Comments

• Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    And over the line he goes.
    I bet Rick "The Self Righteous" Chasey is reaching for the nearest defibrillator.

Oh look diddums has flounced back - Wetherspoons not open yet?

I'm a member of CAMRA. Therefore I occasionally patronise Wetherspoons to try beers from smaller breweries and beers from around the world.

Bet your go to beer is Estrella.

Don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning.

You have a real chip on your shoulder, Mr Goo.

I think you should check out the history of Surrey Commuter and Rick Chasey. And see how they love to put down anyone who had a contrary opinion to them.
    Some of us are not degree educated and hold down executive jobs in corporations. We see things differently.

I'm genuinely not interested in your arguments with Rick or SC - from either side of the fence - but snide remarks like "don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning" come across as very chippy.

And FWIW, you don't need to be degree educated and/or hold down an executive job to see things like Rick and SC do. Conversely, you don't need to be a blue collar worker to see things the other way.

People cannot be put into boxes.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    "Russian President Vladimir Putin has become one of few world leaders to congratulate Donald Trump.

In a telegram to the president-elect he said he hopes to work with Mr Trump on international issues, and said he believed a "constructive dialogue" between the US and Russia will serve the interests of both countries.

"Putin expressed hope for joint work to restore Russian-American relations from their state of crisis, and also to address pressing international issues and search for effective responses to challenges concerning global security," the Kremlin said in a statement."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/0/donal ... as-brexit/
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I bet Rick "The Self Righteous" Chasey is reaching for the nearest defibrillator.

I'm a member of CAMRA. Therefore I occasionally patronise Wetherspoons to try beers from smaller breweries and beers from around the world.

Don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning.

You have a real chip on your shoulder, Mr Goo.

I think you should check out the history of Surrey Commuter and Rick Chasey. And see how they love to put down anyone who had a contrary opinion to them.
    Some of us are not degree educated and hold down executive jobs in corporations. We see things differently.

I'm genuinely not interested in your arguments with Rick or SC - from either side of the fence - but snide remarks like "don't spill your Starbucks coffee down that nice silk tie of yours this morning" come across as very chippy.

And FWIW, you don't need to be degree educated and/or hold down an executive job to see things like Rick and SC do. Conversely, you don't need to be a blue collar worker to see things the other way.

People cannot be put into boxes.

Unfortunately such is the descent of dialogue involving them. Shame you weren't so quick to pick up Surrey Commuter's initial comment to me.
    Anyway must go to work now and clean the executive toilets.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Ballysmate wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    She outspent Trump but at the end of the day Americans dont trust her..

Correction:

Sufficient numbers of Americans are either sexist, bigoted or racist.

Correction:

Sufficient numbers of Americans are either sexist, bigoted, racist or stupid.

29% of the Hispanic vote wnt to Trump.
    What happened to women voting for Clinton?[/quote]
    On a 152% surge in Hispanics actually voting. There was always a larger number of Hispanics registered to vote than actually vote. Seems they are traditionally keen on ensuring they have the right to vote but most.never did. This election they actually came out. So 29% for Trump is probably not unexpected considering in 2012 the figure was actually 27% voting for the republican candidate.
  • Ben6899
    29% of the Hispanic vote wnt to Trump.
    What happened to women voting for Clinton?
    On a 152% surge in Hispanics actually voting. There was always a larger number of Hispanics registered to vote than actually vote. Seems they are traditionally keen on ensuring they have the right to vote but most.never did. This election they actually came out. So 29% for Trump is probably not unexpected considering in 2012 the figure was actually 27% voting for the republican candidate.

Hence bianchimoon's correction of my post.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Ben6899
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Unfortunately such is the descent of dialogue involving them. Shame you weren't so quick to pick up Surrey Commuter's initial comment to me.
    Anyway must go to work now and clean the executive toilets.

Like I said, I'm not interested in that particular argument; I was merely picking up on the chippiness of your comment.

(and there's more of it in this post)
    Ben

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    FocusZing wrote:
    Yes straight talking as he will actually do something with a business head on without pussy footing about like some liberal bed wetter.
    Clearly enough people in America fell for this line. FWIW I suspect that you'll find Trump's ability to "get things done" will turn out to be rather less than his fans expect, given that he doesn't seem to have a plan other than to [sarcasm] use his salesman's genius to "get a really good deal" [/sarcasm].

At least that's what most of the world is hoping.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The world is now totally screwed !

I just hope they don't tell him the launch codes !!
  • Mr Goo wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

is there no limit to your impudence!!! first you accuse me of reading the Metro and now you accuse me of drinking beer and patronising Starbucks!!! I am minded to report you
  • Putin wanting to restore US-Russian relations? Did anyone see the officially sanctioned Russian history museum on a news channel last night? It runs from early 1900s to present day. At the end of it, and it is presented as a journey, is a stark table of statistics. At the top was the approval ratings of their leader Putin. In the early days it was 3.5% or so, now it's 85%. That's complete with various photographs of Putin in suitably positive poses. Cult of personality backed up by fierce control of the media?
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531

A far better US relationship with Russia already than Clinton would have achieved in 4 years.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,636
    I'm not a keen follower of US politics, but I imagine that the Democrats are now wishing they had gone with Sanders.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    It's the gullibility of people that amazes me, in his acceptance speech it was all about building bridges not walls, all about how had hillary has worked for american people, not i'm going to put her in jail, the rednecks have been conned in the same way as some British people believed the Brexiteers would spend an extra £250m a week on the NHS
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • To paraphrase Neil Kinnock:
    I warn Americans not be Muslim, not to be Latino, not to be sick, not to be Hillary
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    I am Gobsmacked.

George Dublya was a tw@t but Trump trumps all of them. A man who had been Bankrupt and has never held public office of any description becomes president of America...
    Is this the beginning of a soap opera?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FocusZing

Too easy a generic statement, the same as all Americans are stupid ones.

If he gets too ambitious the Senate will just quell him.
  • Pinno wrote:
    I am Gobsmacked.

George Dublya was a tw@t but Trump trumps all of them. A man who had been Bankrupt and has never held public office of any description becomes president of America...
    Is this the beginning of a soap opera?

I don't think people put much faith into office these days... lack of political experience was a bonus for Trump... as it was for Berlusconi in Italy 20 years ago
    left the forum March 2023
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,150
    It's a rum day when someone compares Italian politics to American politics.

I have a great plan. Trump could open 2500 golf/holiday resorts across America and achieve full employment.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Boom, 2-0!

Looks like we are no longer "at the back of the que" re US trade.

Bye bye Obama.
    You were right about the US wanting 'Change' though.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    FocusZing wrote:

Too easy a generic statement, the same as all Americans are stupid ones.

Problem is the US president has way more power in foreign affairs than domestic. So your statement is probably true regarding domestic affairs but unfortunately for the rest of us not in the US, he has a lot more personal power in that area.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    perhaps the world will look to Europe for leadership now?

.... oops
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    FocusZing wrote:

What with? A 45 or something semi-automatic?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Carbonator wrote:
    Boom, 2-0!

I would be surprised if a Trump presidency means that the UK would get a better deal.
  • FocusZing
    Carbonator wrote:
    Boom, 2-0!

Bye bye Obama.

+1

Good on the American voters for seeing through the celebrity Clinton PR bullsh1t.
  • FocusZing wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:
    Boom, 2-0!

Bye bye Obama.

+1

Good on the American voters for seeing through the celebrity Clinton PR bullsh1t.

Yeah, you wouldn't want to listen to someone who has come out of celebrity culture for advice on who to vote for.
  • Well its a disaster for the environment if nothing else. Good luck riding your bikes through 2 metres of flood water folks!

Unless he take the quick route and destroys the planet with nukes!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    FocusZing wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:
    Boom, 2-0!

Bye bye Obama.

+1

Yeah, you wouldn't want to listen to someone who has come out of celebrity culture for advice on who to vote for.

Toupee
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RideOnTime wrote:
    FocusZing wrote:
    Carbonator wrote:
    Boom, 2-0!

Bye bye Obama.

+1

Toupee

correction Touche
  • New version of the apprentice show to be made. Trump looking for supreme court judge. Judge wannabes get given legal tasks and depending on how they perform they get fired or survive. Might be better than their current nomination and confirmation process.

Could also apply it to all his administration posts, or at least the most important ones.