Donald Trump

Comments

• Or, depending on the state, buy it over the counter at a gun convention without any paperwork. But then, in some US states you are legally allowed to own .50 caliber machine guns.

Home defence anyone?
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,805
    What is wrong with the U.S.A.?
    This.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,270
    Trump on Ghislaine Maxwell yesterday: "I wish her well"

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Or Trump bats away a stupid question.
  • kingstongraham

in a spectacularly stupid way.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,931

He's probably dangling a pardon, or warning her not to name names.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946

Compared to his usual tactic of throwing his dummy and stomping off because "it wasn't a nice question", I thought that was fairly restrained. Still stupid of course, he barely opens his mouth to say anything but.

It's hypocrisy of the man that staggers me. The way he just carries on and says things which are complete u-turns to his previous actions without a shadow of embarrassment is incredible.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Don't forget those pesky home appliances though. Shower pressures are not what they used to be.
    Not a Giro Hero!
  • pblakeney

He's probably dangling a pardon, or warning her not to name names.
    He has admitted being in her company a few times so...
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    capt_slog said:

Compared to his usual tactic of throwing his dummy and stomping off because "it wasn't a nice question", I thought that was fairly restrained. Still stupid of course, he barely opens his mouth to say anything but.

It's hypocrisy of the man that staggers me. The way he just carries on and says things which are complete u-turns to his previous actions without a shadow of embarrassment is incredible.
    is his hypocrisy really so strikingly bad compared to UK politicians?

I too think he is an awful human being but I do think his actions should be benchmarked against our own elected leaders?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738

capt_slog said:

I too think he is an awful human being but I do think his actions should be benchmarked against our own elected leaders?
    I don't think BJ seriously indulges in far-right conspiracies, no appoints people who are explicitly white supremacists or QAnon types.
  • pblakeney
    edited July 2020

capt_slog said:

In my mind the BJ cart is following the Trumpster horse rather than the other way round. That both are leaders is a pathetic indictment of the voters.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946

capt_slog said:

I would say yes, just as a kneejerk response. but if i really thought about it, I can see what you mean.
    But I get the feeling that the UK brand at least do feel some shame sometimes, whereas Trump just believes he has some divine right to be an @rse.

The older I get, the better I was.

• pblakeney said:

capt_slog said:

In my mind the BJ cart is following the Trumpster horse rather than the other way round. That both are leaders is a pathetic indictment of the voters.
    According to the losers it's the voters fault, not the abhorrent(Corbyn) or rubbish politicians(Biden & H Clinton)

Some people only seem to accept democracy if they win!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,646

pblakeney said:

capt_slog said:

According to the losers it's the voters fault, not the abhorrent(Corbyn) or rubbish politicians(Biden & H Clinton)

If you look further to your right, is there just a dark void, or does the path follow on and start to look "red". I've always wondered.
  • pblakeney said:

capt_slog said:

If you look further to your right, is there just a dark void, or does the path follow on and start to look "red". I've always wondered.
    You need to sort your own side out if you want to win, rather than expecting me to do it for you. Despite their poor handling of the pandemic I see no-one worthy of lending my vote to.
  • pblakeney
    Here's something to ponder over.
    I don't have a "side".
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pblakeney said:

I don't have a "side".

Liar. Otherwise you would not be criticising the voters of those who voted for the winner.
  • pblakeney

pblakeney said:

I don't have a "side".

Liar. Otherwise you would not be criticising the voters of those who voted for the winner.
    Newsflash! I am quite capable of self criticism.
    You should try it. And I don't appreciate being called a liar.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Jeremy.89
    Jeremy.89 Posts: 457
    Maybe when they said voters they meant every voter?

The utter dross on offer on both sides of the Atlantic is at least, partly everyone's responsibility.

• rick_chasey
    Jeremy.89 said:

The utter dross on offer on both sides of the Atlantic is at least, partly everyone's responsibility.

That is really the objective of Russian interference. They don't care what the politics are. They're just interested in febrile politics that generate appalling leadership.

The ideology of the democratic west is still its biggest weapon, and places like China and Russia, dictatorships, know this, so they do what they can do to undermine it.

• surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    capt_slog said:

capt_slog said:

I would say yes, just as a kneejerk response. but if i really thought about it, I can see what you mean.
    But I get the feeling that the UK brand at least do feel some shame sometimes, whereas Trump just believes he has some divine right to be an @rse.

Boris blurts our the first thing that comes into his head and never looks embarrassed.
    The only one who has ever flinched is Gove when claiming he tests his eyesight by going for a drive.
  • ballysmate

Firstly,let's all agree that he is actually stupid. But what do you want him to say about Maxwell, especially in light of the question regarding her implicating powerful men. (Randy Andy and WJC were referenced). He shouldn't know the ins and outs of her testimony and as she nor anyone she implicates has been to trial yet, he can't say anything to jeopardise any subsequent court cases.
    Imagine if he had hinted at any belief that she or anyone else were guilty.

"Your honor, I submit that my clients can not be guaranteed a fair trial, as the POTUS has been on TV saying they were guilty"

As he acknowledges that he met her socially in the past, even a "No comment" would have implied her guilt.
  • kingstongraham

Firstly,let's all agree that he is actually stupid. But what do you want him to say about Maxwell, especially in light of the question regarding her implicating powerful men. (Randy Andy and WJC were referenced). He shouldn't know the ins and outs of her testimony and as she nor anyone she implicates has been to trial yet, he can't say anything to jeopardise any subsequent court cases.

"Your honor, I submit that my clients can not be guaranteed a fair trial, as the POTUS has been on TV saying they were guilty"

As he acknowledges that he met her socially in the past, even a "No comment" would have implied her guilt.
    He could have said "That matter's in the legal system now, so it's not appropriate for me to make any comment. Next question."
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,642

There's precedent for that. Obama said that Manning "broke the law" before his/her trial.
  • rick_chasey

Firstly,let's all agree that he is actually stupid. t.
    Er, when I said that a year or two ago on here I got some decent pushback, so let me know if you can get people to agree on that.
  • ballysmate

There's precedent for that. Obama said that Manning "broke the law" before his/her trial.
    So he did. Leading to the defence allegedly naming him as witness they wanted to call on Manning's behalf.

The defense requests the presence of [redacted] in order to discuss the issue of Unlawful Command Influence (UCI). Under Rule for Courts-Martial 405(e), the defense is entitled to explore the issue of UCI. Under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ), a superior officer in the chain of command is prohibited from saying or doing anything that could influence any decision by a subordinate in how to handle a military justice matter.

Wasn't Obama supposedly an attorney? What a chump.
    It appears Trump may be smarter than Obama then. Whodathunkit?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Jeremy.89 said:

Europe is on one side of the Atlantic, isn't it?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • kingstongraham
    So is Canada
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560

So is Canada

True, Jeremy seems to be having a pop at lot of countries' politicians.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]