• FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited October 2016
    CuvqS5WWcAAyjua.jpg:large

Ha, yes.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    jasonbrim wrote:
    Rick, the Gear thread has never been about Pro Team Gear only, so why oh why do you you want it become one. It's becoming tedious.
    I can only agree with Rick.
    It is in the "Pro Race" part of the forum, and in the previous threads, people have always tried to steer it towards the "pro" side. Same thing when people post old stuff in the 2017 thread - it doesn't belong here.

If people want a general "Gear" thread, then start one in the "Road General" forum and then they won't have to worry about Rick or other people saying certain pictures don't belong there.

Sorry wrong

Go back and look at the threads from 2014/2015, there's even more great stuff that is non pro race from the hands of FF, so don't talk cobblers
  • FocusZing
    True. The thread is a positive diversion from some people's fixation on ped cheats. It doesn't bother me if people post road bikes they like.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    When was the last time a British made frame was used in the professional peleton? This has to be considered a mini triumph. Now all we need is British Aerospace to start building wheels and Renishaw to start making components.

I think it looks good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FocusZing
    Yes it's great to see Pinno. Brilliant company Renishaws.
  • FocusZing
    Blue_Carbon_English_web_001_2677_s.jpg
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Ti and carbon??
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • FocusZing
    http://cyclingtips.com/2015/09/bikes-of ... ssue-disc/

I'm risking it in po-faced it's 2015.
  • pinno
    FocusZing wrote:

I hope you know I have copyright on that term.
  • FocusZing
    Pinno wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:

I hope you know I have copyright on that term.

Ha, well congratulations on that.
  • kleinstroker
    Heroin

Heroin-Bike-Project_limited-edition-luxury-aero-road-bike_top-shadow-600x400.jpg
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Pinno wrote:
    When was the last time a British made frame was used in the professional peloton? This has to be considered a mini triumph. Now all we need is British Aerospace to start building wheels and Renishaw to start making components.

I think it looks good.

Renishaw already make bikes, sort of - their machines are used to make lugs for robotbike https://robotbike.co/?v=79cba1185463

3d printed lugs and carbon tubes. Given that Renishaw make 3d printing machines, anyone could buy one and use it to make components :D

I'll be down at Renishaw again on Friday, I'll see if they'll lend us one ;)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Whats the thing above the stem casting that odd shadow?
  • coriordan wrote:

Just weird optics, I took this coming out of the shower once.
    Screen%20Shot%202016-10-19%20at%2016.14.30_zpsyxormmot.png
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Hat :lol:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • The truth is sadly more mundane

Picture001-9.jpg
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • kleinstroker
    coriordan wrote:

it's this, Heroin Bike Project

heroin-page-montagne.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    Look Colette Collection

not very tasteful

0000012509898_img_6835.jpg

more tasteful

0000012509942_img_6843.jpg
  • Pinno wrote:
    When was the last time a British made frame was used in the professional peloton? This has to be considered a mini triumph. Now all we need is British Aerospace to start building wheels and Renishaw to start making components.

I think it looks good.

Last year of Colombia (whenever that was) Terry Dolan claimed that there were a number of his frames in the top flight (rebadged). iirc he contacted Eurosport to answer that very same question, which the commentary team had been asked by a viewer. Might have been a stage of the TdF.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Pinno wrote:

I think it looks good.

Last year of Colombia (whenever that was) Terry Dolan claimed that there were a number of his frames in the top flight (rebadged). iirc he contacted Eurosport to answer that very same question, which the commentary team had been asked by a viewer. Might have been a stage of the TdF.

Most of the pro's who ride the track tend to ride rebadged or unbranded Dolan DF3's and DF4's.

Terry also used to build most of the tandem frames for GB.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,660
    Any pictures of them?
  • kleinstroker
    Factor bikes are a classic case why this thread should continue as is in my opinion, when they first came out, we posted them here, and yes, they had nothing to do with pro race then, but look now a year or two later, and they are part of the pro-peloton.

This is why I keep posting stuff that might seem irrlevant now, but none of us know how things will evolve.

Cheers
  • pinno
    coriordan wrote:

It's the a vanity mirror.

Re.: Renishaw. A friend and fellow student got a placement at Renishaw. Great company who only turned a percentage of the company into shares in order to keep it within the full control of the incumbent operators.
    Pity more UK companies had taken out that lead and then no chance of being subject to external and hostile take overs.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    coriordan wrote:

it's this, Heroin Bike Project

heroin-page-montagne.jpg

Wow. I like that a lot!
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • FocusZing
    Ct_bNoxWcAAi_nR.jpg

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/206966 ... ked-outfit

Already covered in the rumours thread.

As Rick has already mentioned. I would like to see a comparison between old and new, what is the percentage benefit, flat, sprinting, climbing...?
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    JSCL wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I think it looks good.

Most of the pro's who ride the track tend to ride rebadged or unbranded Dolan DF3's and DF4's.

Terry also used to build most of the tandem frames for GB.

Millar claims that Terry Dolan made him a replica of his TT bike at Cofidis when he was world champ. Apparently during his doping investigation he was played a recording a phone call with someone talking about "powder white", taken to mean coke by the french authorities, rather than frame colour
  • kleinstroker
    FocusZing wrote:
    Ct_bNoxWcAAi_nR.jpg

http://road.cc/content/tech-news/206966 ... ked-outfit

Already covered in the rumours thread.

As Rick has already mentioned. I would like to see a comparison between old and new, what is the percentage benefit, flat, sprinting, climbing...?

Colnago seem to be making a massive deal about their "concept" bike, which by the way should mean new idea, but the Colnago is anything but, being a copy of every other aero bike.
  • pinno
    FocusZing wrote:

Colnago seem to be making a massive deal about their "concept" bike, which by the way should mean new idea, but the Colnago is anything but, being a copy of every other aero bike.

Surely, like cars, they'll all reach the same aerodynamic and structural conclusions.

Which begs the question: If the only discernible difference is the paint job, why is black the new... black?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Better to hide the lack of differentiation.
  • FocusZing
    That's true. Old old v new, see "Drugs in other sports and media thread"; steel complete bike, clipless sti's level v the current carbon.