My Man 2016

12346»

Comments

• No. Anything that is a comment on a rider with Sky not doing well, is not driven by 'any excuse for a dig at Sky'

Stop responding like an adolescent girl who's crying cos someone's mean about their fav boy band
  • No. Anything that is a comment on a rider with Sky not doing well, is not driven by 'any excuse for a dig at Sky'

Stop responding like an adolescent girl who's crying cos someone's mean about their fav boy band

No, that isn't what it is. It's a comment about Sky ruining him:

"RR - Make him a nobody...
    RC - I was very happy with him at Quickstep. Wish he had never moved to Sky..."

When in reality he's had arguably his joint 2nd best season for results stature wise and struggled with illness and injury like I said.

http://www.skysports.com/cycling/news/1 ... ued-season
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    Let's remember he's only 26. So if you take those procyclingstats and remove 2009 (when he was 19) then this year has been well below average and his worst year since he stepped up by signing for QuickStep in 2012. He's clearly struggling at the moment - 2016 is well down on racedays and race kms.

The context for my comment is that I clearly said that as 'my man' he was on probation due to the move to Sky. I didn't think it would be good for him. There is a particular type of rider that seems to do well there, and there is another sort of rider that doesn't...
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Let's remember he's only 26. So if you take those procyclingstats and remove 2009 (when he was 19) then this year has been well below average and his worst year since he stepped up by signing for QuickStep in 2012. He's clearly struggling at the moment - 2016 is well down on racedays and race kms.

The context for my comment is that I clearly said that as 'my man' he was on probation due to the move to Sky. I didn't think it would be good for him. There is a particular type of rider that seems to do well there, and there is another sort of rider that doesn't...

I accept your context, but it's not fair for the assumption that Sky have made him a nobody, he himself has said he had injury and illness problems. Sky are paying him huge money and would 100% wanted him to have raced more this season, but they are smart enough, that when a rider is injured or ill they won't force him to race.
  • What's all this bringing stats to a My Man debate?

Something doesn't 'feel' right with Kwiato, and as Dish's My Man, that's all the facts needed to say so.

Context?! In a My Man thread? Have a word with yourself...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    :lol::lol:
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    What's all this bringing stats to a My Man debate?

Something doesn't 'feel' right with Kwiato, and as Dish's My Man, that's all the facts needed to say so.

Context?! In a My Man thread? Have a word with yourself...

Could be worse. You could try putting forward stats to Brexiteers in The Cake Stop. Utter f*cking morons.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    Well it's not quite a stat, but the fact I didn't see Tankink much in the classics, let alone getting dramatic cramp on camera trying to chase a Cancellara attack (about 5 seconds after the pic below) has me wavering.
    get-pic.php?repID=20113139&picID=147319&t=thumb
  • trananha91
    trananha91 Posts: 3
    edited October 2016
    I thought about doing a FF memorial squad. Unfortunately, according to forum 'search' there over 600 'my men' in his posts.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Learn Vietnamese online( free for all bikeradar's members ):
    Lession 1: nho ninh thuận
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,702
    trananha91 wrote:
    I thought about doing a FF memorial squad. Unfortunately, according to forum 'search' there over 600 'my men' in his posts.

So how do you know who FF is when you only joined this month?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    dish_dash wrote:
    Adam Hansen - 16 consecutive GTs and counting... the man is a legend.
    Sep Vanmarcke - Nearly, nearly... I'm not convinced by the Cannondale move but let's see...
    Joaquim “Purito” Rodriguez - Ach... it's not been a great year but I'll be sad to see him go. Will be interesting to see if he does move into management at Bahrain-Merida...
    Alexander Kristoff - He's missing Il Gerva but hasn't done badly. There or there abouts...
    Michal Kwiatkowski (on probation due to the Sky move) - Well... E3 and that was it. Sky have done what I thought they would.
    Toms Skujinš - Showing potential. Another ToC win and a seemingly level head...
    Esteban Chaves - My man... he's done brilliantly!
    Svein Tuft - Love this guy... 39 and keeps going...
    Andriy Grivko - GC at La Mediterraneenne and another year as a loyal domestique.

Purito's off if he isn't racing... while Sep and Kwiat have the winter for me to make up my mind... Potentially three spaces up for grabs!

Nice little piece on my man Toms:

http://www.velonews.com/2016/11/news/to ... ger_425165