Mwahaha...

Trillion

CqaAUzRWAAU2k93.jpg-large-e1483374600686.jpg
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    Sportful sign a deal with trek official launch 13th January

C1QNpwMWQAAhb-5?format=jpg&name=large

Those aren't the legs of a potential Tour champion. And what's the point of going to the trouble of getting his winkle to point straight up if they can't get his shorts symmetrical?
  • ocdupalais
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    Froome "suffering more than id care to admit" come on pinnomister

C1PSZZ7WEAAPT6M?format=jpg&name=large

I wonder how long Froome's Scorpions last on his training kit.

4 washes?
    A team helper flies out with fresh logos in a Jiffy bag.
    But 2 other things strike me about this shot...
    1) What's with the camp little "fanny pack" dangling off the saddle when there's a dirty great helmet box on his moto pacer to stash his sandwiches and TUEs?
    2) No one cares that he got his first pair of novelty Christmas socks from his boy- they are unbecoming of the 2017 Tour winner.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    1) What's with the camp little "fanny pack" dangling off the saddle when there's a dirty great helmet box on his moto pacer to stash his sandwiches and TUEs?
    He might be doing some non motorpace riding later. Or maybe it's just simpler to keep it on there on a day to day basis.

(Or it might be the battery for the motor)

More to the point, why is he doing uphill time trialling?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    Maybe uphill is just a good way to do intervals.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    New TT position

C1P8OZvWEAAJQRv?format=jpg&name=large
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    2) No one cares that he got his first pair of novelty Christmas socks from his boy- they are unbecoming of the 2017 Tour winner.

I guess the whole team will be wearing these this year.
  • inseine
    Pinno wrote:
    I always wonder give the current levels of technology that wouldn't it be better to be behind an electric moped or motorbike than sucking in exhaust fumes, flat out uphill?
    I was thinking the same thing. If you've ever done any motorpacing, the noise also becomes a massive PITA after a while.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    So they've gone from Pink/Blue to this:

c1u2uknwgaahol9_670.jpg

c1utvktw8aa5fkg_670.jpg
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    You'd think they'd be able to afford a fricking English proof reader
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Poundshop Old Katusha kit.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • It's a snooze
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    inseine wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I always wonder give the current levels of technology that wouldn't it be better to be behind an electric moped or motorbike than sucking in exhaust fumes, flat out uphill?
    I was thinking the same thing. If you've ever done any motorpacing, the noise also becomes a massive PITA after a while.

Not motor paced as such but I do chase the odd tractor and have chased many a moped (sometimes successfully, sometimes not) and yes, it stinks though it was worse chasing two strokes.

It's not as if electric bikes are slow:

Holy batshit
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • dish_dash
    Sunweb

8085e9b3_e6c0_4152_8a3d_5eb50cf9dfd7_670.jpg

2afa839a_acb3_406e_9cdd_a92df0b18834_670.jpg

91188982_9647_4887_ab80_42a500be016b_670.jpg
  • dish_dash
    Not a huge fan of the new BC kit. But HSBC UK getting very prominent brand positioning which I guess is the point. Still think they should have reverted to being Midland Bank. Would have made the ring fencing clearer but would have diluted the HSBC brand.
  • ocdupalais
    dish_dash wrote:
    Sunweb

I'm confused- in a Pub Landlord/Blackadder and "Bob" sort of way... surely the one on the right is the geezer in the middle with a wig on?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    great-britain-cycling-team-kit-2017-01.jpg?itok=49Ve4XcO

If anyone has a Lazer Z1 and wants that British aeroshell, I'll happily give it to you. It's just sitting under my desk at work.

Had to replace mine with a clear one so I didn't look like a total tw@t, but your taste may be different.
  • great-britain-cycling-team-kit-2017-01.jpg?itok=49Ve4XcO

If anyone has a Lazer Z1 and wants that British aeroshell, I'll happily give it to you. It's just sitting under my desk at work.

Had to replace mine with a clear one so I didn't look like a total tw@t, but your taste may be different.

Selling skillz :P
  • inseine
    I'm sure it's not everyones cup of tea but it's one of the most coherent kit/bikes combos.
    Tom_Dumoulin05.jpg
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,455
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Sunweb

I'm confused- in a Pub Landlord/Blackadder and "Bob" sort of way... surely the one on the right is the geezer in the middle with a wig on?
    I dunno. All white people look the same to me. :wink:
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    inseine wrote:
    I'm sure it's not everyones cup of tea but it's one of the most coherent kit/bikes combos.
    Tom_Dumoulin05.jpg

New Giant TCRs with the sloping top tube and the seat tube/seatstay/top tube join looks a lot like a Planet X Pro Carbon to me... Not a big fan.
  • inseine
    One Pro on Boardman this year. I still don't take to the new graphics especially the Boardman font.

bike_670.jpg
  • great-britain-cycling-team-kit-2017-01.jpg?itok=49Ve4XcO

I got a fluro yellow one to replace the GB one.

If I ever ride for GB I might use it.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    15624851_1625658237737433_4599182062958673920_n.jpg
    Ben Swifts new bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,648
    Here's a Q.

Why is the black & red combo so popular in cycling?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Red's the fastest colour but all red looks cheap. Simple.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    edited January 2017
    Here's a Q.

Why is the black & red combo so popular in cycling?

Rick, it is linked with success evidently, speed and stats. For example, in football, a 2007 study carried out by the University of Plymouth and the University of Durham certainly indicated that red simply enhances performance.The study established that since 1947, teams wearing red in English high level football have been champions more often than could be statistically expected based on the proportion of teams that play in red. Not sure if it transposes to cycling, but could be. In the recent past the shift, based on Team SKY was black and blue which other teams cloned, but historically, would be worth looking at team kits and bikes on a pro-rata success level - though of course negated by Tour jerseys I suppose ?

Maybe it is simply a spinal tap, red is just faster type thing ?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I bloody hate 4-arm crank spiders. Why did Campag have to go down that road?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.