Rio Olympic TT (M/F) *SPOILERS*

Comments

• knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    mfin wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    Tony Martins position looks quite high to me ( the uneducated ) His hands look quite raised.

Any TT`ers thoughts ?
    Yeah, Tony Martin knows what he's doing.
    For sure . Is that a usual style of TT riding ?
    Well, not particularly, some people measure less drag with hands up more to their face. Don't get that confused with him being high up.
    Martin’s been working in the windtunnel and on the track on an altered position, whereby (as has been observed) he’s more compact, arms more angled so closer body, seat farther forward, etc. He’s also lost 3 kilo in readiness for today.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Not sure why Boardman is surprised about Froome being 20s down at the first split.

Others were less down that Froomey and he wrote them off. Froomey comes through ~20 secs behind and he's 'it's an hour of racing, there's plenty of time to make it up' ... *sigh*

d5y1qzup
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Froome had Kerrison out to survey the route and lay a split strategy. Which probably involves the usual negative splits.

Of course, if he's held back on the dry roads and needs to lay it out on the wet then that's not going to help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • HamishD
    HamishD Posts: 538
    JSCL wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    Not sure why Boardman is surprised about Froome being 20s down at the first split.

Others were less down that Froomey and he wrote them off. Froomey comes through ~20 secs behind and he's 'it's an hour of racing, there's plenty of time to make it up' ... *sigh*

d5y1qzup

My thoughts exactly!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Froome had Kerrison out to survey the route and lay a split strategy. Which probably involves the usual negative splits.

Of course, if he's held back on the dry roads and needs to lay it out on the wet then that's not going to help.

He'll also have Thomas' ride for reference?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Just me, or is Cancellara's bike really noisy?
  • jscl

That's his legs, not his bike.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Do they have radios?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Cancellara dropped a lot of time on the hilly part. No longer fastest.
  • Spartacus about to pass Phinney
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310

Do they have radios?

Apparently so. Allowed in the TT not in the RR
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Tony Martin 50 seconds down
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979

That'll be the hidden motor.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002

Do they have radios?
    Yes, apparently.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Kiry losing a minute at 2nd check
  • bobmcstuff
    Dumoulin's not having the best ride so far.
  • jscl
    adr82 wrote:

Do they have radios?
    Yes, apparently.

I'm not sure why so many teams are using megaphones too then...

Anyway, two GB riders on the podium here, maybe.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    So much for Phinney's laser focus... :lol::lol::lol:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/phinney ... ime-trial/
  • Kiry is having a stinker
  • bobmcstuff
    Froome goes through Check 2 in 5th, not brought back any more time on Dennis.
  • JSCL wrote:
    adr82 wrote:

Do they have radios?
    Yes, apparently.

I'm not sure why so many teams are using megaphones too then...

Anyway, two GB riders on the podium here, maybe.

Something was mentioned about some countries going 'old school' with the megaphones. Not sure why but it seems some don;t have radios.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Doumolin has made up some time between 1st and 2nd splits. Doing well I think.
  • jscl
    Those Nissan's don't corner very well.
  • mrfpb
    Has Thomas gone pop? Two riders have overtaken him to 3rd split.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Looks like the ditches have been filled in on the outside of the corners on the descent
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Dennis was fastest between split 1 and 2, at 13:33.50
    Dumoulin, Castroveijo and Froome the only others I can see that did it under 13:40

Canc was 13:58, Martin 14:08
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb wrote:
    Has Thomas gone pop? Two riders have overtaken him to 3rd split.

His times keep changing, must be an issue with the timing system.
  • jscl
    Good ride by Dennis this.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Castroviejo hasn't put his race number (13) on upside down. Does that count for TTs as well as bunch rides?
  • jscl
    Spartacus has smashed Dennis at the 34.6km split!!