Donald Trump

Comments

• capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Has he said "nobody knows more about coronavirus than me", yet?

Just wondered if I've missed it.

The older I get, the better I was.

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,583

I really don't understand why he can't get it into his thick skull that this isn't a good look when encouraging social distancing.

That'll be because he's totally ignorant and / or thick as pigshit
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,262
    capt_slog said:

Has he said "nobody knows more about coronavirus than me", yet?

Just wondered if I've missed it.

March 6th:
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,923
    Pross said:

I really don't understand why he can't get it into his thick skull that this isn't a good look when encouraging social distancing.

Technical question... just how thick is pigshit? I think Trump might be thicker than that.
  • joe2019
    joe2019 Posts: 1,338

Maybe they're all from the same family

• Pross

Pross said:

Technical question... just how thick is pigshit? I think Trump might be thicker than that.
    I don't know but it fits nicely into his collection:

Chickenshit - draft dodger (though we know he would take on a shooter on a spree as he told us)

Bullshit - what comes out whenever he opens his mouth (see above)

Pigshit - his level of intelligence
  • Pross
    joe2019 said:

If they're from his more loyally supportive States then they're almost certainly from the same family.
  • joe2019
    Pross said:

joe2019 said:

If they're from his more loyally supportive States then they're almost certainly from the same family.
    :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    But what happens when the most loyal supporters' relatives start dropping like flies because of Trumps lack of mitigation?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • briantrumpet
    pinno said:

But what happens when the most loyal supporters' relatives start dropping like flies because of Trumps lack of mitigation?

Keep your eyes on Florida.
  • pinno

pinno said:

Oh yeah, that's one big retirement home.
  • pinno
    pinno said:

pinno said:

Current trajectory on US deaths is 244,000. That's significant. It will make China look far more efficient at dealing with the virus.
    ...and they are.
  • Pross
    pinno said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

Current trajectory on US deaths is 244,000. That's significant. It will make China look far more efficient at dealing with the virus.
    ...and they are.
    Trump has already preempted anyone comparing the US unfavourably with China. He said a few days ago that we wouldn't be able to trust their reported death rates.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    Pross said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

...and they are.
    Trump has already preempted anyone comparing the US unfavourably with China. He said a few days ago that we wouldn't be able to trust their reported death rates.
    Oh FFS!
    That means that I agree with the Trumpster. Ah well, stopped clock....
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • briantrumpet
    Pross said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

...and they are.

Sadly, there may well be some truth in that.

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734
    1/5th of French private sector workers were laid off in the last fortnight.....
  • kingstongraham
    No need to worry, USA. Jared Kushner is now taking control.

It turns out his models say that the states don't actually need so many ventilators. So that's good.
  • briantrumpet

No need to worry, USA. Jared Kushner is now taking control.

It turns out his models say that the states don't actually need so many ventilators. So that's good.

Are his models like the ones that his father-in-law is intimate with?
  • kingstongraham
    This one couldn't be more perfect as promoting the government health advice.

• joe2019
    When asked about the models, Trump replied, "I don't get involved with models, well not that type of model." :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,734

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,640

Pross said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

pinno said:

...and they are.

Sadly, there may well be some truth in that.

It needs to be compared against the usual death rate. People will have died of other things too.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946

I'm just parking this word salad here for later digestion:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1246172791939923970

good god.

He's bad when he's 'live' but it's even worse when it's written down. It's possibly because I'm not distracted by shouting "t@wat" at the TV

The older I get, the better I was.

• briantrumpet
    capt_slog said:

I'm just parking this word salad here for later digestion:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ddale8/status/1246172791939923970

good god.

He's bad when he's 'live' but it's even worse when it's written down. It's possibly because I'm not distracted by shouting "t@wat" at the TV

It's the transcripts of him 'live' that convince me he has actually got some form of progressive dementia... all too often it's apparent his brain won't retain what he's just said earlier in the sentence, which is a necessity in all (recursive) language. Put that with a very limited and repetitive vocabulary, and you have strong evidence of a not-healthy brain.

Anyone remember Spitting Image's "The President's Brain Is Missing"? It was a rather brutal and tasteless (in retrospect) diagnosis of Reagan's Alzheimers.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    I saw a YouTube clip of him on the Letterman show in the early 90s. He came across as a boorish oaf with a few scripted unfunny gags to make him look good. But there is no way the fella you see now does not have a problem.

I have often wondered if he has dyslexia that he has never formally recognised so reading is a slow chore to him.
  • kingstongraham

I saw a YouTube clip of him on the Letterman show in the early 90s. He came across as a boorish oaf with a few scripted unfunny gags to make him look good. But there is no way the fella you see now does not have a problem.

I have often wondered if he has dyslexia that he has never formally recognised so reading is a slow chore to him.

He can't bear to be seen wearing his reading glasses. Thinks it makes him look weak.

• pinno
    From HIGNFY:

'Maybe the Mexicans should put up a wall to stop all the Americans fleeing the US because of CV19'.

One for the irony thread.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,799
    Is this all to get the Mexicans to pay for the wall?
    One for the conspiracy thread. 😉
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.