2017 Gear

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,659
    Also those castelli sleeves are not as comfortable as the Rapha ones.

Better length on the body though.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I suppose The Daily Mail will rage against Sky's new kit for not having a poppy on it.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I'm havin that! To bring it up to date I can go over the corresponding white dash lines with a red permanent pen to highlight TUE assists.

Nice!
  • Let's face it, it's crap, not as crap as the adidas one but crap none the less. And the SKY is waay too big.
  • rick_chasey
    Pinno wrote:
    Do we have to have a reference to the Bristol Stool chart. Had to look it up. It's all your fault Rick.

Sheesh, I've just eaten :(

Normally takes a few hours at least, no?
  • Pinno wrote:
    Do we have to have a reference to the Bristol Stool chart. Had to look it up. It's all your fault Rick.

Sheesh, I've just eaten :(

Normally takes a few hours at least, no?

GET OUT
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Never bloody happy!
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    WH_454_NSW_CC_V1700F700SR_11S_pair-800x533.jpgZipp 454

via VeloNews
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • chippyk
    chippyk Posts: 529
    That Sky kit is awful. How much do Castelli have to pay to supply them btw?
  • ChippyK wrote:

I have the figure 4m in me brain re what Rapha were stomping up. Might be wrong, mind.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,771
    Its seems a bit weak and fussy for a pro kit. I get the concept but I think it work better if it were bolder, which sort of comes back to the Rapha data print that they seem to have ripped off to get here ... odd.

I watched some of the launch video on FB. Man, what a drawn out fuss they made :lol:
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Not keen on the sky kit - and they dont seem keen to show off the back of it either - maybe they're not happy with that ? Maybe it'll grow on me.
  • jscl
    ChippyK wrote:

I have the figure 4m in me brain re what Rapha were stomping up. Might be wrong, mind.
    Try just under half that.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • JSCL wrote:
    ChippyK wrote:

Try just under half that.

I'd quite like to have the opportunity to try half of that
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I hear they're replacing the thin blue line on the back of the sky jersey with a large grey area.

Badum-tish!
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • jscl
    prawny wrote:
    I hear they're replacing the thin blue line on the back of the sky jersey with a large grey area.

Badum-tish!
    Out. Get out. Shut the door as you leave.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    prawny wrote:

Badum-tish!

Hat.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    M.R.M. wrote:
    WH_454_NSW_CC_V1700F700SR_11S_pair-800x533.jpgZipp 454

via VeloNews

Obviously not really thought about that design before (or I'd be working in a totally different field) but it makes sense. Be interesting to see if it actually works and others adopt.

And dare I say, quite like the look too.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I can't remember what brand it was but I've seen a similar concept on some wheels at a trade show that was on here a few months ago
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    sky7-630x473.jpeg
  • The more I've seen it the worse I realise it is.

Boring kit, Exact same as previous years minus stripe on the sleeve and some speckles on the shirt.
  • 1478187750277.jpg

Well, I like it
    You're the light wiping out my batteries; You're the cream in my airport coffee's.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Yeah I think it's pretty inoffensive.

Does that mean there will be a load of cheap secondhand Castelli gear on here now as the pro race hipsters desperately ditch anything that could be seen as Sky-related from their wardrobes?
  • jscl
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Does that mean there will be a load of cheap secondhand Castelli gear on here now as the pro race hipsters desperately ditch anything that could be seen as Sky-related from their wardrobes?
    I noticed Wiggle sent out an appropriately times Castelli offer this morning.
  • rick_chasey
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Fair play to you if you're after 2nd hand hipster cycling shorts.

I tend to avoid clothes that stick to closely to the genitalia of people who get off over themselves.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Be interesting to see if Rapha prices and, indeed, popularity will get affected;
  • spam02
    spam02 Posts: 178
    1478187750277.jpg

"Is this really XXXL?. Damn Castelli sizing!"
  • rick_chasey
    SPaM02 wrote:
    1478187750277.jpg

Don't. You. Start.

Their xs fits me fine.

If you don't fit in it, eat less & ride more, or wear many of the other brands aimed at fat Brits.
  • ^BURN
  • spam02
    spam02 Posts: 178
    SPaM02 wrote:
    1478187750277.jpg

Don't. You. Start.

Their xs fits me fine.

If you don't fit in it, eat less & ride more, or wear many of the other brands aimed at fat Brits.

Hahaha. I have always been a L in Castelli (M in most other makes) but this year have had to change to an XL in their jerseys. My weight/size hasn't changed for years - honest :D

Anyway I won't be buying a Sky jersey so sizing won't be an issue. It looks like the designer has tried too hard to come up with something different whilst retaining the Sky minimalist look. It's all a bit meh!

I expect to see 100's of them all over the Surrey Hills for the next 12 months.