Donald Trump

Comments

• nickice wrote:

There were never any complaints about his temperament before he was called upon to defend himself against an unsubstantiated allegation so I think that argument can be dismissed.

There were never complaints about his temperament until he went a bit crazy under pressure.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    john80 wrote:
    It is only science fiction as it is unethical and there is probably not a country in the world that would allow scientists to develop or create the machine. If you look at what we can currently do through artificial insemination and what we can do for premature babies this step in the middle would not be impossible if all ethical barriers were removed. For the avoidance of doubt this does not mean it is a good idea hence why it is not currently pursued. So yes you are right there is currently no machine that does this designed and sold in the world but that does not make it impossible as that shows a complete lack of imagination as to what humans have done of similar complexity in the past.
    Hmm - I wonder though - because we never do these things on humans first - we always test on (other) animals - I've not heard of any break through in creating any other mammal without the use of a live host.

Morally/Ethically - should we be striving towards creating pure test tube babies - ie ones that take dona eggs & sperm - then create and develop outside the body? Morally - this would help those who, through no fault of their own - cannot carry a child - it would alleviate a lot of the issues around surrogacy ...
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Why not take the abortion argument elsewhere by starting a new topic dedicated to 'for or against'? That way, anybody who wants to can get back to laughing at Trump rather than getting peed off at the intransigence of either side in the abortion debate? I don't dispute that it's an important issue to some it's just that there might be a better place to cover it. As to the question of sex before marriage, people are entitled to their own view but (literally) for flucks sake..........
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    tour-de-trump-2.jpg

Look at the pride on that mans face lifting the bike to the heavens. If we could just get his ear, we could make pro cycling great again!
  • nickice wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    nickice wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Your opinion.

1)Do you agree that its in the interests of society not to allow the taking of life?

2)Do you agree that an unborn baby is alive (it becomes a new life at the moment of conception with its own unique DNA)?

3) If you disagree with 2 (I won't do you the disservice of asking you if you agree with 1) then why not support full-term abortions (I'm assuming you don't)
    My opinion is as equally insignificant on this issue.
    Carry on if you wish, but your opinion counts for nowt.

Way to avoid the questions...

So you decide that life must legally start at conception or birth and then demand people answer which they believe in.

As medical science has kept babies alive at 21-22 weeks then I would drop the abortion limit to 20 weeks to be revised in line with medical advances
  • ayjaycee
    Enough already.
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
  • slowbike
    ayjaycee wrote:
    Enough already.
    388 pages of guff and a couple on abortion ... just ignore them if you don't want to read.
  • ayjaycee
    The thing is that I come to a topic called 'Donald Trump' to be entertained and don't really want to see off topic stuff about abortion (or the right and wrongs of a good shag before marriage). If I see a topic called 'Abortion' I won't look at it but at the moment every time I get a message from BR telling me that there is a new post in 'Donald Trump', it's got nothing to do with him but I at have to at least start reading it to find that out.
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
  • slowbike
    Fair enough - but the thread turned from being just a good laugh when that Brett guy was put forward for whatever role it was - you know, the one who allegedly nearly shagged someone when he was a teenager .... but denies it obviously ...

It could do with getting back on track - so why not find one of Trumps tweets - they're usually good for a laugh ... :)
  • https://twitter.com/presldentbannon?lang=en

This guy needs a bump. So good.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ayjaycee wrote:
    The thing is that I come to a topic called 'Donald Trump' to be entertained and don't really want to see off topic stuff about abortion (or the right and wrongs of a good shag before marriage). If I see a topic called 'Abortion' I won't look at it but at the moment every time I get a message from BR telling me that there is a new post in 'Donald Trump', it's got nothing to do with him but I at have to at least start reading it to find that out.

this. well said that man.

theres a time and a place for being serious and this ain't it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    https://twitter.com/presldentbannon?lang=en

This guy needs a bump. So good.

that has made my day - thank you!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Trump drops 138 places on the rich list. Lost $1.4 bn over the last couple of years, despite trying to make money off being president.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    ayjaycee wrote:

To be fair, Donald Trump makes a very good case for the legal limit for abortion to be extended to 3756 weeks after conception.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ayjaycee
    Have a look at this lesson in how not to give a press conference: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ter-attack

I will say one thing about the guys - he's the car crash that just keeps on crashing. The amazing thing is that he seems to keep on getting away with it.
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
  • ayjaycee wrote:
    Have a look at this lesson in how not to give a press conference: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... ter-attack

I will say one thing about the guys - he's the car crash that just keeps on crashing. The amazing thing is that he seems to keep on getting away with it.

I DON'T LIKE BEER! I DIDN'T LIKE BEER! I STILL DON'T LIKE BEER!
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    How does he know? HE'S NEVER HAD A BEER!

It's amazing to think that all it would take to bring down the President of the USA is to get him to DRINK A BEER! Novichok, who needs ya?
  • Robert88 wrote:

It's amazing to think that all it would take to bring down the President of the USA is to get him to DRINK A BEER! Novichok, who needs ya?

If he has a beer, he might turn into an out of control gibbering idiot.
  • Matthewfalle
    he reminds of a friend of tdv who was about to phuck up his marriage due to being a boring knob.

"but i don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't take drugs, i play golf" he stammered to us. "i don't know what she wants".

"perhaps you should start drinking, smoking and taking drugs and you won't be so boring" i helpfully suggested.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • he reminds of a friend of tdv who was about to phuck up his marriage due to being a boring knob.

"but i don't drink, i don't smoke, i don't take drugs, i play golf" he stammered to us. "i don't know what she wants".

"perhaps you should start drinking, smoking and taking drugs and you won't be so boring" i helpfully suggested.
    worked for me.
  • Matthewfalle
    he reminds of a friend of tdv who was about to phuck up his marriage due to being a boring knob.

worked for me.

great believer in everything in moderation here.

except on certain nights when you go batshit crazy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Not a good day for either of the sex pests.

For Trump it's revealed he charged Eric with trying to suppress the Stormy Daniels story back in February. Just imagine that for a second, being ordered by your dad to hide stories of his affairs. How morally bankrupt a family they are.

For Kav, further evidence of him lying under oath plus more allegations of sexual violence and substantive proof of his drunken and violent behaviour. Those decades of white male privilege that protected him are coming to an end.
  • Matthewfalle
    Not a good day for either of the sex pests.

For Trump it's revealed he charged Eric with trying to suppress the Stormy Daniels story back in February. Just imagine that for a second, being ordered by your dad to hide stories of his affairs. How morally bankrupt a family they are.

For Kav, further evidence of him lying under oath plus more allegations of sexual violence and substantive proof of his drunken and violent behaviour. Those decades of white male privilege that protected him are coming to an end.

links?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,120
    ayjaycee wrote:

this. well said that man.

theres a time and a place for being serious and this ain't it.

Not really off topic, is it? The Kavanaugh nomination was specifically intended to please the socially conservative, pro-life* demographic. It's actually more important than his inane press conferences and gibberish tweets.

*Funny how that demographic overlaps so strongly with the gun lobby and those who think executing criminals is just fine.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • robert88
    :shock:
    Robert88 wrote:

Waddaya mean 'turn into'?
  • robert88
    Robert88 wrote:

You're right, it wouldn't make any difference.
  • Matthewfalle
    Not a good day for either of the sex pests.

but at least melania can sleep well at night knowing that the man she married for love will stand by her at all times and never do anything to hurt her.

oh.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

De Sisti wrote: