2017 Gear

Comments

• Lazer add a new frame to their range with the Walter...

Odd name... look nice though

WALTER_matte-flash-green_quarter-copy.jpg

WALTER_gloss-flash-yellow_quarter-copy-1024x680.jpg

WALTER_matte-titanium_quarter-copy-1024x680.jpg

The Frank look more like and off bike addition... but are also nice.

FRANK_matte-flash-green_quarter-copy-e1473778699924.jpg
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    I like Lazer, a lot... but you'd just buy Oakley instead.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • So I'm the only person that thinks that if that Colnago had a different name on the downtube it would getting ridiculed.

It's horrible. And with a truly shite paintjob.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    So I'm the only person that thinks that if that Colnago had a different name on the downtube it would getting ridiculed.

It's horrible. And with a truly shite paintjob.

Nah... I tend to agree with you.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Them lazer's look a lot like the jawbreakers
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Nah. The head tube entry for the cables is horrid. The stem to head tube junction looks terrible and the paint job looks like the sort of result you would get if a Chinese sweat shop tried to copy the Colnago master paint job. All in all, not great
  • I think that about most Colnagos these days, well past their prime.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Every year I find myself less and less impressed by the new bikes. When I can finally justify a new one I'll be having a chat with my club mate to do me one of his hand built frames http://www.sturdycycles.co.uk/
  • Kask Koo $239

f9a941b0-7f67-4368-8c94-4346c4cb0715.jpg

7a0c9021-07ad-4b47-aaa6-5c5e6dbbc7cf.jpg
  • Silca seatpack

Silca-Seat-Roll-Premio_premium-Boa-equipped-waxed-cotton-under-saddle-tool-roll_installed.jpg
  • LVL Hydration Monitor

lvl-wearable-hydration-monitor-and-activity-tracker-wristband-3-600x459.jpg
  • Silca seatpack

Silca-Seat-Roll-Premio_premium-Boa-equipped-waxed-cotton-under-saddle-tool-roll_installed.jpg

That is nice. Not outragous at £45 either

http://www.alwaysriding.co.uk/for-the-r ... t-bag.html
    Ridley Helium SL (Dura-Ace/Wheelsmith Aero-dimpled 45 wheels)

Light Blue Robinson(105 +lots of Hope)

Planet X XLS 1X10(105/XTR/Miche/TRP Spyre SLC brakes

Graham Weigh 105/Ultegra
  • Silca make decent stuff, but the whole tool-roll concept is a bit shonky IMO. Sticking a Boa dial on it is hardly a technical revolution worthy of charging two or three-times more than the competition. The Lezyne Roll-Caddy and the (frankly excellent) Lezyne Road-Caddy are both <£15.
  • I wouldnt fancy having a boa wire sitting on carbon saddle rails rubbing away.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I wouldnt fancy having a boa wire sitting on carbon saddle rails rubbing away.

exactly. good idea otherwise. £45 is far too much.
  • Paul 8v
    Leyzene caddy sack for me. That way it goes in the jersey pocket and doesn't spoil the look of the bike
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Leyzene caddy sack for me. That way it goes in the jersey pocket and doesn't spoil the look of the bike

You are a Jacque Anquetil wannabe AICMFP
  • That Colnago is horrific. Why do bike manufacturers generally seem to be making their frames with weird shapes and bulging junctions. Obviously sells but looks crap IMO.
  • New Rapha socks?

Cs5SvLpWYAAhHYG?format=jpg&name=large
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

You are a Jacque Anquetil wannabe AICMFP
    Haha, I'd not seen that story before! Jacque probably wouldn't have been a fan of the saddle pack either :-)
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    New Rapha helmet developed with Giro £230

Rapha-Helmet-Black-2-120x120.jpg

Rapha-Helmet-Black-3-120x120.jpg
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,561
    You mean Giro helmet rebranded with a mark up...
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Same RRP as the regular MIPS Synthe
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • New Rapha socks?

Cs5SvLpWYAAhHYG?format=jpg&name=large

I rate those -1.5/10
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Gweeds wrote:

So I'm in the market for a road helmet as we speak.

WTF is MIPS and why is it so much pricier?
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,565
    Gweeds wrote:

So I'm in the market for a road helmet as we speak.

WTF is MIPS and why is it so much pricier?

From their blurb:

MIPS IS A REVOLUTIONARY TECHNOLOGY THAT LETS THE HELMET SLIDE RELATIVE TO THE HEAD, ADDING MORE PROTECTION AGAINST ROTATIONAL VIOLENCE TO THE BRAIN CAUSED BY ANGLED IMPACTS. TO IDENTIFY THE NEW GENERATION OF HELMETS, LOOK FOR THE LITTLE YELLOW MIPS LOGO.

MOST HELMETS ARE TESTED ONLY BY DROPPING THEM VERTICALLY ONTO A FLAT SURFACE. MIPS TECHNOLOGY IS THE HARD-EARNED RESULT OF OVER 19 YEARS OF STUDIES AND TESTING BY SOME OF THE WORLD’S LEADING RESEARCHERS AND BRAIN SURGEONS. BECAUSE WHEN YOU FALL, YOUR HEAD USUALLY HITS THE GROUND AT AN ANGLE, CREATING A ROTATIONAL FORCE THAT LEADS TO STRAIN IN THE BRAIN. WITH THE MIPS LOW FRICTION LAYER INSIDE, THE HELMET CAN ABSORB MORE OF THAT ROTATIONAL VIOLENCE, ADDING BETTER PROTECTION THAN HELMETS NOT EQUIPPED WITH MIPS.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Dav1d1 wrote:
    New Rapha helmet developed with Giro £230

Rapha-Helmet-Black-2-120x120.jpg

Rapha-Helmet-Black-3-120x120.jpg

The Foray MIPS can be had for about £60, looks similar to a synthe and is something stupid like 20g heavier.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    I think MIPS is a great idea - not saying you have to buy that one in particular, but any MIPS helmet is a good option. The Foray is on my list for sure.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver