Tour de France teams (& other preview stuff) thread

12345679»

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    TdF stuff on radio five live tonight, now until 10pm. Might be worth a listen, might not!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    TdF stuff on radio five live tonight, now until 10pm. Might be worth a listen, might not!

For those seeking less chat/more music with an alternative slant, 9pm-midnight Gideon Coe on 6Music is doing his annual Tour Special - with an extra German flavour...
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    OCDuPalais wrote:

For those seeking less chat/more music with an alternative slant, 9pm-midnight Gideon Coe on 6Music is doing his annual Tour Special - with an extra German flavour...

Yeah good stuff, forgot to mention that too.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Got it on too. Now have German friends trying to explain on Facebook that "I wish I could sprechen sie Deutsch" doesn't make sense...
  • ocdupalais
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Got it on too. Now have German friends trying to explain on Facebook that "I wish I could sprechen sie Deutsch" doesn't make sense...

Every time I catch his show I'm reminded of what a quality presenter Gideon Coe is and I ask myself why I don't listen to him more often - worth the licence fee alone, etc etc...

What's the deal with that medieval music from the Eddy Merckx doc 'La Course En Tete' ?!- it seemed to make sense when I watched it; but hearing the music without the pictures... can't imagine that one happening now.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    So white is the new black or something...

20176155_379526_670.jpg
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,701
    dish_dash wrote:
    So white is the new black or something...

20176155_379526_670.jpg

I imagine it's to do with that they're spending a lot of time down in South France.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Not so ColdBlack, then
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,701
    mamil314 wrote:
    Not so ColdBlack, then

That's Rapha innit.
  • NervexProf
    NervexProf Posts: 4,202
    Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom
  • ocdupalais
    NervexProf wrote:

The Kent Brockman of cycling journos...
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Is there a website to show what the total amount of ascent its for each stage? I'm wondering which stage has the most climbing in, and how many metres.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    durhamwasp wrote:
    Is there a website to show what the total amount of ascent its for each stage? I'm wondering which stage has the most climbing in, and how many metres.
    http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... ute-192041
  • OCDuPalais wrote:
    NervexProf wrote:

The Kent Brockman of cycling journos...

:D

"Top of the morning to ye on this gray, grizzly afternoon. Kent O'Brockman live on Main Street, where today everyone is a little bit Irish, except, of course, for the gays and the Italians"
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    tim000 wrote:
    durhamwasp wrote:
    http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... ute-192041
    That's just profiles and descriptions. I suspect stage 17 has the most uphill, but can't find a figure? 5000m for example.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....