Giro 16 - Stage 20 ***Spoilers***

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Was that grouse bike I saw near the back of the group or was there another Jumbo I was missing?

edit: nah, tons of 'em at the front.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Anything special about Nieve's rear mech? Three close-ups so far - or just arty direction
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    adr82 wrote:
    How many Columbians are riding in today's stage? Just wondering about the possibilities for a Chaves meta-team.
    Uran and Atapuma at least. The latter is up the road in the break today, and Uran already said yesterday he'll try to help Chaves if he gets the opportunity.
    Atapuma is definitely up for helping out it seems: https://twitter.com/faustocoppi60/statu ... 05952?s=09
  • specialgueststar
    specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
    can't believe I've bagged a whole afternoon to watch this and got 2 bottles of Gigondas to help me and an Italian cheese board - play the law of averages and the good days come :wink:
  • adr82
    Bit of an acceleration from Tinkoff there, has thinned out that big bunch considerably
  • adr82
    Nieve looks like he's taking it easy on the descent, he's lost 30s to the chasing group since the top.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Given the lead he now has in the mountains classification it probably makes sense to rejoin the group.

Stealing from Dan Lloyd on Twitter, before the Lombarda:
    Nieve 145
    Cunego 134
    Denifl 108
    Atapuma 96
    Viscopnti 61
    Lopez 54
  • adr82
    edited May 2016
    Valverde pretending to read his paper was funny :

Edit: video here: https://twitter.com/GazetteDesSport/sta ... 5046746112
  • adr82
    Leaders are onto the last big climb
  • adr82
    Dombrowski attacks the break, only Atapuma with him at the moment. Visconti chasing. A few km to the start of the climb for the GC group.
  • The_Boy
    The Lamprays planning on doing some work for their compatriots?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    PW_T20_S03_Lombarda-1.jpg
  • adr82
    GC group starting the climb now...
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    what a massive letdown. Thought we might see a stage like yesterday, but all a bit lacklustre so far.
  • adr82
    Taaramae, Kangert and Nieve rejoin the 3 leaders... until Atapuma starts attacking again

GC group down to around 20 courtesy of Astana
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Take it theres time bonuses up for grabs too?

In which case Chaves will be happy with a break?

Come on Chaves and SK!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • adr82
    Taaramae out on his own with ~3k to the top, Atapuma/Visconti/Dombrowski attacking each other behind. Kangert looks like he's been told to sit up and wait.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Kom op man, aanvallen.
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Go the Nibaliza!
  • adr82
    Finally Scarponi is done, Nibali attacking with Chaves and Valverde following. About 5k to the top for them.
  • The_Boy
    Chaves cracks!
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Nibali attacks, Kruijswijk distanced. Chaves distanced now too.
  • The_Boy
    or was it just a gear skipping?
  • adr82
    He's dropped them both!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,447
    Nibali wins the Giro right here...
  • The_Boy
    valverde dropping chaves now too.
  • adr82
    edited May 2016
    Chaves really struggling

Kangert presumably not too far away for Nibali
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    What a surprise, and people questioned what Froome was on!
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • The_Boy
    valverde being there might help chaves if he can hold on. Not certain that Nibs takes enough time.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,249
    Proper GC racing