2017 Gear

Comments

• kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Length for length weight is 50% saving as on bikerumor article, its there in black and white
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Black and White? Looks like white and green to me...
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Length for length weight is 50% saving as on bikerumor article, its there in black and white

...of the gear housings. Over some unspecified housing as a reference :?

I still stand by my points :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Instead of buying those Jagwire thingy's to save 10 grams, I have decided to shave my pubes off and...wait for it - cut my toenails. Farq me, i'll be flying.

I don't quite understand this. Someone explain. Theoretically, I can put a bike together that weighs less than the UCI minimum (6.8kg's), if I was a budding young bloke with aspirations and a big wallet.
    Then all being well and I turn pro, I have an immediate handicap.
    Much better that I ride a bike with a breeze block in my saddle bag on an old steel 81 inch fixed (46x15 in new money).

When I were a lad...

Cont. p94
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Jagwire cables just became 50% lighter.

jagwire-Road-Lite-sealed-shift-cable-and-housing-kits01.jpg

C'mon, you're going to have to give us more details than that, where did you read 50%?

Are you talking about their new XEX shift housing? Their website says that is 30% lighter than "traditional housing" (i.e. the heaviest housing they could find), which probably means <<10% lighter than their previous generation stuff.

Inners and brake cables are seemingly no different so I'm guessing you could possibly achieve a ~5% net weight loss, which would be around ~10g if you're lucky.

Edited to add: I'm guessing you read it on bikerumor.com, in which case I stand by my assertions!

The weight saving's in the packaging (pro version on the right).
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • kleinstroker
    Pinno wrote:
    Instead of buying those Jagwire thingy's to save 10 grams, I have decided to shave my pubes off and...wait for it - cut my toenails. Farq me, i'll be flying.

I don't quite understand this. Someone explain. Theoretically, I can put a bike together that weighs less than the UCI minimum (6.8kg's), if I was a budding young bloke with aspirations and a big wallet.
    Then all being well and I turn pro, I have an immediate handicap.
    Much better that I ride a bike with a breeze block in my saddle bag on an old steel 81 inch fixed (46x15 in new money).

When I were a lad...

Cont. p94

£/g these are a great way to shave weight from a bike build so you would need to shave off 50-60g of your pubes to match the savings made by switching to these new cables.

let us know how it goes! :)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    To celabrate Battaglins 65th birthday they are making 65 of these....

2016-battaglin-special-edition-italian-steel-anniversary-road-bike-3.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    AG2R will be riding these next year - Factor O2

O2_Black_DuraAce_front45_IMG_0363.jpg?v=1461327961
  • pinno
    Black frame, black wheels, black finishing kit and black components. Maybe they are expecting a depressing year.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Didn't realise that Baden Cooke had a stake in Factor bikes. He's got a nice gig going along with his rider management business...
  • dinyull
    AG2R will be riding these next year - Factor O2

O2_Black_DuraAce_front45_IMG_0363.jpg?v=1461327961

That looks much better than the frame with the stupid split in the downtube and combined/intergrated fork/head tube.
  • kleinstroker
    Pinno wrote:
    Black frame, black wheels, black finishing kit and black components. Maybe they are expecting a depressing year.
    Ok maybe not in black livery, but supposed to be the same model model
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    They look nice but they start at about eight grand don't they?
  • pinno
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    They look nice but they start at about eight grand don't they?

If you got one, you would be an even bigger target for the ego boys on their Triban 3's.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    To be fair, I wouldn't mind one of these in black:
    6yc53dqr
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    JSCL wrote:
    6yc53dqr

Looks great - how does that headtube /steerer work? Does the fork basically go all the way up on the outside/front and connect behind to the head tube?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    imatfaal wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    6yc53dqr

Looks great - how does that headtube /steerer work? Does the fork basically go all the way up on the outside/front and connect behind to the head tube?

Is it any different to what Look have been doing for 20 odd years?
  • pinno
    inseine wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Fundamentally. It's all black instead of mostly black.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    inseine wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    6yc53dqr

Yes I think so - although I have never ridden a posh Look bike; I think they have a system that is pretty much the fork becoming a (tapered) cylinder which fits inside a headtube. They do clever stuff with the stem/bars in order to smooth lines etc. But the factor seems to have the fork on the outside (if you look there is a continuous fork on the outside from axle all the way to bars) and the connection to the frame is via a rear connection.

1449654869233-ouwabe3yvb6p-630-80.jpg It looks to me as if the pivot is behind the main body of the fork - immediately below the name Factor. This would serve to give a fork offset but in a very unusual way - a tapered cylinder in a headtube is a very sturdy and strong joint not sure why you would mess with it
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    sherlock-13.jpg

"LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE, better known as LVMH Group, is set to purchase the Italian bike brand Pinarello."

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/arti ... llo-48400/

A "sherlock" helmet a possibility for Sky next year?
  • pinno
    ^ It struck me as right t Yorkshire that did. Like a flat cap cum sykle elmet for t' worlds - top blokes goin' up 'ill and over Dale.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Pinno wrote:
    ^ It struck me as right t Yorkshire that did. Like a flat cap cum sykle elmet for t' worlds - top blokes goin' up 'ill and over Dale.
    Oh my.

Saw this LV Edition F8 doing the rounds earlier.

pa91swip
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • kleinstroker
    Froome would like that one, it would match his new hat

FroomePress-800x533.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    This is nice for an aluminum bike
    Standert Kreissage

Kreissaege_Aufbau_olive_01a.JPG?v=1474898461
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    Which pro team rides that?
  • kleinstroker
    Rick, the Gear thread has never been about Pro Team Gear only, so why oh why do you you want it become one. It's becoming tedious.
  • jasonbrim
    jasonbrim Posts: 105
    Rick, the Gear thread has never been about Pro Team Gear only, so why oh why do you you want it become one. It's becoming tedious.
    I can only agree with Rick.
    It is in the "Pro Race" part of the forum, and in the previous threads, people have always tried to steer it towards the "pro" side. Same thing when people post old stuff in the 2017 thread - it doesn't belong here.

If people want a general "Gear" thread, then start one in the "Road General" forum and then they won't have to worry about Rick or other people saying certain pictures don't belong there.
  • dinyull
    JSCL wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Oh my.

Saw this LV Edition F8 doing the rounds earlier.

pa91swip

Vino wants.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited October 2016
    CuvqS5WWcAAyjua.jpg:large

""Romain Bardet will be hoping to snatch some summit victories atop a Factor bike in 2017, as the Norfolk based manufacturer will offer the choice of three road models and a time trial bike to the French team.

‘I am very proud that Factor will be entering the World Tour with a team as strong as AG2R La Mondiale,’ said Factor co-owner and former pro Baden Cooke.

‘We are highly motivated to continue to develop our machines with the feedback from the riders to stay ahead of the game.’""
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,729
    20% cheaper for them now innit ;)