Tour of Yorkshire *spoiler*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    He's the only rider most people recognise and want to see.

Anyway, your correspondent is in a village which successfully lobbied after the route was announced to divert the race through their village.

Reportages will follow.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Let's not forget of course that Friday was yet another jumbo win in 2016...I think that makes it 3 this year. and it's still only April.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    Just seen pictures from the start of the womens race. Some of those girls are hard as nails. Bib shorts and no gloves???
  • Can we just revisit the OP, where Rick does his best "Southerner holed up in Yorkshire" routine.

Those things you see on people's faces are "smiles", Mr Chasey, don't think they have them in that there Big Smoke ;)
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,172
    Allez Mark wrote:
    Just seen pictures from the start of the womens race. Some of those girls are hard as nails. Bib shorts and no gloves???

It's quite warm in Otley in the sun, some were in short-sleeves too
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    AND STILL NO TV COVERAGE OF THE LADIES!! Wonder what the issue is?
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,399
    Tipping it down this side of the pennines!
  • Was just thinking the same thing.

Meant to be on Eurosport as well but nope !
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • neonriver
    neonriver Posts: 228
    johnboy183 wrote:
    AND STILL NO TV COVERAGE OF THE LADIES!! Wonder what the issue is?

Plane used to relay feed has been grounded, trying to get a replacement helicopter up.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Nicole Cooke is currently writing a rant about how the Wright Brothers destroyed her career.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • neonriver
    RichN95 wrote:
    Nicole Cooke is currently writing a rant about how the Wright Brothers destroyed her career.

Not that far from truth some weird ranting on Twitter about how unprofessional it was not to have a back up plane on standby. Think some of these people have no clue how to organise races and the costs involved
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,399
    Some people are just idiots...
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    Does anyone know what the weather is going to be today?
    Because I look at the Met Office website, plan what I'm going to that day, only for the forecast will be completely and utterly wrong.
    Those at the MetOffice with their £97000000 super computer keep on changing the forecast on their website several times a day. Money well spent?
    I'd prefer it if they were honest and said they dont have a clue, than cover up the mistakes on their website.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Sophie Smith Verified account  ‏@SophieSmith86 · 22s23 seconds ago

Hopeful we will have helicopter footage of the last 15km of #WTDY .
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • neonriver
    As an aside the shitstorm that will be on Twitter when they're able to show the men's stage live will be fun
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Off to Sutton Bank on Sunday,bit of a brutal climb plenty of trucks get stuck on it every year 25%,no caravans allowed,then back home to Scarborough to watch the finish

Anyone doing the sportive on Monday a really lovely route,a few stiff climbs on the way as well,really nice feature on it a couple of months ago in Cycling Plus
  • rick_chasey
    Gorgeous weather here.

Pics to follow.
  • rick_chasey
    Whole village has come out. Massive party atmosphere. Screen up, bbq going. Music. Everyone dressed up.
  • rick_chasey
    Just started raining!!!
  • FCE2007
    FCE2007 Posts: 962
    VIRB0087_Moment4.jpg

Elizabeth doing what she does.

Birkin, North Yorkshire.