Donald Trump

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Even after all this time I still find myself struggling to believe how vast numbers of Americans are in thrall to someone who is just the most base conman imaginable.
  • focuszing723
    focuszing723 Posts: 7,923

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Interview with a supporter who looked and sounded exactly like the hillbilly character in The Simpson made me genuinely laugh out loud:

“If President Trump was lying on the beach playing golf right now none of this would be happening”

BBC reporter: “How do you know that?”

“I just know”

BBC reporter: “But how do you know?”

“Because I’m an intelligent man”

I was already laughing in my head at someone lying on the beach playing and when he delivered that final line I couldn’t hold it in.

His fellow intelligent Trump supporters also had massive festival type flags on metal poles whilst standing under what looked like power cables.

• secretsqirrel
    secretsqirrel Posts: 2,028

He practised that expression for days in front of the bathroom mirror.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,658
    The odds on a smirk were quite long tbf
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,974
    Why is it that even a mugshot looks to have been Photoshopped?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    So he claimed to weigh 215 lbs and be 6'3" tall.....
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    He's still got it. This is a response to a question about Chinese imperialism.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    I wonder if when he talks about the amount of people who watch his videos he realised how many of them are p1ssing themselves lughing at what he's saying?
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,540
    This good, even for Trump. I can't normally stand listening to him unless someone superimposes the squeeze box between his tiny hands, but this is so unhinged that it's funny.

• It's been a long day, but at least I'm not wanting to be be the 'leader of the free world...'

Hmm, we're probably better off not knowing what's going on in his head, but maybe Spitting Image need to do "The ex-President's Brain Is Missing", which was sadly prescient in Reagan's case.

• Obama and Corbyn appear to perform the same function now. And Wiggle.
  • Obama and Corbyn appear to perform the same function now. And Wiggle.

He's never forgiven him for the roasting, or being black and intelligent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGpLg0b3DE
  • pblakeney
    Remember Trump warning us about doddery old Joe?
    He's that age now.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Even if he weren't a wannabe fascist, I think the world ought to be a bit scared that Trump is in the running to be POTUS again, given the state of his mind.

• pblakeney
    WTAF?!!!!

Surely the time has come for an intervention.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    Leading in the polls though.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,090
    pblakeney said:

WTAF?!!!!

There were over 48,000 gun related deaths in the US in 2021 (most current complete data) but the one idiot they needed to pop...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Leading in the polls though.

It's a concern, although the Washington Post isn't particularly credible.

On the plus side, a second term presidency fizzles out into executive orders after the 2 year point, and I doubt that Putin will get much more than Latvia and Estonia in that time.
  • rick_chasey

On the plus side, a second term presidency fizzles out into executive orders after the 2 year point, and I doubt that Putin will get much more than Latvia and Estonia in that time.
    I think the party is *much* more prepared in the event of a victory this time around.

Last time they assumed the president would sort it all out and bluntly didn't expect to win so it was very chaotic.

This time around they've put everything in place. It will be a much more effective administration than last time if they win.
  • pblakeney said:

WTAF?!!!!

In the same ramble he repeatedly said that Jeb Bush had been President. "Jeb, Jeb.... Jeb".
  • pblakeney

This is precisely why an intervention is required.
    We clearly can't rely on Americans keeping the world as a safe place. World's gone nuts!
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • rick_chasey
    pblakeney said:

We clearly can't rely on Americans keeping the world as a safe place. World's gone nuts!
    US Defence budget is roughly the UK's GDP.

Good luck.
  • pblakeney said:

If he gets in, that will be true. Ukraine will have to work out how to look after itself without massive US help.
  • Leading in the polls though.

Yeah, the poll that had Trump 10 points up also had him even more points up amongst young people, and seems to be an outlier... even so, that Trump isn't way behind is alarming enough.
  • pblakeney
    edited September 2023

pblakeney said:

Good luck.
    You obviously missed my point. There is a fair chance that they could have a complete nutter someone with dementia in charge. Nuts!

Edit:- I shouldn't really be calling people with dementia nutters.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

pblakeney said:

Good luck.
    You obviously missed my point. There is a fair chance that they could have a complete nutter someone with dementia in charge. Nuts!

Edit:- I shouldn't really be calling people with dementia nutters.

I ought to do a Venn diagram with nutters, those with dementia, and wannabe dictators: Trump would be in the intersection of all three.
  • pinno said:

pblakeney said:

WTAF?!!!!

There were over 48,000 gun related deaths in the US in 2021 (most current complete data) but the one idiot they needed to pop...
    To put that into context "only" 58,000 died in Vietnam and that was over 20 years and the highest in any one year was 17,000
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,536

pinno said:

pblakeney said:

WTAF?!!!!

To put that into context "only" 58,000 died in Vietnam and that was over 20 years and the highest in any one year was 17,000
    I know you know this, but you need the "US soldiers" qualification as otherwise it omits the couple of million Vietnamese.