TdF 2016 Stage 14 *Contains spoilers*

Comments

• jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Here you go:
    vypcpvb2
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,536
    Points. Might have been closer, but for Cav's mechanical the other day.

SAGAN P.
    TNK 340 pts
    CAVENDISH M.
    DDD 278 pts
    KITTEL M.
    EQS 228 pts
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    edited July 2016
    Cnf1qKdXEAA7KXm.jpg

Updated image, due to incompetence.
  • TheBigBean
    That's not a photo of this stage! Bring back frenchfighter.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Cyclingnews live blog is talking nonsense - saying it was a photo finish when it very clearly wasn't. Missed most of it and tuned in for the sprint.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Cyclingnews live blog is talking nonsense - saying it was a photo finish when it very clearly wasn't. Missed most of it and tuned in for the sprint.
    The commissaires apparently needed to review the line camera for 3rd and 4th.

But other than that, it was pretty clear.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    pottssteve wrote:
    It was Chainring.

Nighty night. :wink:

:D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    First bit of this year I ve been able to watch, Blimey have all Cav's wins been that good???
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ddraver wrote:
    First bit of this year I ve been able to watch, Blimey have all Cav's wins been that good???
    That was the most dominant one I think.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Before this years race, 34 wins looked very unlikely. That's changed, majorly.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    ddraver wrote:
    He's been absolutely fantastic this year. Back to his brilliant best.
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    As Robbie McEwan said earlier in discussion with B&M in which he half cheekily called Cav for the win, he's not the dominant Cav of old as he's not winning by several lengths but he's that good that he's still winning.
  • above_the_cows
    FOUR!!!!!

4386.jpg?w=1920&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=e266845a8b291632bb6c08849b9e1aa0
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    I love losing in PTP when Cav wins.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I thought his win on Stage 1 had the biggest margin of victory.
  • above_the_cows
    tonyf34 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    As Robbie McEwen said earlier in discussion with B&M in which he half cheekily called Cav for the win, he's not the dominant Cav of old as he's not winning by several lengths but he's that good that he's still winning.

I was thinking during that discussion with McEwen whether Cav was that dominant 2009-2012 because he was just amazing or because everyone else was a bit rubbish, he didn't have a challenger. That isn't to criticise Cav but Greipel was not racing the Tour then, Kittel wasn't around, Kristoff hadn't appeared. Who did Cav have as competition back then? Hushovd?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Me too.

I keep thinking Kittel is going to find his Giro dominance, or Cav's track training is going to catch up with him on the long stages or after he pyrenees - but it hasn't happened.
  • above_the_cows
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Good man. Not that I'm playing PTP this year but whenever I picked him he lost. So it seems it works for others. I also turn my TV off because if I don't watch the sprint, he wins.
  • TheBigBean
    OCDuPalais wrote:

Good man. Not that I'm playing PTP this year but whenever I picked him he lost. So it seems it works for others. I also turn my TV off because if I don't watch the sprint, he wins.

I'm struggling to reconcile this with your signature.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    Hard to see Cav dropping out the Tour now. One more win this year and the record is really on the cards.
  • above_the_cows
    TheBigBean wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:

I'm struggling to reconcile this with your signature.

:lol::lol::lol:

As an empiricist though I do feel like it is worthy of further investigation.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    His 4th shock win of this Tour
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    andyp wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I thought his win on Stage 1 had the biggest margin of victory.

Yeah, my recollection was that was his most comfortable win in a long while.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    Can I officially lodge the comment "he's finished!" to be retrospectively applied to the point at which people agree was actually the point at which it seems he was finished?
    Thanks.
  • FocusZing
    Inspired decision for dimensions data to sign Cav.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    FocusZing wrote:
    Inspired decision for dimensions data to sign Cav.

Would love to see Dan Martin there.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • FocusZing
    CnfkfNDWIAAgXNE.jpg

@simongerrans now
    My new hardware... The surgery went as well as we could hope. Now it's time to put a plan in place.
  • above_the_cows
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Can I officially lodge the comment "he's finished!" to be retrospectively applied to the point at which people agree was actually the point at which it seems he was finished?
    Thanks.

I thought it was just referring to him crossing the line. :wink:
  • tonyf34
    tonyf34 Posts: 194
    tonyf34 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    As Robbie McEwen said earlier in discussion with B&M in which he half cheekily called Cav for the win, he's not the dominant Cav of old as he's not winning by several lengths but he's that good that he's still winning.

I was thinking during that discussion with McEwen whether Cav was that dominant 2009-2012 because he was just amazing or because everyone else was a bit rubbish, he didn't have a challenger. That isn't to criticise Cav but Greipel was not racing the Tour then, Kittel wasn't around, Kristoff hadn't appeared. Who did Cav have as competition back then? Hushovd?
    Well Hushovd won the first stage in '08 and won the Green in 09, Oscar Freire nicked his last grand tour victory in '08 in the 2nd stage though was at the back end of his career but still won Green that year, Steegmans won the final stage that year.

I think there were still plenty for Cav to worry about before Griepel et al Hush was bigger than AG at his peak. Maybe teams are more organised now than when Cav first came to the fore?
  • FocusZing
    Cnf5F33WcAAattf.jpg