Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of LVG??

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Maybe Moyes didn't get rid of enough back room staff.

RM have won more European trophies than any other club in Europe.

Man U, total debt: $569m
    RM: $165m

http://www.givemesport.com/446556-top-10-clubs-with-the-most-debt-in-world-football/page/11
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,775
    My GOD man! Thats my whole bl00dy point! LVG is useless and should not be at UTD!!!
    Please try to make your points easier to follow then.
    Who would you like that you can realistically get that would make a meaningful difference?
    I doubt you will get Pep.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Matthew & Pinno, I do find your claims amusing. Do you actually ever listen to any other football rumours other than those which concern utd?? Because if you did you would see that every football club has players who make mistakes, have affairs, go bankrupt, gamble. Most people in life experience some of these misfortunes.
    You sound like Utd are the only club with those problems! If you are so naive to believe that then I pity you but will not debate any longer as your footballing knowledge is clearly limited or you are so obsessed with criticising utd that you refuse to accept reality.

Man utd are big in the far east that is true. You can hardly blame the supporters there for not knowing too much about the history of the club though.

If you are going on terms of finance then Real might be number one, but that doesn't represent the fan base, which (like it or not) man utd have more than any other club.

Also, Yes man utd do have debt. But it is manageable debt. They are probably the best run club in the world, along with Bayern & (hurts me to say) the Arse.

Oh and don't forget that Real Madrid might be classed at the moment at number 1 because of the finances, but don't forget they were bailed out by the government back in the early 00's! Not only did they have their debt wiped out, they were also built a state of the art training ground by the council!
    Without this they would not be in the position they are now in.
    They really are the Lloyd's bank of football.
  • pinno
    Matthew & Pinno...rant...the ars*.

Oh and don't forget that Real Madrid might be classed at the moment at number 1 because of the finances, but don't forget they were bailed out by the government back in the early 00's! Not only did they have their debt wiped out, they were also built a state of the art training ground by the council!
    Without this they would not be in the position they are now in.
    They really are the Lloyd's bank of football.

Actually, that's not quite true. The structure of Spanish football is quite different to the UK.

I recall the headline 'Little Osasuna: giant killers" when they knocked Rangers out of the CL all because the naive British Press thought that a club's size could be judged by the stadium capacity (then 18,000). Osasuna had established a youth academy by the early sixties - way ahead of Rangers.
    The Spanish FA will pay 50% of the costs of building youth facilities and pay 50% of youth wages by means of a grant, not loan. The youth academies in Spain are also upheld by minimum fee release clauses and mandatory protected contracts for under 21's. This way (unlike Britain) whilst a club may not retain the player, the club will retain the value of that player if sold to a bigger club. That money is then re-invested and no one holds their arms up saying that youth development is often pointless and costly for smaller clubs. This is key to the recent success of Spain internationally, it isn't by default.

In that respect, the RM's, Barca's and Valencia's feed the whole system and whilst one may argue that the whole division is dominated by two teams, there is a massive filter down effect coupled with direct financial backing by the Spanish FA. Quite a different culture and ethic to the UK. Clubs in the UK go to the wall whilst the English and Scottish FA stand back and blame poor administration. That does not happen in Spain.
    I will say that the loans by the FA to clubs in the UK at way below loans payable to businesses at rates of around and below 2% interest is extra-ordinary and coupled with TV rights, is funding the bubble of the Premier League. Some may argue (Alan Sugar) that this as a business model is unsustainable.

Back to Man U, Fuggle often interfered with players on international duty. Scholes was embarrassingly pathetic in an England shirt along with quite a few others and I do not think that is isn't coincidence since Fuggle's retirement that the England squad are doing much better now that the cloud has been lifted off the PL.
  • redvision
    Pinno wrote:

Back to Man U, Fuggle often interfered with players on international duty. Scholes was embarrassingly pathetic in an England shirt along with quite a few others and I do not think that is isn't coincidence since Fuggle's retirement that the England squad are doing much better now that the cloud has been lifted off the PL.

Mate are you seriously blaming Englands failures on Fergie??
    I thought i had heard it all but that is a new one!

Englands form has improved?? I know they won 10 out of 10 in the qualifiers, but they were against mickey mouse teams. The Euros is such an easy tournament to qualify for now (since Mr Platini made the changes to increase the numbers to 24) England should be dominating the qualification group given the players at their disposal.

But this opens a whole new debate. I love England but i for one do not see why clubs are expected to release players for the National side. Don't get me wrong, i represented my country at youth level and it was the proudest moment of my life. BUT these players are all top players and their salaries are paid by their clubs. They do not belong to England, they belong to the clubs. If a player picks up a serious injury the club gets minimal comp from the FA, so why oh why do people criticise clubs when they refuse to release players?? Especially for pathetic pointless international friendlies?!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,509
    Quite an involved debate here chaps. I just enjoy it when the Chelsea fans visiting Old Trafford sing 'We'll race you back to London' to the Manure fans :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:

Back...the PL.

Mate....

But this opens a whole new debate. I love England but i for one do not see why clubs are expected to release players for the National side. Don't get me wrong, i represented my country at youth level and it was the proudest moment of my life. BUT these players are all top players and their salaries are paid by their clubs. They do not belong t..o England, they belong to the clubs. If a player picks up a serious injury the club gets minimal comp from the FA, so why oh why do people criticise clubs when they refuse to release players?? Especially for pathetic pointless international friendlies?!!

Precisely the attitude that underlines the fact that England last won a major tournament nearly 50 years ago.
  • redvision
    Pinno wrote:

Back...the PL.

Mate....

But this opens a whole new debate. I love England but i for one do not see why clubs are expected to release players for the National side. Don't get me wrong, i represented my country at youth level and it was the proudest moment of my life. BUT these players are all top players and their salaries are paid by their clubs. They do not belong t..o England, they belong to the clubs. If a player picks up a serious injury the club gets minimal comp from the FA, so why oh why do people criticise clubs when they refuse to release players?? Especially for pathetic pointless international friendlies?!!

Precisely the attitude that underlines the fact that England last won a major tournament nearly 50 years ago.

But is international football the pinnacle anymore??
    Players are owned by the clubs, why should they risk their assets??

England haven't won a major tournament for various reasons but you cannot blame that on the clubs.
  • redvision
    My GOD man! Thats my whole bl00dy point! LVG is useless and should not be at UTD!!!
    Who would you like that you can realistically get that would make a meaningful difference?

Well i thought i had. Ok, have gotten a bit side tracked with various aspects.

Basically i think UTD need to get rid of LVG as fast as possible.
    Who would do a better job? Well first of all to clarify what i mean by a better job, they would nned to bring the attacking positive football that is Man UTD.

Personally i would love to see Ancelotti there. Guardiola would also be awesome but i cannot see him leaving Bayern yet if i'm honest.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

Who would do a better job? Well first of all to clarify what i mean by a better job, they would nned to bring the attacking positive football that is Man UTD.

Personally i would love to see Ancelotti there. Guardiola would also be awesome but i cannot see him leaving Bayern yet if i'm honest.

Ancelotti? Would he not find it an anti climax going to Utd after Madrid. Mind you, he could view it as a massive payday, a bit like European players going to the US at the end of their careers.
  • redvision

Ancelotti? Would he not find it an anti climax going to Utd after Madrid. Mind you, he could view it as a massive payday, a bit like European players going to the US at the end of their careers.

:lol:
    So funny :roll:

The most successful club in England & the biggest club in the world. That's the pinnacle of a managers career I would say.
  • ballysmate
    They were always a big fish in a little pond, but now there are other big fish. They have not been in with a sniff of European glory for years, apart from when they were embarrassed by Barca.
    Pinnacle of his career? As that well known Manc, Jim Royle would say, 'My Ar5e!'
  • ballysmate
    Besides, if Carlo were to be tempted back, surely Chelsea would be a more attractive proposition. Aside from having the use of Roman's riches, living in London has obvious attractions to foreigners.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

:lol:
    So funny :roll:

The most successful club in England & the biggest club in the world. That's the pinnacle of a managers career I would say.

Its not the biggest club in the world. For the love of all things Holy and sacred please stop trotting that one out. And ORN is no Mourinho or Pep. If Manure is such a wonderful place wy did everyone apart from Moyes turn you down?

Its a club saddled with unimaginable debt, a playing staff who just milk the pot of gold, owners who care not a fig for the club just for their dividends, supporters who don't even live in the same country as the club and they are going so downhill so rapidly they may as well be Eddie the freakin' Eagle.

In fact, ETFE was probably more successful than manure are going to be for the next decade and he was undoubtedly not very successful.

Dude, like most Manure fans will over the next year, its time to find a new club and support them. We won't mock you for it. Well, maybe just a bit. But we'll love you really.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    There is an intrinsic link between Redvision's view of Man U and his unrealistic expectations of the club.
  • redvision
    There is an intrinsic link between Redvision's view of Man U and his unrealistic expectations of the club.

Believe that if you want but the fact is utd have won the league title 20 times.

End of!
  • pinno

Believe that if you want but the fact is utd have won the league title 20 times.

End of!

We're talking about the here and now. It will be a long time before Man U start being successful again and with the fast pace of change in the modern game, an era like Fergie's will never happen.

End of (part two)

Why aren't you content with the fact that it will take time and Man U aren't doing so bad in the aftermath of the previous era that started in 1986? It's a rusty old ship riddled with holes and contradictions steered by a decrepit old board and it does not seem to have a new direction (yet).
  • redvision
    Pinno wrote:

Why aren't you content with the fact that it will take time and Man U aren't doing so bad in the aftermath of the previous era that started in 1986? It's a rusty old ship riddled with holes and contradictions steered by a decrepit old board and it does not seem to have a new direction (yet).

Pinno, read what my argument has been. I have never once said LVG is stopping the glory days from coming back. What i have said is that regardless of results Man Utd have always played a certain way. It is this which LVG has destroyed.

Obviously i would love UTD to return to wiping the floor with every other English team and dominating the league, but there will never be another Fergie and the days of domination are gone.
    However, traditions must not be lost. UTD need to re-establish the speed and directness they have always played with. To do this, LVG must go. Simples.
  • redvision

Its not the biggest club in the world. For the love of all things Holy and sacred please stop trotting that one out. And ORN is no Mourinho or Pep. If Manure is such a wonderful place wy did everyone apart from Moyes turn you down?

Its a club saddled with unimaginable debt, a playing staff who just milk the pot of gold, owners who care not a fig for the club just for their dividends, supporters who don't even live in the same country as the club and they are going so downhill so rapidly they may as well be Eddie the freakin' Eagle.

In fact, ETFE was probably more successful than manure are going to be for the next decade and he was undoubtedly not very successful.

Dude, like most Manure fans will over the next year, its time to find a new club and support them. We won't mock you for it. Well, maybe just a bit. But we'll love you really.

Once more, such words of such wisdom from you :roll:
    Tell me, why should one have to be born in the same town as the club they support???
    Why??

Secondly, are you telling me to be a big club you have to have no debt, and its based purely on finances??
    Well, that would:
    A - determine the size of the business, not the size of the club.
    B - mean that despite the debt UTD are actually the biggest football club in the world (by your own reasoning)
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2015/09/16/why-manchester-united-worth-3-5-billion-not-among-most-valuable-teams/
    Valued at $3.53 billion.

The size of a club should be calculated on fanbase. And no matter how much you yap on and argue against it, Man Utd at this time are the most supported club on the planet - hence the biggest.

Sorry to break your heart.

I am starting to see the reality here though. The obsession you and Pinno both have is clearly a facade. You are secretly UTD at the heart aren't you?!! Its ok, you can admit it. Every can tell :D
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Rugger is a mans game!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • pblakeney

End of!
    Glory days.
    In the past.
    This thread is starting to sound familiar.
    Now, who was the other Manyou fan who gave up eventually?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney
    But is international football the pinnacle anymore??
    Yes. It is.
    Maybe not here because we are not winning anything but that would change dramatically if we did.
    Basically, we are not singing because we are not winning.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno

End of!
    Glory days.
    In the past.

Oh yes - but he was delusional and... hang on a minute...
  • redvision
    Pinno wrote:
    Glory days.
    In the past.

Oh yes - but he was delusional and... hang on a minute...

Pinno, the only delusional one here is yourself mate. Facts are facts. Just because you don't like them does not mean they are not accurate.
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Yes. It is.
    Maybe not here because we are not winning anything but that would change dramatically if we did.
    Basically, we are not singing because we are not winning.

I think the world cup final is obviously special. But today, most fans would put their club side ahead of the national side. And, club football will always be better than national matches, just because of the make up of the squads.

It is a shame, but that's the way the game has gone.

Personally i think the way to revive interest in the National matches is to play all internationals at the end of the season. Let the leagues run uninterrupted. This way players will (hopefully) avoid injury, and the national teams would benefit from having a full month together at the end of the season, rather than a week or two occasionally throughout the season.
  • pblakeney
    .....Personally i think the way to revive interest in the National matches is to play all internationals at the end of the season. Let the leagues run uninterrupted. This way players will (hopefully) avoid injury, and the national teams would benefit from having a full month together at the end of the season, rather than a week or two occasionally throughout the season.
    Yup. Delusional.
    Never mind. Won't be long till you don't have to worry about international call ups.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • redvision
    .....Personally i think the way to revive interest in the National matches is to play all internationals at the end of the season. Let the leagues run uninterrupted. This way players will (hopefully) avoid injury, and the national teams would benefit from having a full month together at the end of the season, rather than a week or two occasionally throughout the season.
    Yup. Delusional.
    Never mind. Won't be long till you don't have to worry about international call ups.

:lol: you boys do make me smile.

Although if LVG is still in charge maybe you will be right and we won't have any internationals. After all he is destroying players confidence rapidly.
  • pinno
    .....Personally...season.
    Yup. Delusional.

:lol: you boys do make me smile.

Although if LVG is still in charge maybe you will be right and we won't have any internationals. After all he is destroying players confidence rapidly.

Not in his defenders he hasn't - the best defensive record in the league.
  • redvision
    Pinno wrote:
    Not in his defenders he hasn't - the best defensive record in the league.

That they do. Although in reality we have a top class keeper who we rely on constantly, but the main reason for the tight defence is LVG's tactics. Pass pass pass and then pass some more means the opposition can't get the ball, therefore they can't score. That is not the correct way to play the game.

Every UTD would rather see the team win 4-3 than 1-0.
    What was it Fergie once said? You might as well gamble to win the match 2-1 and risk losing 2-1, than settle for a draw. Because victories wins championships. Something Mr Van Gaal obviously doesn't agree with.
    I wonder if LVG realises the 38 point target is to avoid relegation, not winning the league... :lol:
  • pblakeney
    That they do. Although in reality we have a top class keeper who we rely on constantly, but the main reason for the tight defence is LVG's tactics. Pass pass pass and then pass some more means the opposition can't get the ball, therefore they can't score. That is not the correct way to play the game.
    Barcelona would disagree.
    How is that working for them?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • redvision
    Barcelona would disagree.
    How is that working for them?

One simple difference though. Barca (and Bayern for that matter) play pass pass pass with a view to go forward and slice through the opposition. LVG won't allow the Utd side to do that. It has to be slow and methodical. If there is no clear opening in the opposition defence, pass it back to De Gea and start over.
    :roll: