Donald Trump

Comments

• orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    john80 said:

Coops is a character name only, I doubt he has feelings only a computer to type his pile of disinformation until his shift ends. Or am I wrong in my suspicions?

Who knows but a lot of people got very upset by it.
    People don't like a hypocrite and this was the real reason for the outrage. Nobody was really that upset for Coopster.
    Did I miss something? Did the offensive language using, keyboard warrior trollbot get upset by something someone typed. Aw diddums.

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686

Coops is a character name only, I doubt he has feelings only a computer to type his pile of disinformation until his shift ends. Or am I wrong in my suspicions?

Oh he's been on these boards for a few years now. It's amazing what you can find online...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • john80
    john80 Posts: 2,965
    What was he actually supposed to be doing in the Oval office. It is like he has just left that house guest that he invited to root through his house with a bunch of kids.
  • There's going to be an awkward silence from the remoaner crowd with this result :smiley:

I do love a bit of schadenfreude :smiley:
  • In 4 years time maybe they should have another vote about it.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,444

There's going to be an awkward silence from the remoaner crowd with this result :smiley:

In 2016 the vote share favoured Clinton but Trump won. It's almost as if the system for electing the US president and a referendum on a single issue are different things with different electoral systems.
  • Pross said:

There's going to be an awkward silence from the remoaner crowd with this result :smiley:

In 2016 the vote share favoured Clinton but Trump won. It's almost as if the system for electing the US president and a referendum on a single issue are different things with different electoral systems.
    In different countries too last time I checked.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,925

Odd, you don't seem to understand what it means
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Pross

Odd, you don't seem to understand what it means
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,717
    Yet another tweet fest last night.
    He is still fighting the fight.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,533
    pblakeney said:

Yet another tweet fest last night.
    He is still fighting the fight.

Has played out *exactly* as Applebaum predicted
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    edited December 2020
    Trump is 100% correct on this. It's why America will come out the other side of this way better than the UK

• Yeah, no-one wants lockdowns, Einstein
  • Yeah, no-one wants lockdowns, Einstein

Especially when lockdowns kill more people than they save
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,717
    edited December 2020

Yeah, no-one wants lockdowns, Einstein

Albert Einstein was a genuine genius.
    His brother Frank was a right monster though. 😉

I know that's the doctor, not the monster and I'm not taking credit for originality.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    Now blocking the unemployment payment Bill agreed by Democrats and Republicans just to be a d1ck. I really hope they get a veto override as that will really annoy him.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,841
    Pross said:

Now blocking the unemployment payment Bill agreed by Democrats and Republicans just to be a d1ck. I really hope they get a veto override as that will really annoy him.

The trouble being that he hasn't vetoed it, he's just playing golf instead. They can't override his being a d1ck.
  • briantrumpet
    This is worth watching... Chris Cuomo is, as Americans would say, pïssed.

https://youtu.be/DJOB2DiNNsY
  • rick_chasey
    Full blown authoritarian attempt to overthrow the election result going on by the Republican Party.

They’re not backing down.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078

Full blown authoritarian attempt to overthrow the election result going on by the Republican Party.

TBF, it's only a (relatively) small number and not supported by the Senate Majority Leader. Hopefully Pence will see sense and not support it.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • briantrumpet
    edited January 2021

It's quite extraordinary... even if it is, as many are saying, just 'theatrics' by those involved, to get Trump's 'base' behind them for subsequent attempts to run for the Presidency, the fact that they are undermining faith in the validity of elections is incredibly dangerous, especially in a country where there is so much firepower, and people who say they would use it to impose the government they want.

That Trump is encouraging mass protest in Washington on 6 January to try to overturn the election result is... well, would have been utterly incredible until Trump came along.
  • rick_chasey
    elbowloh said:

TBF, it's only a (relatively) small number and not supported by the Senate Majority Leader. Hopefully Pence will see sense and not support it.
    FWIW I would suggest hoping people see the better side is not really an effective tactic in this scenario
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    elbowloh said:

it's eleven senators/senators-elect, and pence's spokesman has stated that pence is supporting their action

but pence is just a weasel, i blame mcconnell, he's spent the last few years enabling trump and his extremists, in the process proving himself to be a profoundly dishonourable and despicable individual, if he'd done the job he swore an oath to do, things would be very different
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    "In a statement, the 11 senators led by Texas Senator Ted Cruz said November's election had "featured unprecedented allegations of voter fraud, violations and lax enforcement of election law, and other voting irregularities"."

The allegations are extraordinary. The evidence however is non-existent.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • Pross
    It's great, make a load of unfounded allegations and then claim the amount of allegations is evidence of fraud. Genius.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,667
    Think the Trumpanzees are now up to a score of 60 legal cases brought and kicked out by the judiciaries various.
  • Pross
    If the Russians genuinely did help Trump get elected, with or without his knowledge, with the aim of undermining public confidence in US democracy then he's playing a blinder for them.