Anyone have any ideas how to get rid of LVG??

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    LVG uses the hammerfisted approach so i suspect its more a case of Giggs being afraid of losing his job if he did confront LVG, rather than him kissing his rear end.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    But looking at "Giggsy"'s attributes as listed above - talented, tactical, inspirational, deliverer of Captain's speeches, adulterous, untrustworthy, haunted, selfish, greedy ,akin en visage to Saddam Hussein and, for some reason, happy to wear his brother's shoes, as the saying goes, I would have thought that he would have made a perfect Manure manager and therefore not afraid to stand up to anyone if he believes that he club he loves so much is being irreparably damaged? Surely given his standing in Greater Mancunian folklore he is untouchable? After all, he did score a great goal against Celtic once.

Or is he just happy to take the tainted golden coins of Mammon and carry on watching Manure get smashed all over the shop while buying his next tasteless Bentley?

Personally I don't think he is management material - maybe, if mentored extremely closely, in turn a mentor to junior players, but overall scraping below the (now damaged) clean cut public image a tad shallow.

Anyhow, to put in balance, at least he's not as a big a bell end as John Terry.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,316
    Giggs's provado in his earlier days never shone in the 4 games as manager. He looked in over his head.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • redvision
    But looking at "Giggsy"'s attributes as listed above - talented, tactical, inspirational, deliverer of Captain's speeches, adulterous, untrustworthy, haunted, selfish, greedy ,akin en visage to Saddam Hussein and, for some reason, happy to wear his brother's shoes, as the saying goes, I would have thought that he would have made a perfect Manure manager and therefore not afraid to stand up to anyone if he believes that he club he loves so much is being irreparably damaged? Surely given his standing in Greater Mancunian folklore he is untouchable? After all, he did score a great goal against Celtic once.

Or is he just happy to take the tainted golden coins of Mammon and carry on watching Manure get smashed all over the shop while buying his next tasteless Bentley?

Personally I don't think he is management material - maybe, if mentored extremely closely, in turn a mentor to junior players, but overall scraping below the (now damaged) clean cut public image a tad shallow.

By your logic no ex pro would ever become a good manager. Or are you so naive you think most football players are angels??
    Pinno wrote:
    Giggs's provado in his earlier days never shone in the 4 games as manager. He looked in over his head.

Not a fair assessment. He had a few games to try to stabilise the club after Moyes had wreaked havoc.
    He had no management experience yet was challenged with managing the biggest club in the world, and most successful English club ever!

He might not make the best manager in the world, I still think he will make a good manager one day though.
  • Matthewfalle

By your logic no ex pro would ever become a good manager. Or are you so naive you think most football players are angels??
    Pinno wrote:

Oh - now don't be cross. It makes you ugly inside.

Anyhow, we're not discussing his angelic status: he must have something going for him that we don't know about: after all, his wife stuck with him after finding out about the 8 year long affair with his brother's wife, so it must be true love. Either that or £150,000 a week. One of the two I suppose.

But hey, who am I to say?

Didn't he also do coaching bits with the Welsh squad under Toshack? And now they are in the Euros, so something must have gone well there. Maybe the new manager and his coaching staff of which "Giggsy" isn't one.

But hey, who am I to say?

Not a fair assessment. He had a few games to try to stabilise the club after Moyes had wreaked havoc.
    He had no management experience yet was challenged with managing the biggest club in the world, and most successful English club ever!

He might not make the best manager in the world, I still think he will make a good manager one day though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Sorry Redvision, you're out of focus and seeing Orange.

Fergie wrung the team dry. He knew or must have known that the whole squad required re-building. If everything from the structure to the coaching was in his mould, no one but no one could have stepped into his shoes, no matter what the budget. It was always going to take 2-3 intermediary managers for some one (including the board?) to realise that Man U needs re-building.
    In retrospect, your current position isn't perhaps your ideal but it isn't bad.

We do not know what happened. We do not know if Moyes was expected to take over and carry on where Fergie left off. Judging by the statements pre season with Moyes newly in the door, I think they did. That is wrong from two accounts - 1 it was unreasonable and 2 if Moyes knew that, did he honestly think that under that premise he was going to do well?! He should never had taken the job unless there was a realistic goal to set: re-build the squad, start a whole new process and culture, with the added rhetoric of "This will take time" ... dressed up with "It is difficult to replicate the fantastic achievements of Fuggle blah blah blah. Maybe then, the expectations of the fans would be as equally realistic.

If Moyes was given the pot of money that LVG has had access to, then maybe Moyes would still be there. It is the arrogance and the unreasonable board and section of supporters who expect a big rusting ship to be fixed, turned around and set on a different course after years of a particular culture so ingrained deeply into every pore of the club and every pore of each supporter in a short space of time.

Until such time that Man U get off their arrogant high horse and start seeing the reality that you can't just buy your way back into success and the foundation for real long term success takes years. Not one or two seasons.
  • redvision
    Sorry Redvision, you're out of focus and seeing Orange.

Fergie wrung the team dry. He knew or must have known that the whole squad required re-building. If everything from the structure to the coaching was in his mould, no one but no one could have stepped into his shoes, no matter what the budget. It was always going to take 2-3 intermediary managers for some one (including the board?) to realise that Man U needs re-building.

We do not know what happened. We do not know if Moyes was expected to take over and carry on where Fergie left off. Judging by the statements pre season with Moyes newly in the door, I think they did. That is wrong from two accounts - 1 it was unreasonable and 2 if Moyes knew that, did he honestly think that under that premise he was going to do well?! He should never had taken the job unless there was a realistic goal to set: re-build the squad, start a whole new process and culture, with the added rhetoric of "This will take time" ... dressed up with "It is difficult to replicate the fantastic achievements of Fuggle blah blah blah. Maybe then, the expectations of the fans would be as equally realistic.

If Moyes was given the pot of money that LVG has had access to, then maybe Moyes would still be there. It is the arrogance and the unreasonable board and section of supporters who expect a big rusting ship to be fixed, turned around and set on a different course after years of a particular culture so ingrained deeply into every pore of the club and every pore of each supporter in a short space of time.

Until such time that Man U get off their arrogant high horse and start seeing the reality that you can't just buy your way back into success and the foundation for real long term success takes years. Not one or two seasons.

You are wrong. So wrong.
    Fergie did not leave the club in the best of states. That is clear. BUT the mistake Moyes made was he did not keep the backroom staff on. The mistake UTD made was listening to Fergie and hiring Moyes, whereas they should have hired either from within or an experienced manager.

You're comments about UTD being on their high horse and trying to buy their way back to success is absolute cr@p. They have spent considerable money, but why shouldn't they? They have a marketing machine off the field and are one of the best commercial businesses on the planet. So why should they not reinvest the money in players?? Unlike other clubs UTD still bring youngsters through on a regular basis. Just because they have spent money does not mean they will stop that tradition.

If you read my earlier post my complaint regarding LVG is not their league position, its not the lack of trophies since Fergie, its the style of football he is playing. It is detrimental to the club and is not the Man Utd way.

Every UTD fan knew the times of season after season success which we were spoiled with under Fergie ended with his retirement. Contrary to your claim, no realistic UTD fan believed that the transition to Moyes would be seamlessly. What no-one expected was the damage he would do to the club. He destroyed the backroom by removing pretty much all of the coaches. In a matter of months he had taken UTD from a Championship winning force to mediocre mid table team.

LVG did have to pick up the pieces and stabilise the club. He has done that, i give him that much. BUT the difference between a good manager and the best managers is the ability to adapt to the league you are competing in. LVG has adopted the policy the league can adapt to his 'philosophy'. The Premiership is not like any other European league. It is such a highly competitive division that any side can beat any other and the only type of football which ever will win the league is one which has creativity, pace and attacking principles. Passing sideways or backwards will never bring success (or fan support) in this league.

LVG seems determined to try to win the Premier league by winning by a single goal, or drawing games. He refuses to let the players play the fast attacking (or counter attacking) football that is MAN UTD. For this reason alone i cannot see LVG being there next season.
  • Matthewfalle
    But Moyes was (and still is) a very experienced manager: how long at Everton where he received universal plaudits for his work.

And wasn't he actually quite warmly welcomed to Manure - especially when he won the Community Shield first game?

It was only really when the wheels fell off the debt cart that the Manureists started grumbling .......

As an aside - if "Giggsy" is too scared to stand up to LVG, why didn't he stand up to Moyes?

Or was sticking the knife in easier?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Problem is Redvision, I don't give a stuff.

I did not like the coercive, hard, moof cut oot wi' a chisel, weegie boy and his big stick. He was so old school a la Cloughie and the game changed in his era, he didn't. I did not like his harassment of officials, I did not like his seeming total lack of magnanimity of teams that beat him (Re.: After the CL final against Barca "It was our 60th game"). What a toss pot. Couldn't even acknowledge how Barca out classed them. Didn't have the courage to play around with the usual 4-4-2 prior to the final when they were cruising in the league and in the face of a team who had not lost to a 4-4-2 formation in over 2 years and didn't have the courage to admit that it was a tactical error of huge proportion.

Don't like Man U, didn't like Fuggle, never have, never will.
  • Sorry Redvision, you're out of focus and seeing Orange.

You are wrong. So wrong.
    Fergie did not leave the club in the best of states. That is clear. BUT the mistake Moyes made was he did not keep the backroom staff on. The mistake UTD made was listening to Fergie and hiring Moyes, whereas they should have hired either from within or an experienced manager.

You're comments about UTD being on their high horse and trying to buy their way back to success is absolute cr@p. They have spent considerable money, but why shouldn't they? They have a marketing machine off the field and are one of the best commercial businesses on the planet. So why should they not reinvest the money in players?? Unlike other clubs UTD still bring youngsters through on a regular basis. Just because they have spent money does not mean they will stop that tradition.

If you read my earlier post my complaint regarding LVG is not their league position, its not the lack of trophies since Fergie, its the style of football he is playing. It is detrimental to the club and is not the Man Utd way.

Every UTD fan knew the times of season after season success which we were spoiled with under Fergie ended with his retirement. Contrary to your claim, no realistic UTD fan believed that the transition to Moyes would be seamlessly. What no-one expected was the damage he would do to the club. He destroyed the backroom by removing pretty much all of the coaches. In a matter of months he had taken UTD from a Championship winning force to mediocre mid table team.

LVG did have to pick up the pieces and stabilise the club. He has done that, i give him that much. BUT the difference between a good manager and the best managers is the ability to adapt to the league you are competing in. LVG has adopted the policy the league can adapt to his 'philosophy'. The Premiership is not like any other European league. It is such a highly competitive division that any side can beat any other and the only type of football which ever will win the league is one which has creativity, pace and attacking principles. Passing sideways or backwards will never bring success (or fan support) in this league.

LVG seems determined to try to win the Premier league by winning by a single goal, or drawing games. He refuses to let the players play the fast attacking (or counter attacking) football that is MAN UTD. For this reason alone i cannot see LVG being there next season.

Yep Pinno - very much an example of a Man U fan on their high horse :D

And as for Cygnus - should we be worried that the "programme" is evolving?
  • Problem is Redvision, I don't give a stuff.

I did not like the coercive, hard, moof cut oot wi' a chisel, weegie boy and his big stick. He was so old school a la Cloughie and the game changed in his era, he didn't. I did not like his harassment of officials, I did not like his seeming total lack of magnanimity of teams that beat him (Re.: After the CL final against Barca "It was our 60th game"). What a toss pot. Couldn't even acknowledge how Barca out classed them. Didn't have the courage to play around with the usual 4-4-2 prior to the final when they were cruising in the league and in the face of a team who had not lost to a 4-4-2 formation in over 2 years and didn't have the courage to admit that it was a tactical error of huge proportion.

There's a lot to like in that little response as well
  • Matthewfalle

Hear, hear. Very well said.

The minute the greedy, rude, aggressive, selfish champagne socialist red nosed fool buggered off the scene the whole Premiership lightened up considerably.

His dealings over Rock of Gibraltar really showed his true colors: greed over the club.
    His wine cellar - recently auctioned for tens, if not hundreds of thousands.
    His multiple homes in tax havens and aggressive tax evasion.

He continues to trumpet his Glaswegian dockyard background - as if he's been near there in the past twenty years.

Biggest sell out in the past 50 years.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • redvision

All sounds suspiciously like jealousy to me.
    And if you don't give a stuff why bother commenting??

What Fergie did over 2 decades was build team after team which was able to compete at the highest level. NO manager has ever done that, or is likely to do it again.
    Like him or not he was the greatest manager the world has ever seen .

And, just to show how uninformed you clearly are, Giggs did stand up to Moyes. They had several confrontations, including one very early in Moyes disastrous resign (regarding the training).
    Moyes is a good manager. He did a good job at Everton. BUT, Martinez has proved that Moyes was also holding Everton back. Unfortunately for us we have him the opportunity to attempt to take the step up to manage the biggest club but he just was not good enough.
    Oh ,and the charity shield success was against a championship side!

Like UTD or not, the club will rise again. It just won't happen under LVG.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921

All sounds suspiciously like jealousy to me.
    And if you don't give a stuff why bother commenting??

What Fergie did over 2 decades was build team after team which was able to compete at the highest level. NO manager has ever done that, or is likely to do it again.
    Like him or not he was the greatest manager the world has ever seen .

And, just to show how uninformed you clearly are, Giggs did stand up to Moyes. They had several confrontations, including one very early in Moyes disastrous resign (regarding the training).
    Moyes is a good manager. He did a good job at Everton. BUT, Martinez has proved that Moyes was also holding Everton back. Unfortunately for us we have him the opportunity to attempt to take the step up to manage the biggest club but he just was not good enough.
    Oh ,and the charity shield success was against a championship side!

Like UTD or not, the club will rise again. It just won't happen under LVG.

Don't think it is just jealousy. I'm 50+ and have hated Utd for most of those years. Perhaps irrationally so to you, but there is just something about the club.
  • pinno
    I never mentioned Moyes vis-a-vis Giggs.

Pound for pound, Pep Guardiola is the best manager on the planet. 17 trophies in 5 seasons.
    Even Mourinho will have shot past Fuggle when the fat lady sings.
  • redvision

Pound for pound, Pep Guardiola is the best manager on the planet. 17 trophies in 5 seasons.

Guardiola is a class manager. No one can argue against that. But he has only been successful in leagues where only 1 or 2 teams are capable of winning the league.

He will probably go down as one of the best but the hardest thing in football is rebuilding a team without losing the ability to compete. This is why Mourinho has the third year collapse at his clubs, he can build a team but seems unable to rebuild to compete over a prolonged period.
    Fact is Fergie could and did!
  • Matthewfalle
    Yup - I'd have one Pep for alcoholic Old Red Noses.

More trophies, more class, less hypocrisy. ORN wanted him to replace him when he went to the great working class multi million pound Cheshire tasteless mansion but Pep laughed at him (if I remember rightly, Pep was offered the job over dinner and didn't even bother returning an answer).

The most successful team in England - yup. But that's not saying much really as British football actually isn't that good. The most hated team in England - most definitly.

"Giggsy"'s bust up. - did it actually happen or was it part of the "Giggsy" media team stab in the back against Moyes? Who knows - but we do know that Moyes is held in higher esteem than "Giggsy" by European club managers.

Re Ballys - it's the sheer arrogance of the club, their obnoxious players and the fact that only a tiny percentage of their fans are actually from Manchester (after all, it's well known the City is the people's club). ORN didn't help - his attitude at press conferences, the aggression, not speaking to the BBC because they dared to ask him questions he didn't like ........

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

Guardiola is a class manager. No one can argue against that. But he has only been successful in leagues where only 1 or 2 teams are capable of winning the league.

He will probably go down as one of the best but the hardest thing in football is rebuilding a team without losing the ability to compete. This is why Mourinho has the third year collapse at his clubs, he can build a team but seems unable to rebuild to compete over a prolonged period.
    Fact is Fergie could and did!

I suppose that explains Peps complete lack of success in the Champions League and ORN's glowing palm ares in the same.

Oh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ballysmate
    Yep MF, all of the above.
    ORN may have been successful but it doesn't mean he wasn't a complete c**t, does it?
  • redvision
    Yup - I'd have one Pep for alcoholic Old Red Noses.

More trophies, more class, less hypocrisy. ORN wanted him to replace him when he went to the great working class multi million pound Cheshire tasteless mansion but Pep laughed at him (if I remember rightly, Pep was offered the job over dinner and didn't even bother returning an answer).

The most successful team in England - yup. But that's not saying much really as British football actually isn't that good. The most hated team in England - most definitly.

"Giggsy"'s bust up. - did it actually happen or was it part of the "Giggsy" media team stab in the back against Moyes? Who knows - but we do know that Moyes is held in higher esteem than "Giggsy" by European club managers.

Re Ballys - it's the sheer arrogance of the club, their obnoxious players and the fact that only a tiny percentage of their fans are actually from Manchester (after all, it's well known the City is the people's club). ORN didn't help - his attitude at press conferences, the aggression, not speaking to the BBC because they dared to ask him questions he didn't like ........

So are you saying you should only support the club in the city you are born?? :roll:

I'm sorry but the premiership is the only really competitive league in Europe. It's the only league where any team can beat another & you don't get 1 or 2 teams winning the lot.

And, the Giggs v Moyes confrontation actually came from David Moyes mouth if I recall correctly. So yes, I think it's fair to say it did happen.
  • redvision
    Yep MF, all of the above.
    ORN may have been successful but it doesn't mean he wasn't a complete c**t, does it?

So you met him personally did you??
    He was a determined and successful person. Arrogant maybe, but after his success why the hell shouldn't he be!
    Every successful person is.

You may not like him but I think calling him a **** is pathetic and unjustified.
    And before you say it, Yes I have met him and yes he was charismatic, friendly and was even willing to give me some coaching advice.
  • ballysmate
    Perhaps we got him wrong. The faux socialism, the arrogance and the bullying of players, officials, sports writers...
    Or perhaps he saved his charm for sycophants? :wink:
  • redvision
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Perhaps we got him wrong. The faux socialism, the arrogance and the bullying of players, officials, sports writers...
    Or perhaps he saved his charm for sycophants? :wink:

Never judge a book by its cover. Until you meet someone personally you can never be sure what they are like.
    I'm sorry but bullying?? What about Mr Mourinho?? He openly bullied a female member of the club!
    As for bullying officials, watch a match, just watch a match. Every single manager and player will at some point harass and attempt to intimidate an official.

But back on topic, this Man utd team is purely LVG's. He is the one who responsible for the tactics and therefore he is the one who is responsible for the awful awful style they currently play with.

I don't agree with the rumoured fly over banner planned, but I do think the Glazers must recognise the fans are the club and a growing majority want him out.

Let's all hope Guardiola takes charge! We've agreed he is a great manager, UTD would present him with the opportunity to manage the biggest club in the world & prove he can do it in a league with more than 2 teams.
    Plus it would make all of you so happy! :lol:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    I'm sorry but the premiership is the only really competitive league in Europe. It's the only league where any team can beat another & you don't get 1 or 2 teams winning the lot.
    You are quite correct.
    In the past 10 years, 3 teams have won the EPL.
    Money buys success, success earns money........

I'd like to see Leicester maintain their position just to break the monotony.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    PBlakeney wrote:
    You are quite correct.
    In the past 10 years, 3 teams have won the EPL.
    Money buys success, success earns money........

I'd like to see Leicester maintain their position just to break the monotony.

Money buys success in any walk of life.
    However, in football so does academy graduates and a century of establishing a club.

It may only be three teams who have won the Premiership, but the fact is each title has been closely fought (perhaps with the exception of Fergies last season, and the 1999/2000, 2000/01 seasons) and the title could have gone several ways.
    This cannot be said for any other country in Europe.
    The Premier league is by far and away the most competitive and hardest league to win in Europe. End of.

I agree though, would be nice to see Leicester do well and if UTD aren't able to mount a title challenge i would love to see them lift the title. But hang on a second, if they did surely you would then argue they had bought the league??? Afterall they had a net spend in the summer of £20million! :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Is Manure still the biggest club in the world? I thought that was Real?

Most competitive where anyone can beat anyone - hmmmmm, maybe, but the one of the worst quality leagues in the world (backed up by an utterly appalling, overhyped, overpaid, useless national squad) - yup, definitly.

We all hope that Pep doesn't go to Manchester as he will become tainted with the fetid miasma that is Trafford. Appalling hell hole of a dump.

Yup - support your local. Who knows, if you went down to your local club you may enjoy it.

Ref your post above - didn't Chelsea win it by strolling along last season - 1st from 1st week to last (something Manscum never managed to do, even with ORN being massively offensive). I'm sure he could be charming by so could Hitler.

Anyhow, even if Manure are currently the world's biggest club (but you can't substitute biggest for most successful no matter how hard you bluster) they won't be at the end of this season when they haven't qualified for Europe, haven't won anything and all their "fans" are supporting Leicester.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • redvision

Most competitive where anyone can beat anyone - hmmmmm, maybe, but the one of the worst quality leagues in the world (backed up by an utterly appalling, overhyped, overpaid, useless national squad) - yup, definitly.

We all hope that Pep doesn't go to Manchester as he will become tainted with the fetid miasma that is Trafford. Appalling hell hole of a dump.

Yup - support your local. Who knows, if you went down to your local club you may enjoy it.

Ref your post above - didn't Chelsea win it by strolling along last season - 1st from 1st week to last (something Manscum never managed to do, even with ORN being massively offensive). I'm sure he could be charming by so could Hitler.

Anyhow, even if Manure are currently the world's biggest club (but you can't substitute biggest for most successful no matter how hard you bluster) they won't be at the end of this season when they haven't qualified for Europe, haven't won anything and all their "fans" are supporting Leicester.

Tell me, are you a season ticket holder of your club??
    How often do you go to watch your club?
    The reason UTD are such a massive club (and yes, they are bigger than Real) is because of their history, tradition and style they play with (up until LVG)

And for your sarcasm, before moving up the ladder i played for my home town (where i was born) for several years. I also started my coaching career with them after injury ended my football career.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,722
    .. if they did surely you would then argue they had bought the league??? Afterall they had a net spend in the summer of £20million! :roll:
    Most clubs dream of £20 million.
    How much did Leicester spend?
    Just shows how bad LVG and the team is. Along with a few others.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • redvision
    .. if they did surely you would then argue they had bought the league??? Afterall they had a net spend in the summer of £20million! :roll:
    Most clubs dream of £20 million.
    How much did Leicester spend?
    Just shows how bad LVG and the team is. Along with a few others.

My GOD man! Thats my whole bl00dy point! LVG is useless and should not be at UTD!!!

FYI Leicester spent £26million and sold players for £6million = net spend of £20million.
    This summer Utds net spend was £33.5million (players bought 108million, players sold 74.5million)
  • Matthewfalle

Tell me, are you a season ticket holder of your club??
    How often do you go to watch your club?
    The reason UTD are such a massive club (and yes, they are bigger than Real) is because of their history, tradition and style they play with (up until LVG)

And for your sarcasm, before moving up the ladder i played for my home town (where i was born) for several years. I also started my coaching career with them after injury ended my football career.

I shall answer your questions intra seriatum for ease - pro quo:

1. Yes I am - 26 years down the line now. My son has a season ticket as well.
    2. As everyone on here knows, due to work I am away lots for long periods, however when at home every week. Away games maybe once a month, schedule permitting.
    3. 95% of their fans don't know anything about Manure apart from the P/l years. You go to the Middle East, Asia, etc - acknowledged by Manure as your biggest fan base, which really says something.....- and no one has heard of the Busby Babes, that Irish alcoholic dude or the relegation years. Class of 91 or whatever they were onwards - that's Manure's tradition in most people's eyes.
    4. They aren't the biggest club in the world - first is Real (3.36 billion), second is Barcelona (3.17 billion) third is Manure (source: Forbes). And bizarrely the two teams ahead of Manure have the class, players, stadium, management, academies, supporters, tradition, history and success that Manure so badly want.
    5. The style they play with: bullying, cheating, ORN time, Rooney swearing and spitting at referees, the rest of the team sleeping with heir brothers wives, being involved in tax evasion and crying when they lose their money (Ferdinand et al), multiple drink driving, holding their clubs and supporters to ransom of wages (Rooney and the goalie), using their personal media agents to try to make them bigger than the club in the vain attempt to claw a knighthood (brand Beckham and his odious publicity hungry family), sleeping with prositutes (again, your mate Rooney).

If that's the kind of team you want, you're welcome to it.

Huge amounts of money but how much have they put back into the community - sweet bugger all. Look at City - a proper club for the people of Manchester - millions put back into the community, a decent manager with morals, someone a neutral doesn't mind watching. And better than Manure, by a country mile.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.