CMS hearings into the alleged culture of doping and bullying at British Cycling

Comments

• yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Sky confirm the Dr Freeman had been issuing staff, friends etc with kenacort.

Not sure where this one is heading ....

With the good Dr. under a very large black bus, by the sounds of it.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    CarbonClem wrote:

With the good Dr. under a very large black bus, by the sounds of it.

Clinic are saying he's being sacrificed and this will explain his poor record keeping and where the stocks all went to. He went 'rogue'.
    Kinda hard to think what else it might be?
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Today on twitter he's been quoting the Times article linked above which is critical of Sky. He's posted quite a bit on the subject in addition to discussing it on the cycling podcast, where he specifically talked about his annoyance that DB was telling him this stuff at the very same Dauphine where the mystery package was delivered.

I'm not too familiar with Moore's past having only followed cycling for the past 4-5 years, but was surprised to read that you think he's been quiet about this since that's certainly not my perception.
    He was on Radio 5 for an hour last night talking about it with Rob Hatch and Rochelle Gillmore.

He and the other podcast guys don't seem to go to the extremes that some of their colleagues where everything is either a triumph or a crisis with nothing in between. Social media doesn't tend to like calm considered opinions.

No, and nor do they on here either (apparently, I presume that's why the clinic thinks we're all Sky fanboys who love dopers)
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    It wasn't Richard Moore embedded with Sky at the '11 Dauphine - it was Lionel Birnie

My bad, like I say I'm not too familiar with their pasts, just what has been discussed on twitter and the podcast recently.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    No, and nor do they on here either (apparently, I presume that's why the clinic thinks we're all Sky fanboys who love dopers)
    We're Bikeretard apparently. They on they other hand think Haribo is a doping product.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • yorkshireraw
    RichN95 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    We're Bikeretard apparently. They on they other hand think Haribo is a doping product.

Based on the top review, the sugar free ones could be a substitute for Corticosteroids for weight loss....

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Fre ... B008JELLCA
  • RichN95.

Based on the top review, the sugar free ones could be a substitute for Corticosteroids for weight loss....

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Sugar-Fre ... B008JELLCA
    That's magnificent.
  • CuthbertC
    CuthbertC Posts: 172
    CarbonClem wrote:

Reminiscent of Vandenbroucke claiming the EPO was for his dog.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    CarbonClem wrote:

Is this reported anywhere other the DM (coz I'm not going to help their clickcount)?
  • Richj
    Richj Posts: 240
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Is this reported anywhere other the DM (coz I'm not going to help their clickcount)?

cycling news

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bradley ... mcinolone/
  • carbonclem
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

• carbonclem
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Actually, the key line isn't very incriminating after all :lol:

On Friday, Team Sky confirmed to Cyclingnews that they had been informed by Freeman that, as part of his British Cycling and Team Sky Manchester-based staff medical service, he treated some patients with triamcinolone. When contacted by Cyclingnews, UKAD refused to comment.
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    If (and I'm happy to be corrected) I'm reading this correctly, Sapstead was in possession of this information but failed to disclose it to add context to her statement to the CMS committee. If so, that looks very strange.
  • CarbonClem wrote:

UKAD knew of this two years ago, and it was common knowledge within Sky that certain staff members were receiving injections at certain races.
  • RichN95.
    CarbonClem wrote:

UKAD knew of this two years ago, and it was common knowledge within Sky that certain staff members were receiving injections at certain races.
    Don't tell me this all comes down to Brailsford's vanity and his desire to look superfit on camera.
  • CarbonClem wrote:

Wut?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

Don't tell me this all comes down to Brailsford's vanity and his desire to look superfit on camera.

he shed some kgs ahead of the '15 season if me memory serves me right :wink:

gawd, this is all a bit Twin Peaks
  • cq20 wrote:
    If (and I'm happy to be corrected) I'm reading this correctly, Sapstead was in possession of this information but failed to disclose it to add context to her statement to the CMS committee. If so, that looks very strange.

Aye. It does.
  • Wutever happens, Freeman has an urgent appointment with the GMC
  • Wutever happens, Freeman has an urgent appointment with the GMC

It looks like he's being stitched up so the sooner he gets the opportunity to give evidence and possibly some immunity, the sooner that this can be sorted out.

The culture at the team was basically do what you are told or you get the sack. If Freeman wasn't in the role, there would have been someone else who would say yes.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

You've heard it too?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,532

The culture at the team was basically do what you are told or you get the sack. If Freeman wasn't in the role, there would have been someone else who would say yes.

That defence is a non-starter for a doctor. It's a non-starter in most lines of work, but particularly in medicine.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Wutever happens, Freeman has an urgent appointment with the GMC

I hear ZHC's are very popular these days. Maybe marginal pay is a good idea for Sky docs.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    CarbonClem wrote:

You've heard it too?
    No. But it's not exactly a stretch at guessing that.
  • yorkshireraw
    So if Freeman was dishing out Triamcinolone to staff, and assuming that's what was in the jiffy, it's not certain that the package was for Wiggins then? Could have been for any of the staff there.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I've often thought the jiffy bag contained something embarrassing, rather than dodgy.

STI treatment or something
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    I notice that outside the UK there seems to be sod all interest in the story - L'Equipe, Gazzetta, Sporza/Niewsblad
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    RichN95 wrote:
    I notice that outside the UK there seems to be sod all interest in the story - L'Equipe, Gazzetta, Sporza/Niewsblad

true dat.

Were people really so gullible to buy the "SDB is a management genius" crap? were they watching for the first year? For Froomedoggate? For JTL?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • I doubt Freeman is a 'proper' Doctor. No Richard Freemans on the GMC medical register seem a match, and according to the Cyclingweekly link he has a Diploma in Musculoskeletal Medicine which is not a medical degree. He has nothing to fear from the GMC :lol:
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    Were people really so gullible to buy the "SDB is a management genius" crap? were they watching for the first year? For Froomedoggate? For JTL?
    When people say 'I can't believe a team with such attention to detail could make these mistakes', I remind myself that Chris Froome did the 2012 Prologue with cotton wool still shoved up his nose.