Rio Olympics *Spoilers*

Comments

• kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Stannard is beasting it, as per usual. Such a machine.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    All riders compelled to use the supplied bidons... and loads jumping out. Stupid.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    I know it's not 2012, but I'm not sure I want to see the GB lads at the front just yet
  • Grantmk
    Grantmk Posts: 39
    If you're on virgin the BBC red button Olympic channels are on 561 - 578
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Nope, no good. BBC red button only works from 7pm to 5.30 am for normal SD viewers, what a complete fail by the Beeb and its only day one
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    I'm watching on red button - commentary has gone, anyone else still got commentary?
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    Nope, no good. BBC red button only works from 7pm to 5.30 am for normal SD viewers, what a complete fail by the Beeb and its only day one

Well I'm watching it on the red button on Freeview.

BBC1...press red button...wait for it to load...press blue button...select cycling...job done.

No commentary at the moment.
  • kleinstroker
    Thick Mike wrote:

BBC1...press red button...wait for it to load...press blue button...select cycling...job done.

Is that normal freeview? not a box? Just checked beebe website and confirmed only 7pm-5.30am for SD Freeview Only options I get are BBC 4 or exit
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Grantmk wrote:
    If you're on virgin the BBC red button Olympic channels are on 561 - 578

Cheers
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    The_Boy wrote:
    rich pcp wrote:
    Dumoulin climbs off, saving himself no doubt
    Was he obliged to start the road race in order to do the TT?
    Otherwise, why bother doing 10km?

Yes. Until someone tells me I'm wrong

Yeah I think Herr Forstermann (he of the massive thighs) had to start the XCO last year and literally crossed the line and got off
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Thick Mike wrote:

Is that normal freeview? not a box? Just checked beebe website and confirmed only 7pm-5.30am for SD Freeview Only options I get are BBC 4 or exit

Mine is the same. I'm watching the live feed on the iplayer. No commentary though! Anyone got commentary?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,533
    Not a fan of the red button....if I flick between cyling on DVB, cricket on Sky and then back to DVB, I find it has kindly reset itself back to BBC1. Grrrr. Just get a proper channel.
  • bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    I've had to stream it too but enjoying it a lot, stunning scenery and very 'interesting' course especially the cobbles - one of the leaders lost both his bottles back there.
  • Thick Mike
    Thick Mike Posts: 337
    Thick Mike wrote:

Mine is the same. I'm watching the live feed on the iplayer. No commentary though! Anyone got commentary?

Mine is through Humax set top box, but I've just tried the one on the to and it works too.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Bidons everywhere!!
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • kleinstroker
    Amazing how many "pro" cyclists seem to freak out when trying to fix a dropped chain
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    For the first time in many years I finally have a legal stream of the BBC

I'm watching something else though so commentary is on mute. Don't want to peak too soon...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kleinstroker
    **Specialized Bike Colour Update **

Condition YELLOW
  • Red button is working fine here - but we have a Freeview HD box, which might make a difference. There were LOTS of sports on the red button - I'd expected just one or two.

What is it with all the dropped chains? Are riders on wide cassettes with too-long chains to cope as a result?
    They use their cars as shopping baskets; they use their cars as overcoats.
  • kleinstroker
    Just to clear this up....
    Freeview SD devices will get two part-time services for the Olympics period on the Red Button: BBC RB 0 starting at 7pm and BBC RB 1, which is normally a full 24/7 service but which will be starting at 9pm during the Olympics in order to accommodate CBBC and the BBC Four extended broadcast hours.
  • TheBigBean
    I don't get modern gears. I had 9 speed 105s from back in the day. No trimming, no charging, no dopped chains and no mysterious sudden failures just gears that always worked. Evolution gets me two extra cogs, a thinner more expensive chain and lots of downsides. Yes, I'm getting old.
  • bflk
    bflk Posts: 240
    Just to clear this up....
    Freeview SD devices will get two part-time services for the Olympics period on the Red Button: BBC RB 0 starting at 7pm and BBC RB 1, which is normally a full 24/7 service but which will be starting at 9pm during the Olympics in order to accommodate CBBC and the BBC Four extended broadcast hours.

Thanks, just a bit irritating when the BBC commentator tells everyone they can now switch over to the Red Button to follow it...
  • Nice to see the Italian team car allowing their member to draft down the hill, to catch up with the peleton! :lol:
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • TheBigBean
    The leaders have 4m25s with 120km to go.
  • TheBigBean
    Echelons or cobbles or something.
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    TheBigBean wrote:

It was both :D
  • Main peleton been split apart along the final cobble stretch, after the Czechs pushed the pace.

Few rider mishaps with the standard bottles jumping out of the holders, including Porte.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • effillo
    effillo Posts: 257
    What time are we expecting this to finish? Around 8pm uk time?
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    TheBigBean wrote:

Quite an exciting race, this.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.