Comments

• Did you try it Germcevoy ?
  • germcevoy
    germcevoy Posts: 414
    Did you try it Germcevoy ?

Not due to be delivered until tomorrow.
  • germcevoy
    No time to get my fit dialled in yet but I think I'll be OK. Saddle height in photo is a chunk too high.

20160113_200521_zpsy5qnymyw.jpg
  • OJS
    OJS Posts: 130
    Nice one. I had a 54 supersix and it was too big.

Can you put a photo up once you have got the saddle height right? I'm pretty much the same size as you. And id be interested in seeing what the drop looks like. I may pick a frameset up myself!

Enjoy!
  • germcevoy
    Nice one. I had a 54 supersix and it was too big.

Can you put a photo up once you have got the saddle height right? I'm pretty much the same size as you. And id be interested in seeing what the drop looks like. I may pick a frameset up myself!

Enjoy!

Sure. Check back same time tomorrow.
  • that's a lot of spacers!
  • 52. I'm 183cm and would ride a 54

I'm 179cm and would ride a 56 with a 80mm stem, Just my preference.
    The 56 with no spacers and a shorter stem will be the same as the 54 with 15mm of spacers.
    Being not particularly flexible I prefer the extra stack but vanity prevents me from riding with too many spacers!
  • germcevoy
    edited January 2016
    that's a lot of spacers!

That's just how it was set up out of the box. I shouldn't need that many in reality.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    52. I'm 183cm and would ride a 54

The 56 with no spacers and a shorter stem will be the same as the 54 with 15mm of spacers.
    Being not particularly flexible I prefer the extra stack but vanity prevents me from riding with too many spacers!

Can't help thinking that an 80mm stem on a 56 means the frame is simply too big for you. The standard stem on a 56 is 110mm. At 183cm I find a 56 to be just right with a 120mm stem.

Can't help thinking that an 80mm stem on a 56 means the frame is simply too big for you. The standard stem on a 56 is 110mm. At 183cm I find a 56 to be just right with a 120mm stem.

No, the frame would be exactly the correct size if I used a 80mm stem. I would also benefit from less toe over-lap. I have long legs and shorter torso.
  • germcevoy
    Saddle height nearly set (forgot to adjust for longer crank length so will need to come down a little more). 44cm centre to centre bar width on a 52 frame! At least 4cm too wide for me so new bars required. And tape to go with it.

The outer cable management up front is pretty crap too. The FD cable seems too short so it pulls the bars to the left and causes the barrel adjuster to snag on the other cables. Pretty shit. At least it's 2 problems I can get sorted at once and gives me a chance to ditch the mank white cables good and early.

Black or green?

I haven't touched the spacers yet as I can't take the bike out for a spin (snowing) and I may as well wait until I get the new bars.

20160114_191049_zpsnf4l0ewk.jpg
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Whats your centre of bb to saddle measurement ?
    Im about an inch shorter than you and on the same frame my saddle is loads lower.
    Inside leg is similar although depending on how you measure it difference can be large (How do you measure inside leg ? Is there a common consensus ? do you measure right to the floor ? how hard/high do you choose to push it in to your crotch ?)
    My bars were way too wide too and swapped out quick, went up to a 10cm stem to.
    Nice colourway.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • germcevoy
    Whats your centre of bb to saddle measurement ?
    Im about an inch shorter than you and on the same frame my saddle is loads lower.
    Inside leg is similar although depending on how you measure it difference can be large (How do you measure inside leg ? Is there a common consensus ? do you measure right to the floor ? how hard/high do you choose to push it in to your crotch ?)
    My bars were way too wide too and swapped out quick, went up to a 10cm stem to.
    Nice colourway.

I'm still not certain the saddle height is spot on so I'll not give any measurements.Inside leg was measured to floor but wouldn't have pushed too much into crotch so give or take a centimetre.
  • galatzo
    Cheers
    Its just a bit of seatpost envy thats all as we`d all like a longer one :P
  • germcevoy
    Cheers
    Its just a bit of seatpost envy thats all as we`d all like a longer one :P

It looks tall to me but it's a much smaller frame than what I usually ride so to be expected.
  • MikeBrew
    Hate to say it, and I definitely don't want to p*ss on anybody's parade, but that saddle height looks all wrong. The Dale's geometry is fairly "traditional"(non compact) in the sense have a pretty horizontal/level/non-sloping top tube and so are not designed to run an acre of seat post, as is the norm for many compact frame designs.
    If that saddle extension is for real, I think I'd be thinking about talking very nicely to the retailer about an exchange for the next size up, whilst it's still all shiny and new. :|

USAPC6_pic2.jpg

even Sagan's running a fairly small amount of seat post in this picture. On a Synapse,with it's altogether different geometry(and sloping TT), he ran a LOT more.

05-IMG_1545.jpg
  • germcevoy
    Hate to say it, and I definitely don't want to p*ss on anybody's parade, but that saddle height looks all wrong. The Dale's geometry is fairly "traditional"(non compact) in the sense have a pretty horizontal/level/non-sloping top tube and so are not designed to run an acre of seat post, as is the norm for many compact frame designs.
    If that saddle extension is for real, I think I'd be thinking about talking very nicely to the retailer about an exchange for the next size up, whilst it's still all shiny and new. :|

even Sagan's running a fairly small amount of seat post in this picture. On a Synapse,with it's altogether different geometry(and sloping TT), he ran a LOT more.

The saddle is due to come down a bit. An inch of snow has prevented me from doing anything on it (no turbo trainer to try it on either). I'm confident enough that it will fit. The perils of not being able to try before buying. I'm confident that the bike will fit fine.

Sagan is at least 4cm taller than me and looks to be on a 54cm frame there. I tend not to take fit pointers from pro's either as their setups tend to be extreme.

A 54 may have been perfect for me but in truth I think I lie in between 2 frame sizes and rule of thumb would state to go for the smaller.
  • MikeBrew
    I'm not following your logic here :
    Germcevoy wrote:
    Sagan is at least 4cm taller than me and looks to be on a 54cm frame there. I tend not to take fit pointers from pro's either as their setups tend to be extreme

That was pretty much my point, Pro's do tend to ride extreme setups (i.e. often the smallest frame they can), and ,in-spite of that, Sagan is running considerably less seat post, ergo your setup -as pictured- is more extreme than that of a Pro on the same frame...
    I think Sagan is 183cm, so 10cm North of your height, so even if he was on 54cm one might expect he'd be running a longer seat post than yourself.
  • germcevoy
    I'm not following your logic here :
    Germcevoy wrote:
    Sagan is at least 4cm taller than me and looks to be on a 54cm frame there. I tend not to take fit pointers from pro's either as their setups tend to be extreme

That was pretty much my point, Pro's do tend to ride extreme setups (i.e. often the smallest frame they can), and ,in-spite of that, Sagan is running considerably less seat post, ergo your setup -as pictured- is more extreme than that of a Pro on the same frame...
    I think Sagan is 183cm, so 10cm North of your height, so even if he was on 54cm one might expect he'd be running a longer seat post than yourself.

My only point is that he is taller than me and he's riding a larger frame than me. I'm not sure what that proves. Anyway, weren't Sagans Evo frames all custom size?

I haven't had the time to set the bike up yet and know already that the saddle should be coming down by around 0.5cm (possibly even a little more). That seems about right.
  • According to this he didn't ride stock Cannondale frame sizes anyway.

Peter Sagan doesn’t ride a stock size frame. The Evo is made up of four individual monocoque pieces: the head/down/top tubes, the bottom bracket/seat tubes, and the two chainstay/dropout/seatstay assemblies. Sagan, who is 184cm tall (just a touch over 6ft) has a 54cm seat tube section joined to a 58cm top tube section. The idea, of course, is to get a low and stretched ride position for improved aerodynamics. The rider, as opposed to the bike and other equipment, is responsible the vast majority of all the drag working against you on a bike, hence Sagan’s desire for a ride position that’s as efficient as possible

But then we're not pro's haha. Thinking of pulling plug on one of those HM frames at Pauls in 56 this time.
  • germcevoy
    The proof will be in the riding so hopefuly the snow lifts this weekend. If it doesn't work out I can always flog the frameset for a 54.
  • MikeBrew
    Thinking of pulling plug on one of those HM frames at Pauls in 56 this time
    You should ! I'm quietly hoping that they sell out of 56's before I succumb to the urge to have one....Err... Plug or trigger ?
  • germcevoy
    Saddle closer to reality though it will come down a little more once I get on it with my cycling shoes. Still snowed in ffs.

20160115_140929_zps271grhop.jpg
  • galatzo
    Sill longer than mine :(

I could probably have had a 50 tbh though.
  • Thinking of pulling plug on one of those HM frames at Pauls in 56 this time
    You should ! I'm quietly hoping that they sell out of 56's before I succumb to the urge to have one....Err... Plug or trigger ?

Tried that with a 54. Ran into cash. Bought the damned thing. I regret nothing, it's bloody amazing.
  • germcevoy
    Finally got out for a spin today. Love it. Frame size is bang on but I'll need a much longer stem to stretch out a bit. I think the stock stem is only 80 or 90cm. Wider bars also need swapped out. I rode it with all the spacers as they are in the photos above and found it way too upright so I'll be getting at least 2cm worth out of there for the next ride.
  • galatzo
    I run a 10cm stem and 40 ctoc bars on mine with the saddle right back.
    Had a good run out on mine yesterday too and loved it.
    The Ksyrium Elites I have on now really complete the biike for me.
    (mines a Supersix evo racing Sram in a 52)
    It was a bit of a spurr or the moment purchase for me last August bank holiday when Wheelies had a code offer on sale bikes and I wasn`t enthused to get out much so I thought throw some money at see if that helps and it has. Spring can`t come quick enough !
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    The age old Supersix fit debate. Either they fit like a glove or take a lot of fettling before being moved on.

I am 5'9 and would love to buy a 56cm hi-mod, run 165 cranks as short legs, pop and inline seat post and make her fly. I bought a 54cm evo back in Summer 2013 and the minute I saw it being built in the stand, I knew it was too small. Gutted, but you live and learn....!
  • germcevoy
    The age old Supersix fit debate. Either they fit like a glove or take a lot of fettling before being moved on.

I am 5'9 and would love to buy a 56cm hi-mod, run 165 cranks as short legs, pop and inline seat post and make her fly. I bought a 54cm evo back in Summer 2013 and the minute I saw it being built in the stand, I knew it was too small. Gutted, but you live and learn....!

I panicked when I originally out the seat post in but I'm happy now. Still quite a bit to change when you consider I need new bars, stem and would prefer to go back to shorter cranks.