Rio Olympic Track events *Spoilers*

Comments

• dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Laura just simply amazing! Brilliant rider inspirational to any cyclist young or old
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    I thought Vogel would die and she didn't.

Something not right about a cyclist winning after going the long way around for a lap and a half :wink:
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    JSCL wrote:
    EnacheV wrote:
    Vogel got a letter from Vino, an Astana week 3 peaking class and adjusted her crank length

Don't think it's quite fair to make those connections!

She rode well, but not superhuman.

well , normally i would have no problems but she also has a dirty mouth which makes it unforgetable

after spouting crap and riding crap she suddenly destroys everyone so i'm sorry i don't believe in 24 hours miracles
  • Who'd have thunk it!? They are delaying the news for cycling coverage. Almost as daft an idea as a British TdF winner etc
  • What a shame they are making them wear those tramps robes.

Why the hell didn`t they just buy them decent trackie tops.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    What a shame they are making them wear those tramps robes.

Why the hell didn`t they just buy them decent trackie tops.
    Is Designer innit. Just a pity they sized Laura Trott's for Chris Hoy.
  • Katy nicks the bronze. Well done girl.
    Boardman loses the plot. :)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Come on Becky, you can do this!
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    god this is tense!
  • Every member of the track cycling team has won a medal.
    Awesome.
  • slim_boy_fat
    Every track rider now with a medal. That is seriously impressive.
  • Chris thinks she can do it.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Don't think so
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,393
    Vogel repeatedly riding outside the red line
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Fair play to Becky, she fought that right to the line, never gave up. Another medal in the bank.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • EnacheV
    EnacheV Posts: 235
    so much steroids that she brokes the saddle
  • slim_boy_fat
    Thought she had it! Gutted but two silver medals is mighty impressive considering what she's been through.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Becky has to be happy with what she managed when she looks back at that, she was just bettered there.

Katy did really well securing bronze.

Well done to the pair of them.
  • Silver and bronze.
    Not bad for cannon fodder.
  • mfin
    A great night so far.
  • jscl
    The unfortunate thing for Katy & Becky is that the press will, undoubtedly, favour a big photo of Laura instead for tomorrow.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • mfin
    JSCL wrote:
    The unfortunate thing for Katy & Becky is that the press will, undoubtedly, favour a big photo of Laura instead for tomorrow.

Well, not really, they'll get plenty of exposure and what Trott has done is truly historic in terms everyone understands.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Quick word for Amalie Dideriksen in the omnium - I know they let her ride as she wasn't a threat, but 3 laps and 4 sprints to take 85 points. Outsanding from my local lass. :-D 20 years old, only here for the experience.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • jscl
    mfin wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Well, not really, they'll get plenty of exposure and what Trott has done is truly historic in terms everyone understands.

Indeed.

A successful night for us tonight. Putting the individual rider success aside, it also means great things for the next funding cycle too.
  • mfin
    Quick word for Amalie Dideriksen in the omnium - I know they let her ride as she wasn't a threat, but 3 laps and 4 sprints to take 85 points. Outsanding from my local lass. :-D 20 years old, only here for the experience.

Yes, was great to see.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,198
    Why are Aussie pit crew on the rather beefy side then?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    So, so close but one hell of an achievement having only really been back for a year. Bring on Tokyo!
  • mfin
    Come on then Kenny, complete the story for the night.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    its remarkable that in Britain we re slightly dissapointed by a silver medal now, even one that is a huge acheivement.

Trott just awesome, Becky and Katy should be véry proud and knuckle down for Tokyo.

it's a bit unpatriotic but i cant be too dissapointed Vogel one. She's a classy trackie.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    Oh no!