Donald Trump

Comments

• kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,770
    Pross wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:
    G7 includes Italy and not China

You'd think someone in his esteemed, high profile job would have known that. It's almost as if our little piscine friend may talk a load of ball locks!

he now wants Russia invited into a G8!

It was the G8 for a long time until they annexed Crimea and got kicked out. I don't see how they would fit into the group now, as they seem to have given up on their moves towards being a democracy.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    take over other countries by force and don't worry we'll soon forget and let you get away with it
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    He is going to pardon Muhammed Ali though, as well as looking at 3,000 other pardons. as important as those might be, not a lot on the G7 and NK during his runway rant before leaving for Canada
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bianchimoon
    Asked about the NK summit "I'm very well prepared... You don't need to prepare much, it's about attitude"
  • kingstongraham
    He should do more press conferences. Remarks as he departs for the G7 summit:

Attacks Comey. Attacks Canada. Threatens to terminate NAFTA. Attacks EU. Attacks Mexico.

He's been preparing all his life for the NK summit. Attacks Hillary. Attacks fake news. Says he believes in freedom of the press. Attacks Comey. Anthony Bourdain is dead. Condolences to his family and that of Kate Spade.

I have been Russia's worst nightmare. Attacks Hillary. Russia should be in the meeting. It's up to them. We have a world to run. I might leave early. Canada is unfair on tariffs, but we'll sort it out and we'll all be in love again.

Not thinking about pardoning OJ (!) Thinking about pardoning Ali. And some others.

I'm not above the law. Yes, I do have an absolute right to pardon myself. No Collusion (except the Democrats). Too early to be thinking about pardoning Cohen and Manafort.

Scott Pruitt is doing a great job. He's not blameless, we'll see what happens.

We're not going to invite Cavs or Warriors.

They had people in our campaign etc etc.

etc etc etc

Lies about border control.

Has a go at fake news.

Rudy is Rudy.

You cannot leak LIKE HILLARY CLINTON DID.
  • bianchimoon
    He should do more press conferences. Remarks as he departs for the G7 summit:

Attacks Comey. Attacks Canada. Threatens to terminate NAFTA. Attacks EU. Attacks Mexico.

He's been preparing all his life for the NK summit. Attacks Hillary. Attacks fake news. Says he believes in freedom of the press. Attacks Comey. Anthony Bourdain is dead. Condolences to his family and that of Kate Spade.

I have been Russia's worst nightmare. Attacks Hillary. Russia should be in the meeting. It's up to them. We have a world to run. I might leave early. Canada is unfair on tariffs, but we'll sort it out and we'll all be in love again.

Not thinking about pardoning OJ (!) Thinking about pardoning Ali. And some others.

I'm not above the law. Yes, I do have an absolute right to pardon myself. No Collusion (except the Democrats). Too early to be thinking about pardoning Cohen and Manafort.

Scott Pruitt is doing a great job. He's not blameless, we'll see what happens.

We're not going to invite Cavs or Warriors.

They had people in our campaign etc etc.

etc etc etc

Lies about border control.

Has a go at fake news.

Rudy is Rudy.

You cannot leak LIKE HILLARY CLINTON DID.
    I suspect the 747 burnt about $5k's worth of fuel waiting for him to finish that rant
  • kingstongraham
    I suspect the 747 burnt about $5k's worth of fuel waiting for him to finish that rant

To be fair, he was "answering" questions rather than freeform ranting.

I love the switches within the same breath.

I have been Russia's worst nightmare. Russia should be in the meeting.
    I'm not above the law. Yes, I do have an absolute right to pardon myself.
    You're fake news. I believe in freedom of the press.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    He is going to pardon Muhammed Ali though, as well as looking at 3,000 other pardons. as important as those might be, not a lot on the G7 and NK during his runway rant before leaving for Canada

Were these on the advice of Kim Kardashian and has he made her Attorney General yet? He seems to listen more to her than any of the actual politicians.
  • kingstongraham
    Trump: Sportspeople need to stand for the anthem, otherwise they are disrespecting our military. And by the way, I'm pardoning Muhammad Ali.
  • bianchimoon
    Pross wrote:

Were these on the advice of Kim Kardashian and has he made her Attorney General yet? He seems to listen more to her than any of the actual politicians.
    Nah, Judge Jeannie from Fox news was reported today to be angling for Sessions job.. watch this space ;)
  • bianchimoon
    Trump: Sportspeople need to stand for the anthem, otherwise they are disrespecting our military. And by the way, I'm pardoning Muhammad Ali.
    One draft dodger to another eh :wink:
    (not that i'm saying for the same reasons)
  • kingstongraham

You'd have thought one of the first things to check is whether the conviction hadn't already been overturned.
  • bianchimoon

You'd have thought one of the first things to check is whether the conviction hadn't already been overturned.
    detail, detail, he's prepared all his life for times like these not a piddling week like Hillary :D
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163

Yeah, but being pardoned by Trump is an honour rather just a bog standard overturning of a conviction.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    TheBigBean wrote:

Well you got me there - can't deny that.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696
    FishFish wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

You could if you were Donald Trump. Go on give it a go.. You know you want to.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    he now wants Russia invited into a G8!

It was the G8 for a long time until they annexed Crimea and got kicked out. I don't see how they would fit into the group now, as they seem to have given up on their moves towards being a democracy.

I think if you step back a bit and forget his day job, that's a top class bit of trolling.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    I am going to need some serious evidence that the group shot in this report is not a Photoshop collage. FAKE NEWS!
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44409775
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • FishFish
    There is no group photo in this link unless you mean the one of Xi and Putin and the staged cheerleading that, whilst being utterly disingenuous, is by no means fake.

What is unarguably fake is G7 which like Davos became a place where people (6 in the case of G7) could get their photo taken with the President of USA.

• FishFish
    Robert88 wrote:
    FishFish wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

You could if you were Donald Trump. Go on give it a go.. You know you want to.

Thanks for the invitation. Seems to me it is missing the point without China and India and BRIC. My company held its management meeting in Las Vegas two years ago - great fun - but utterly pointless and did not achieve anything other than being great fun. I suppose it is the same as G7 who are not going to achieve anything because their electorates just want a job - and you can't really blame them for that.

• robert88
    Clearly Trump is desperate to achieve a deal with Kim (Jong un, he's done Kardashian) if only to gain votes in November. His posturing at the G7 has the same motive. Nevertheless and despite his 'bigger button' he will meet with the Korean leader on the back foot.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,204
    Robert88 wrote:
    ...he's done Kardashian...
    POIDH
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,983
    FishFish wrote:
    There is no group photo in this link unless you mean the one of Xi and Putin and the staged cheerleading that, whilst being utterly disingenuous, is by no means fake.

What is unarguably fake is G7 which like Davos became a place where people (6 in the case of G7) could get their photo taken with the President of USA.
    They've changed the report. They were found out.
    There is now a video link. It still doesn't look right. CGI. FAKE NEWS! :lol::lol::lol:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • robert88
    orraloon wrote:
    Robert88 wrote:
    ...he's done Kardashian...
    POIDH

Images like that are what darkness was invented for.
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Robert88 wrote:
    Clearly Trump is desperate to achieve a deal with Kim (Jong un, he's done Kardashian) if only to gain votes in November. His posturing at the G7 has the same motive. Nevertheless and despite his 'bigger button' he will meet with the Korean leader on the back foot.
    Were it not for the potential over-reaction from Donny, part of me wishes that Kim Jon Un was just stringing him along and that when he (DT) actually arrives in Singapore for the meeting, he finds that Kim has changed his mind and decided to stay at home.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    FishFish wrote:
    Seems to me it is missing the point without China and India and BRIC.

I know it is quite common in acronyms to repeat the last letter (PIN number etc.), but China, India and BRIC seems to be going a bit over the top.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,106
    TheBigBean wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

I know it is quite common in acronyms to repeat the last letter (PIN number etc.), but China, India and BRIC seems to be going a bit over the top.

And Brazil is not quite the powerhouse everyone thought it would be a few years ago, so that leaves Russia, which is on the naughty step.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    rjsterry wrote:
    And Brazil is not quite the powerhouse everyone thought it would be a few years ago, so that leaves Russia, which is on the naughty step.
    Russia isn't exactly a powerhouse either: GDP is less then half the UK's.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,699
    TheBigBean wrote:
    FishFish wrote:

As he doesn’t know who’s in G7 there’s a good chance Fishy doesn’t know who’s in BRIC even if there is a clue in the name.
    But he’s the smartest fishy with the greatest qualifications.
  • FishFish
    Well I've been to all of them many times - Brasil only twice - so I'm quite familiar with BRIC.

I guess for you BRIC is Bognor Regis In a Caravan. Which would suit you.

...just as it suited me a few years ago when I took my kids.