2017 Gear

Comments

• kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    yup, I agree so just looking at options and thinking how things will go for the next few years. I'm not one to use my brakes much, would rather go around corners faster whether in my car or on a bike. Is 74kg fat? not unless I was thinking about GC!
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Well I saw a pair of these Bontrager Speed Stop calipers on a (2017?) Trek yesterday...

31719763915_e5b239bd42.jpg

Their movement was a work of art and one reason why I will never go over to discs on a road bike.
    Half man, Half bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,650
    kfinlay wrote:
    yup, I agree so just looking at options and thinking how things will go for the next few years. I'm not one to use my brakes much, would rather go around corners faster whether in my car or on a bike. Is 74kg fat? not unless I was thinking about GC!

Depends how tall you are ;) but probs not...
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    ^ I prefer that Nippo-Fantini kit to the Bardiani kit that so many of you liked....
  • dish_dash
    CyclingNews is in such a flutter about the parliamentary session that they've ignored the new Bahrain-Merida jersey launch...

RR2 - I think you'll agree it looks much better with the blue and red reversed, non?

jersey2.jpg

EDIT: just realised it comes with a whole narrative:
    The inspiration for the design of the jersey was the logo of the team, which is a combination of metaphors that represent Bahrain and the spirit of cycling. The concentric circles depicted in ‘Bahraini Red’ represent the dynamic motion towards victory that is common to all competitive sports. Furthermore, the national flag with its stark colors and forward-moving arrows blend seamlessly in a form of water ripples, which is symbolic of Bahrain making waves on the world stage.

The body of jersey is 'Bahraini Red’ which is the main color of the country and dominant color of national flag. At the epicenter of the jersey is the culture of Bahrain, seen abundant in it’s native architecture, depicted in 'Royal Gold' that is revered across the world for it’s uncontested rich heritage. The symbol works as a reminder of the culture and values that the nation and the team stand for. At the top of the pattern there is bold typeface rendered in a white, while the sleeves are colored in 'Sea Blue' - colors that truly represent the island between two seas. A thin continuous green line that goes through the body and sleeves of the jersey, represents co-title sponsor Merida
  • rick_chasey
    Decent kit.
  • dish_dash
    The top half is... I'm not such a fan of the bottom half... looks too similar to the Tinkoff shorts.
  • rick_chasey
    dish_dash wrote:
    The top half is... I'm not such a fan of the bottom half... looks too similar to the Tinkoff shorts.

Keeps it different enough to Katusha.

I gotta know which despotic tyrant team I'm looking at with ease.
  • dish_dash
    Yeah yeah... I've been thinking that Bahrain-Merida need to make a marquee British signing to emphasise the key role that Britain has played in entrenching the current regime... Maybe the red/blue/gold roundel teams could merge... :D
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    The logo on the front does look like the trajectory of a exploding cluster bomb...
    Half man, Half bike
  • hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Team Torture
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    _cat3299_2_670.jpg

:D

Love the bike.

The kit is suitably Euro
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Decent kit.

Agreed. Reminds me a little bit of spiderman though.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • Timoid. wrote:
    Decent kit.

Agreed. Reminds me a little bit of spiderman though.
    Yup, thats what i thought as well, like some kids spiderman pyjamas
  • 15625603_788796214602476_2992350801405047806_o.jpg?oh=64ce8dddbc331ac4be1eaa975f2724cb&oe=58E18D4C

Shimano kit and specs but now Lazer lids.
  • rick_chasey
    Great helmet.
  • UAE Abu Dhabi Team Bike

C0TwuPLXAAAm_51?format=jpg&name=large
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    C1Elp1uWEAAh-zY?format=jpg&name=large
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Those shoes.

My eyes.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    Those shoes.

My eyes.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm emotionally prepared for the full Blythe look this coming season :o
  • gweeds
    I'm not sure I ever will be!
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    How to make the classiest national champs jersey look crap. Wear the proper team shorts 4FS.

That being said, I quite like those shoes :D
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Blythe <3
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    We are a traditional lot. I think Blythes shoes look great and even the full Nat champs look is OK by me. Could do without the wheel logos.
  • gweeds
    He's just made it look like he's the French champion.
  • rick_chasey
    I spy with my little eye, a gap between leg warmers & socks.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Gotta love Blythey :)

Also..

2017010-gbct-jody_cundy-profile-footer.1483186089.png
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    15741205_927140964053777_8534980803436597185_n.jpg?oh=6ce3af197d33dd262bf0fa2d46cd854e&oe=591FEF04
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Boras 4 nat champions
    31204086804_1af6d83efc_b.jpg