Milan San Remo 2017 - Spoilers

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Rick - does Mrs Chasey get kicked out of the house, or is she acceptable company during a race? I'm assuming no forumites would cut it.

As a passive observer at best, who either leaves me to it, or does something else, that company is fine.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Wait until you have kids, Rick, then you'll be desperate for adult company during races.

"Is Marianne Vos going to win this race, dad?"
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    andyp wrote:
    Wait until you have kids, Rick, then you'll be desperate for adult company during races.

At least they know who Marianne Vos is!

My kids still think that I am riding in the races I put on TV, although I may have done nothing to dispel that myth! :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • rick_chasey
    What does happen is she tells me off for swearing at the telly when Carlton is on, and she does occasionally ask why I bother watching if it irritates me so much.

Hence my wearing out of the mute button.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    looks like i've got to watch it with the parentals.. They not really into cycling and my Dad will constantly want to turn it over to check the football results and other sports meaning I miss a key moment in a race
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    sherer wrote:
    looks like i've got to watch it with the parentals.. They not really into cycling and my Dad will constantly want to turn it over to check the football results and other sports meaning I miss a key moment in a race

In that situation I would just be antisocial and watch via ES app on phone/ipad...
  • spam02
    spam02 Posts: 178
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Who won so we can all get our bets on?

Daft thing is that when I woke up I could only remember the 3rd placed rider :oops:

Surely if you know who is definitely coming third you can make just as much money? ;)

Yeah, well I once dreamed I'd won 50 mln in the lottery, so I'm not sure about this!

Maybe it was a premonition (now, can you remember what were the numbers were???).
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    sherer wrote:

In that situation I would just be antisocial and watch via ES app on phone/ipad...

do I need to pay for the app ? Might be able to stream from the box if im lucky
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    I'm actually off tomorrow!

Quick skin up, ski down somewhere in the morning i reckon...

(Town is currently scandalised - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3088790/p ... i-holiday/ - gutted i missed it... )
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    ddraver wrote:

(Town is currently scandalised - https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3088790/p ... i-holiday/ - gutted i missed it... )
    Very scandalous - man in mid 30s enjoys a bit of a dance on a ski holiday...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    My kids still think that I am riding in the races I put on TV, although I may have done nothing to dispel that myth! :)
    I stuck on Cosmo's highlights vid of last year's Paris-Roubaix a couple of months ago.

My then 18 month old son pointed at the TV and said "My Daddy"
    "That's right son, that's when Daddy beat Tom Boonen in a sprint and won Paris-Roubaix" 8)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

Very scandalous - man in mid 30s enjoys a bit of a dance on a ski holiday...

Ah, no the scandal is that it got "sold". We re supposed to be all deferential to rich people here...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Decent chance I won't be able to watch this live. Sad!
  • rick_chasey
    al7l41wf3zly.png
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,905
    Sad that there will be no Cancellara this year. Remarkable consistency in this race.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    amateurish mind games from Quick Step
  • rick_chasey
    C7MMJomXgAISAmY.jpg:large

Break of the day. (No Tijallingii :()
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    10 leaders: Amezqueta, Will Clarke, Denz, Mattia Frapporti, Maestri, Marangoni, Poli, Rovny, Skujins and Zurlo.

Got 4mins over the pack - and will be hoping to still be away when the cameras roll to get some TV coverage for their sponsors
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,932
    infographicagram

I'm not sure what this is telling me.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • imatfaal
    img_20170318_wa0000_670.jpg

You know its a long day in the saddle when the first thing worth noting on your stem is 133km into the ride - and you still have almost a hundred miles to go.

Ben Swifts btw
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    My man in the break...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    My man in the break...

Who dat, dish?
  • Surely Colnago could posh that list up a bit and turn it into a design classic. Hmm that's given me an idea smart top tube notes etched into carbon fibre
  • andyp wrote:

My lad gets excited when the early break goes, as "they're in the lead"
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    Rai not covering the race live again, it seems.....

Edit: It is on Rai 2, which is a complete novelty.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • imatfaal
    Surely Colnago could posh that list up a bit and turn it into a design classic. Hmm that's given me an idea smart top tube notes etched into carbon fibre

That's a great idea - rather than silly graphics have a replica of a real pro's stem notes. Boonen's Roubaix notes - although I expect he knows it so well not to bother, Froome Mont Ventoux (with a bit of "Run with Bike"interjected) etc.

BTW QS just tweeted this
    #MSR is @tomboonen1's 40th Monument. Of the previous 39, he won 7, finished 6 times on the podium and in other 8 occasions in the top 10.

Over half in top ten, a third on podium...
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Cannondale-Drapac with two in the suicide break of (mainly) riders from wild card teams. Which just about sums up what a sh!t shower they are these days, reduced to making the break to get a whiff of publicity.
  • imatfaal
    andyp wrote:
    Cannondale-Drapac with two in the suicide break of (mainly) riders from wild card teams. Which just about sums up what a sh!t shower they are these days, reduced to making the break to get a whiff of publicity.

Sad but so true. Their twitter feed is so desperate to make things sound not so bad - and it fails; "#GreenArgyle racehard to finish in the pack..."
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    infographicagram

I'm not sure what this is telling me.

It is showing that in recent years, the better finishers rode paris-nice rather than the Italian equivalent.
    Half man, Half bike