Rio Olympics *Spoilers*

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,533
    Not much different from a Nibali car sling that.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    edited August 2016
    Froome does have a super light dogma (GCN had a look at it during the tour), maybe he wants it for the bigger hills, but didn't trust it on the cobbles?

[edit] here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSw3L46B46A&list=PLUdAMlZtaV13xg4FB8N8eMgRtVjEonQbE&index=3
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    philwint wrote:
    Froome does have a super light dogma (GCN had a look at it during the tour), maybe he wants it for the bigger hills, but didn't trust it on the cobbles?

I'm told he and G were both on K8's for the earlier stages and swapped for an F8 XLight.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    JSCL wrote:
    philwint wrote:

I'm told he and G were both on K8's for the earlier stages and swapped for an F8 XLight.

Then that pacing back was taking the p1ss
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • jscl
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    philwint wrote:

Not commenting on that.

But apparently different wheels and pressure combo's for the first parts too.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    philwint wrote:

Massively.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Is it just me who keeps thinking the Brits are French and the French are Italians?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Yeah, it does seem to be fine to tactically swap bikes and get assistance these days - it just usually occurs in TTS rather than road races.
  • Germcevoy wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    philwint wrote:

Massively.

Totes
  • The_Boy
    thegibdog wrote:
    Yeah, it does seem to be fine to tactically swap bikes and get assistance these days - it just usually occurs in TTS rather than road races.

Yeah. Some of the pushes they get in TTs these days are ridic - anything up to a hundred metres uphill seems fair game.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Germcevoy wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    philwint wrote:

Massively.

Totes

Blates.
  • TheBigBean
    Is that Cummings still on the front? I don't even care if GB win, it's just a foolish waste of talent.
  • jscl
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Is that Cummings still on the front? I don't even care if GB win, it's just a foolish waste of talent.

Welcome to racing without race radios! :)

It adds a different level...
  • salsiccia1
    TheBigBean wrote:

Damn straight. If they win it, then fair enough, but it's like GB don't know any other way to race. Not every race is a pan flat like Copenhagen.
  • TheBigBean
    JSCL wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Welcome to racing without race radios! :)

It adds a different level...

It's got nothing to do with race radios. There will be someone in Team GB that thinks this is excellent tactics.
  • jscl
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Damn straight. If they win it, then fair enough, but it's like GB don't know any other way to race. Not every race is a pan flat like Copenhagen.
    But come on... he's causing riders like Poels and others to go out the back. It's a pretty impressive ride non-the-less.
  • jscl
    Cummings pop.
  • salsiccia1
    JSCL wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

But come on... he's causing riders like Poels and others to go out the back. It's a pretty impressive ride non-the-less.

It is impressive, but the gap is 2 minutes with 80km to go, and 3 laps of a hilly circuit. Why waste arguably the rider best suited to the course and in such good form?
  • TheBigBean
    ....and that's the end of Cummings.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited August 2016
    JSCL wrote:
    Cummings pop.

I don't get the point if that, burn out a rider with 74k to go now down to 4 chances!?
  • The_Boy
    TheBigBean wrote:

You mean he's finished? Like Cav?
  • What the heck was that bang ~30 secs ago?
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • The_Boy
    FocusZing wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    Cummings pop.[/quote

I don't get the point if that, buen out a rider with 74k to go now down to 4 chances!?

3 - stannard long gone.
  • jscl
    Now we have a Russian out the front dropping everyone.

Pitchforks at the ready!
  • The_Boy
    What the heck was that bang ~30 secs ago?

Car back firing. Or a massive bomb. Or Boardman was in fact eating beans earlier.
  • TheBigBean
    The_Boy wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

You mean he's finished? Like Cav?

Just a temporary thing. He'll be back in trade colours soon riding sensibly and winning races without the hindrance of team GB tactics.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    The_Boy wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    Cummings pop.[/quote

I don't get the point if that, buen out a rider with 74k to go now down to 4 chances!?

3 - stannard long gone.

Fook, I had a beer and a consequential nap, missed that.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    So excuse my ignorance but what are/were GBs tactics in riding at the front so much. I just don't get it.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • jscl
    Dabber wrote:
    So excuse my ignorance but what are/were GBs tactics in riding at the front so much. I just don't get it.

I think Rod forgot he only had five men in total, not nine.
  • jscl
    Someone remind me of the distance G went solo at RideLondon...