EU Referendum (Serious...ish)

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Doomed... Dooomed!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I've just seen the amount of tea, coffee and sugar in the locked cupboard at work. There's enough in there to sink a battleship, I think they are expecting major supply problems come Friday if we vote out.
    Someone thinks we get most of our tea and coffee from the EU? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Someone thinks we get most of our tea and coffee from the EU? :)
    It gets looked after by the warehouse mob, some could be described as a few sandwiches short of a toolbox.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Whichever way the British people vote, will result in us all getting f**ked in the a$$.
    The difference is whether we get violated dry (leave) or with lube (stay in)
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Whichever way the British people vote, will result in us all getting f**ked in the a$$.
    A fairly accurate analogy I think.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rockmonkeysc
    PBlakeney wrote:
    A fairly accurate analogy I think.

I have quite a way with words sometimes.
  • Thewaylander
    What ever happens, most of the E.U. think we are a bigger bunch of nobs than they did before. Which is amazing as most people thought the British were a fairly humongous set of nobs as it was.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,579
    What ever happens, most of the E.U. think we are a bigger bunch of nobs than they did before. Which is amazing as most people thought the British were a fairly humongous set of nobs as it was.

Sad, but true I fear.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • tubaonwheels
    tubaonwheels Posts: 448
    My Mum's 89 and she voted In!!!

Well actually I sorted her postal vote for her as she said ''just vote Labour for me''
    So that's 3 in votes from over 60's in our (extended) household :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Like we care...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Like we care...
    Start off as we mean to go on.
    :shock:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Like we care...
    Start off as we mean to go on.
    :shock:
    Eh? That's completely the British way! People have thought we're nobs for the last 1,000 years and we've just said "Meh. Whatevs".
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • thekickingmule
    Well, our poll was wrong to say the least.

What are people's views now? I can tell you first and foremost, the world is still spinning. We haven't died, and Armageddon isn't upon us, so you're ok there.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    No our poll was right - the sample who wanted made their point.

Me - I don't care; the one that counts - who is 12 is still sleeping!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • wilberforce
    wilberforce Posts: 295
    The worst part of the Leave vote is not economical, immigration, blah blah it is the fact that we are going to have to endure even more of that Farage bloke on our TVs.
  • thekickingmule
    The way I see it is that he's effectively made his job redundant. He was the head of the Independence Party. Once we're independent, we won't need him!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pblakeney
    The way I see it is that he's effectively made his job redundant. He was the head of the Independence Party. Once we're independent, we won't need him!
    He is/was already redundant.
    No need for him to be in the media at all.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • kyle17290
    kyle17290 Posts: 261
    Think it says it all with most LONDON boroughs voting remain.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    The worst part of the Leave vote is not economical, immigration, blah blah it is the fact that we are going to have to endure even more of that Farage bloke on our TVs.

I agree, I wanted to stay but am optimistic that leaving does give us new choices, but there are gonna be some proper cnuts like Farage jumping on the bandwagon thinking that they are something special
  • pblakeney
    edited June 2016
    JGTR wrote:

I agree, I wanted to stay but am optimistic that leaving does give us new choices, but there are gonna be some proper cnuts like Farage jumping on the bandwagon thinking that they are something special
    But isn't Farage just like a football player subbed as his team are losing and then they win? (John Terry like).
    ie, better without him. Please get shot, or at least remind him of this. Constantly.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Thewaylander
    Properly worrying the split of old version young..

Bank shares are falling, GBP and euro diving.. markets all over interesting times
  • thekickingmule
    The currency will sort itself out soon enough. It hasn't dropped as much as some predicted (the reason it dropped so far is because it was raised by people 'betting' on a Remain win, pushing it up to $1.50, meaning it fell further than if it had just been on the $1.46 it had been on). Pretty sure the markets will recover soon enough.

Facebook is pointless, I honestly would believe we'd just condemned ourselves to death. There's now a call for a second election... I'm not sure these people understand a democratic process. "We'll vote until we get what we want!"

Scotland's the biggest worry. That could fark everything up.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Thewaylander
    And northern Ireland
  • kyle17290
    Properly worrying the split of old version young..

Bank shares are falling, GBP and euro diving.. markets all over interesting times

That would be all these young university kids. The peace and love, idealist ones. I saw one with a sign saying im not British im European???!!!!

Best out of 3 on the remain/leave referendum??? Democracy at its finest!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Clq7LmNWkAQ5GA1.jpg:large
    As it's going to take a few years by the time we sort it all out and leave there is a good chance that there are more people alive that voted to stay in than there are that voted to leave.
  • kyle17290
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Clq7LmNWkAQ5GA1.jpg:large
    As it's going to take a few years by the time we sort it all out and leave there is a good chance that there are more people alive that voted to stay in than there are that voted to leave.

So once you reach a certain age your vote becomes less important/valid because the repercussion/result effects you for a lesser time. I thought one of the EU's value was equality etc.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    And northern Ireland
    Hello. We're currently experiencing difficulty processing your request as we're all in France cheering on the boys.
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Well, that's British manufacturing screwed.
    My job (along with 309 others) will be moved to Germany by the end of the year.
    So much for protecting UK jobs. All it's done is saved the eastern European workers travelling all the way over here by forcing businesses who rely on imports and exports to reconsider whether the UK is the right place to be.
    Never mind, I've got a few shares to keep me going a while. I wonder how the stock markets are doing.....
  • kyle17290
    Well, that's British manufacturing screwed.
    My job (along with 309 others) will be moved to Germany by the end of the year.
    So much for protecting UK jobs. All it's done is saved the eastern European workers travelling all the way over here by forcing businesses who rely on imports and exports to reconsider whether the UK is the right place to be.
    Never mind, I've got a few shares to keep me going a while. I wonder how the stock markets are doing.....

I hear theres a job at downing street going if your interested??
  • rockmonkeysc
    I heard it's going to some posh bellend called Boris.
    World leaders with bad hair have never been a good thing. Hitler, Putin, Kim Jong Ill, Kim Jong Un, Gordon Brown, Atilla the Hun, Thatcher and soon Trump.