278_n.jpg

28059027_995034057318984_3798960057314031773_n.jpg

28056457_995034000652323_719317247458281262_n.jpg
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    inseine wrote:
    NAHBS 2018 Stanridge....

Left side chainset...won't the fixed gear loosen itself in this configuration...?
    Half man, Half bike
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Reverse thread?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Isn't that Cannondale aero frame just in a massive size? All big frames look ugly.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Gweeds wrote:
    New aero frame from Cannondale that appears to have fallen out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

28166276_995034030652320_4715377720968678278_n.jpg

28059027_995034057318984_3798960057314031773_n.jpg

28056457_995034000652323_719317247458281262_n.jpg

Oh dear god no. a 20year love affair has come shuddering to a stop
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    I find the constant march of "innovation" on bikes funny. A pro rider will ride whatever s/he is paid to ride and it will be roughly the same as all the other bikes in the peloton. It won't make much of a difference. For an enthusiastic amateur there is even less impact.

They should concentrate on making the machines look good and paying the right rider / team to use it. Will sell a lot more that way. This notion that slightly different tech will change your life is insulting.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Timoid. wrote:
    I find the constant march of "innovation" on bikes funny. A pro rider will ride whatever s/he is paid to ride and it will be roughly the same as all the other bikes in the peloton. It won't make much of a difference. For an enthusiastic amateur there is even less impact.

They should concentrate on making the machines look good and paying the right rider / team to use it. Will sell a lot more that way. This notion that slightly different tech will change your life is insulting.

The problem with this is that old bikes look very good. Personally love a good round tubed steel machine with a big drop from the saddle to the traditional drop bars. Companies wouldn't make any money this way though! Innovation drives the cycling market as significantly as sponsorship drives cycling sport
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    ShutupJens wrote:

The problem with this is that old bikes look very good. Personally love a good round tubed steel machine with a big drop from the saddle to the traditional drop bars. Companies wouldn't make any money this way though! Innovation drives the cycling market as significantly as sponsorship drives cycling sport

I don't disagree, companies have to do it, but it's amusing how people get suckered by the hype. Yes today's bikes are faster than the steel bikes of the 80s or the aluminium 90s, but I can't see how a top of the range bike today is any better than say a Cervelo R3 from 5 or even 10 years ago. And certainly there is no huge advantage to one particular brand over another at the level of kit these guys ride in the World Tour.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Not a single disc equipped bike was ridden in any of the weekend’s races. Not even a Trek.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/oml ... h-gallery/
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Not a single disc equipped bike was ridden in any of the weekend’s races. Not even a Trek.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/oml ... h-gallery/

they might have to get a quick wheel change so thats a no for the disks :)
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    Love the bit about Terpstra and Stybar, all the cutting edge kit in the world at their fingertips and they use cardboard and vaseline to keep warm
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    e2aee426fe38f7908e3f598bdb4bec39.jpg
    r59e754efd158f-rower.jpg
    https://www.head.com/en-IC/licensed-products/#bikes
    Licensed.

First time I've noticed Head bikes. I know about skis, boards, rackets and general shnizzle.
  • gweeds
    They look like AN Other Generic Chinese Open Mould (tm)
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    exactly that. not sure I'd want Head on something I ride to be honest....
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    FocusZing wrote:

First time I've noticed Head bikes. I know about skis, boards, rackets and general shnizzle.

Is anyone else old to enough remember the school bags they did with a zip off compartment for your trainers?

s-l225.jpg
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I am old enough to remember those! I remember kind of slinging it over the shoulder and people would push it off as you walked down the corridor :-D
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I remember people filling up the zip off compartment then slapping people in the face with it whilst waiting for the next class to start. School days - the best days of your life apparently.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    BigMat wrote:
    I remember people filling up the zip off compartment then slapping people in the face with it whilst waiting for the next class to start. School days - the best days of your life apparently.
    Ah, we must've gone to the same school :-D
  • pinno
    Oh yes - and an arm through each short strap, on your back and cycle home.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gweeds wrote:

Your comment nothing to do with brand snobbery by any chance?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:

Only if you’re on crack.

More a comment that it’s clearly the same frame available from a number of other makesthats been rebadged with HEAD. Nothing more than that.
  • Matthewfalle
    Gweeds wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

Only if you’re on crack.

More a comment that it’s clearly the same frame available from a number of other makesthats been rebadged with HEAD. Nothing more than that.

Is it? You sure? Really sure?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • gweeds
    Yes thanks. Quite sure.
  • Matthewfalle
    Gweeds wrote:
    Yes thanks. Quite sure.

EVidence? Or just conjecture and slagging from the same clothes people?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.